Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just bought a 2007 crd sxt dodhe nitro in the Uk
The key fob /rke doesnt open the doors correctly-locks are wanting to go up and do eventually after a few tried and the same when going to lock vehicle

Also have a problem withthe single rear seat not locating into position

Any help appreciated
Willie

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I replaced battery and didnt work and the vehicle randomly lovks and unlocks and also the drivers window goes down itself after licking vehicle

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Have you reset the vehicles computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes (like you do with a home computer ) and then hooking it back up? Sometimes that correct an issue like yours.........

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Willduff it always best to reboot the Nitro computer for any electrical issue first. How does the manual use of the drivers door power window switch work? Any issue using it? It is a known issue with many and has to be replaced! If you do so make sure you get the part # off the old switch to use to find the replacement being in the UK.
Check out the below Link.

Drivers Power Window Switch Issues

Key problem

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi i have disconnected battery and i think the locking and unlocking is fixed but the window still goes down itself after
Manual use of electric windows is fine and have recalibrated driver and passenger with still no avail

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In response to the driver rear seat i have identified the problem -the mechanism where it locks the seat in ,it looks like the little locking cogs have broke or worn away and from the diagram its hard to identify and also licate this part in the UK

·
Super Moderator
23,328 Posts
Hi i have disconnected battery and i think the locking and unlocking is fixed but the window still goes down itself after
Manual use of electric windows is fine and have recalibrated driver and passenger with still no avail
Great you have finally figured out or eliminated what may be causing your issues!

I think you may have a window regulator/carrier plate issue on that window, another common issue for Nitro owners. If so, no repairs can be made just replacement. The following LINK may help.

How to install window glass/window regulator/carrier plate

1 - 8 of 8 Posts