Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my NITRO in the shop four times with 8,000 miles the alarm keeps shorting out the rear tail light. They replaced the computer module and it shorted out two weeks later. I am very frusted now they told me the car is ready and they took out the anti theft system that keeps shorting the light out and said they have to get another from the factory may take 10 days. The service dept at ALLEN SAMUELS DODGE is a JOKE I WILL never buy another American made car. They are trying to cover themselves from the lemon law and said the car had another alarm added to it from the dealership that it was transferred from to ALLEN. If anyone has any suggestions now my red led light does not come on and I guess there is no anti theft system in the car can someone please help. Thks

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi there, this is my first post. just a newbie here and i saw that it is outdated. supposed im gonna create a new thread for this but im worried forumers would not pay their attention to it. have just a few question related to this. it just happened that my nitro ( given to me by my dad) has a problem. One tail light wasn't working. I switched the sockets that hold the brake light bulbs, then only one worked, then both don't work. We tried to bend the contact points out a little and cleaned them off also. Is this a common problem? Should I just replace the twist in bulb housings or what would i do with it? would appreciate any help from you guys. Thank you....

"Driving with the Tail lights off at night" Whew!

·
Super Moderator
23,863 Posts
Welcome. When you reply to an outdated Thread it brings it to the top again so maybe someone has an answer for you. It's a same that when there is an issue, there must have been a resolve, but the Poster does not follow up. Even if they sell there vehicle it would be informative to know that.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
The top lights are a combination stop and tail light. The middle lights are a combination turn signal and tail light. Do your brake and signal lights work as they are supposed to, and only your 4 tail lamps are not working? If this is the case, more than likely the fuses for the tail lamps is blown. The left side tail lamps are Fuse M17, and the right side are Fuse M18. The fuses are located in the big black box behind the battery, under the hood.
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts