Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,please help me...

My brake pads was worn down on the front brakes,changed them last friday, and much of the "brake dust" (dont know if its called this)got stuck really hard on the right front rim:mad:!!!Well i have try degreaser and rim cleaning and got some off,but there are still much left. Any suggestion of other things i can use to get rid of it?:( .I dont want to use anything that destroy the rim or scratch it. The rims are only a few months old and clearcoated ,so yes im pretty damn mad right now.Im also scared that the breake dust has burn in to the clearcoat,if that is the deal i have to buy a new rim:mad:
One guy i talk to say that i could try whit diesel,dont know if it would work...
Going to see a wheel dealer on monday to ask if they know some good stuff.
(sorry for any wrongspelling).

XX Miss Nitro.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Google "Brake Dust Cleaner". There are many hits!

I hate to recommend anything to you, because I do not know what is available for sale in Sweden. Simple Green is a good product available in US. Since your wheels are clear coated, read the instructions carefully as some cleaners do state "not to be used on clearcoat".

I found this link for you:

How to clean off brake dust [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

I would go to your dealer, or an Auto Parts Store in your area and see what they recommend. If your new brakes continue to do this, they make a "Brake Dust Shield" that mounts between your wheel and the hub, and these will keep most, if not all, dust off of your wheels. They come in a variety of colors and can look cool against you wheels.

I am very saddened to learn that both Volvo and Saab will both be owned by the Chinese. :mad:

Good luck.

:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i will try anything to fix the rim,it looks so bad right now.
supernice link you send,a lot of good tips.

XX Miss Nitro.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thanks i will try anything to fix the rim,it looks so bad right now.
supernice link you send,a lot of good tips.

XX Miss Nitro.
This is what we are here for, what we do, to try to make each other's lives easier!

:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im so happy....yes so happy...

I went to the shop who waxed my car.
They had some kind of a "super"-degreaser(dont know the name,probably a trade secret),after about 3 minutes and some mild and very gently scrubbing it just wash of:). The rim looks just like new,will do some waxing on them to keep them in this condition:D

So no more sad face;)

XX Miss Nitro

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
:) :) :) :eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone who have try "brake dust shields"?:confused:

Are they hard to get/put on the wheels?

Do they last or rust away? any noice from the wheels?

XX Miss Nitro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts