Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that have got a chance to read my newbie post, I am on the highway a lot for work. My 2011 Nitro Heat R/T 4x4, with the 4.0 does decent on gas and has decent power. But as like anything else in Merica, more is better. I was browsing the threads and swear I seen somebody that has a turbo on there 4.0, but now I can't find it. What are some general mods to consider for waking up this sleepy beast?

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I am not aware of anyone adding a turbo to their Nitro, but these are my performance plans as I rebuild my modding account:

1. Bilstein Shocks - firm up the ride
2. B-Woody Sway Bar Links - again, firm up the ride, with less lean
3. P265/60R20 Goodyear Fortera HL tires - I am hoping for a quieter ride (the factory Wranglers are way too noisy on concrete, IMHO). The thicker sidewall should soften the ride. Also, these tires are 30.5" overall diameter, the largest that can be mounted on a Nitro, with or with out a lift.
4. Volant CAI. From what I have read, this is the best performing CAI for our Nitro.
5. Jet Stage 2 PCM Chip
6. I have removed my resonator, and do not plan on doing anything else to my exhaust. But, some after market cat backs do offer performance gains - I just do not want any more noise!

As you can see by my signature, I have done a lot of modding - I went for comfort and looks first; next I will concentrate on performance, and finally I want a sun roof and leather seats.

:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will have to look into the chip, and see what it sounds like with out the resonator. I am planning on getting the 4" lift but I don't know how much angle it is going to put on my cv shafts yet. hard to find info, or anyone that has done it.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
I will have to look into the chip, and see what it sounds like with out the resonator. I am planning on getting the 4" lift but I don't know how much angle it is going to put on my cv shafts yet. hard to find info, or anyone that has done it.
Check out the Jeep Liberty forum, and see what those guys are doing, concerning the lift. The Nitro is basically a Liberty with a 2" longer wheelbase, and thus, the two trucks share many common parts. In fact, they were built on a common assembly line!

:cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts