Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 3.7L No cruise control on this model. Just got a code P0572. Is this common with Nitro's? first time I received this one, for any of my vehicles, so im not sure on what trouble shooting steps to start at.

Is this a fairly easy fix?

Thanks
Adam

·
Super Moderator
23,434 Posts
07 3.7L No cruise control on this model. Just got a code P0572. Is this common with Nitro's? first time I received this one, for any of my vehicles, so im not sure on what trouble shooting steps to start at.

Is this a fairly easy fix?

Thanks
Adam
Welcome Adam!

From what I can find it might be a brake light switch that needs to be replaced.

Could be a bad brake switch,the CC is wired to the brake switch is why the CC doesnt work,here what cause the PO572;
•Brake switch signal circuit is shorted to ground
•BS No. 2 signal open (5.7L)
•Brake switch is damaged or has failed
•PCM has failed

Have seen this issue reported before and that the replacement switch can only be installed once so read and follow the instructions if you choose to do it yourself. Good Luck and please let us know what you find.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f11/dodge-nitro-obd2-codes-2007-08-a-4298/

Using our above link it states the Brake Light Switch is "Stuck On"!
Basically, when i press my brake pedal, the top tailgate light goes ON and OFF when it is supposed to. My left brake light is stuck on at all times regardless of the brake being depressed or not. Right side doesn't come on at all (probably burnt out). If it is the brake switch, why does the top tailgate brake light work properly?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome Adam!

From what I can find it might be a brake light switch that needs to be replaced.

Could be a bad brake switch,the CC is wired to the brake switch is why the CC doesnt work,here what cause the PO572;
•Brake switch signal circuit is shorted to ground
•BS No. 2 signal open (5.7L)
•Brake switch is damaged or has failed
•PCM has failed

Have seen this issue reported before and that the replacement switch can only be installed once so read and follow the instructions if you choose to do it yourself. Good Luck and please let us know what you find.
How difficult is the swap? Also, by chance, is there a sticky or step by step with pictures?
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
23,434 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Basically, when i press my brake pedal, the top tailgate light goes ON and OFF when it is supposed to. My left brake light is stuck on at all times regardless of the brake being depressed or not. Right side doesn't come on at all (probably burnt out). If it is the brake switch, why does the top tailgate brake light work properly?
Welcome to the forum. The top brake light has its' own fuse and circuit, separate from the normal brake lights.

:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts