Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2007 Nitro that hasn't a ash tray or lighter in it . Since both my wife & I still smoke , I would like to install them in my Nitro . Can someone here guide me to instructions and a source that will make this possible . I'm not interested in a cup ash tray . Want one that is mounted in dash . I'm assuming they were available & a option when Nitro was first bought . I need instructions as I will be installing them myself . :)

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
You are correct Van it was an option.

Smoker’s Group —

Van I went all-the-way to the original Factory Mopar 2007 Accessory book and never saw anything except the drop in cup unit. Are you sure there was ever an in dash ashtray for the Nitro? I don't think so, so if there was, a junk yard would be your only source and that would be really hard to find. You could rig something up and add a in dash lighter as shown below in the video. Otherwise I can't help. Let us know what you do and that info may help another. Good Luck

how to replace or add 12 volt accessory cigarette lighters in your car

Nitro 2007 2007 1690 Black, includes ash receiver and lighter 04595833AB 0.0 $28.20 (Factory in 2007)

MOPAR-04595833AB-ASH-TRAY-KIT
MOPAR-04595833AB-ASH-TRAY-KIT

Details about MOPAR # 04595833AB ASH TRAY KIT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Rickaren for your quick reply . You are most likely correct in saying that there wasn't a dash mounted ash tray for the 2007 Nitro , I was just hoping there was one . Have experience with the cup type ash tray , my wifes Mustang has it & I find it very messy . Will likely try rigging up something that will work better & not be as messy . If I find a way of doing it , I will post it here so other people that still have the bad habit like us can do the same . :D

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
When I special ordered my Nitro it had every option EXCEPT the "Smoker’s Group" and the "engine block heater". Didn't really think about it till you brought the subject up, what that option contained. There are Sites "Online" that sell replacement ash trays for vehicles of the past in the 50's and 60's. Guess anything could be modified, but with all the plastic now used in dashboards (not metal) it could become a fire hazard.

Welcome & Good Luck and maybe we can be more helpful on your next Nitro modification.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
As a reformed smoker, I shouldn't really be helping lol. However, my first mother-in-law wanted an ash tray for the side where she held her cigarette and came up with a suction type bud vase which she stuck to the windshield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
jhnhopkins
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing