Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am buying a 2008 Nitro RT today. The big question is the truck has the premium sound system already. If I negotiate for a MYGig, is it a plug and play so that basically, the dealer can swap out head units to give me the mygig, or is there other hardware that is needed for the mygig infotainment system to operate? Could I just buy the head unit and install it myself. There are 2 trucks for me to pick from. First choice has sunroof and no mygig. Choice #2 has mygig and no sunroof. Price will be the same. Seems easier to add mygig than to add a sunroof, so I want to buy the one with the sun roof. Thanks a million. Lots of info on this site!

Thanks in advance

Ed

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Hello everyone. I am buying a 2008 Nitro RT today. The big question is the truck has the premium sound system already. If I negotiate for a MYGig, is it a plug and play so that basically, the dealer can swap out head units to give me the mygig, or is there other hardware that is needed for the mygig infotainment system to operate? Could I just buy the head unit and install it myself. There are 2 trucks for me to pick from. First choice has sunroof and no mygig. Choice #2 has mygig and no sunroof. Price will be the same. Seems easier to add mygig than to add a sunroof, so I want to buy the one with the sun roof. Thanks a million. Lots of info on this site!

Thanks in advance

Ed
Welcome Ed!

First off I would want BOTH factory installed! If you check out the below link adding a mygig system can be done, but it must be quite a job and you need the factory installed speaker mirror not an add-on type speaker as supplied in their kit. If the Dealership is really sharp and knows what they are doing it could work in exchanging the unit from one Nitro to another in stock. Have seen several incidents where that was not the case. The mygig radio is definitely more expensive than a sun roof, but other optional equipment must be involved. Have you gone to the Dodge "On-Line" site and ordered a new Nitro with what you want and did it find one? There are a lot of new 08 & 09 Nitros sitting on Dealer lots and at Factory storage in Ohio. I'm sure you or your Dealer could find exactly what you want in color and options. I have done this in the past and yes it did cost a little more to transport it to my Dealer. In my case my salesman picked it up out of State and drove it back. (you can have flat bed delivery too saving any miles being put on,but would cost more) You might be surprised that your Dealership would do this, and yes they would like to sell a Nitro off their lot first, but any profit in these hard time is better than nothing. Also another Dealer in State or out, may deliver one to your home to make a sale. You have several options, but for me I would want at least the Mygig radio factory installed. A local Dealer Add-On Company can come pretty close to installing a Factory look-a-like sun roof and your Dealer may even have it installed at their costs, to make a sale. Good Luck on whatever you decide and check back in here and let us know how it all worked out for you.

Jeep Grand Cherokee WK - RER Navigation Radios

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and got the Stone White with the Sunroof. Wife is happy, and considering it is for her, she was not stuck on the MY Gig like I was. Plus, got a pretty decent deal on it, 22,189, brand new
08. She's happy all is well.

Ed

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Hey Rick,

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and got the Stone White with the Sunroof. Wife is happy, and considering it is for her, she was not stuck on the MY Gig like I was. Plus, got a pretty decent deal on it, 22,189, brand new
08. She's happy all is well.

Ed
Great color, just like mine but about 10K cheaper than went I bought my 07 R/T. Should make you really feel good about the price, but I am really happy I bought mine when I did. Waiting for a better price in the future does not always work, since you loose that enjoyment now, for a future that may never come. Enjoy and good luck with your new Nitro!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah, I've been doing a ton of Mygig research - adding it, and NAV-TV to get all the functions/features. If you have even a tiny bit of experience with audio, this install seems to be a breeze, everything should be plug and play (as long as it's just the HU and maybe a Nav nipple)

Congratz on the ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
scans007
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing