Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if I can change the headlight bulbs by hand from the engineroom. Without removing the grill at all? Is it difficult or easy? Which bulbs are rekommended? Have anyone tried? Or is it a case for the dealer?

Best Regards

The Swede
Nitro R/T-08
Inferno Red, full equipped

·
Super Moderator
23,851 Posts
I wonder if I can change the headlight bulbs by hand from the engineroom. Without removing the grill at all? Is it difficult or easy? Which bulbs are rekommended? Have anyone tried? Or is it a case for the dealer?

Best Regards

The Swede
Nitro R/T-08
Inferno Red, full equipped
Headlamp bulbs are changed inside engine compartment with no problem, and parking lamp bulbs, too. Only the side marker lamps require the grill removal. I would go with some aftermarket bulb since regular factory bulbs leave a lot to be desired in way of brightness.

Check out this Link as to replacing front bulbs. Good Luck!

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/dodge-nitro/f5/nitro-grille-removal-3293/ (#2 Post)

·
Super Moderator
23,851 Posts
Thanks!
I have bought Osram R9008. They are coming on monday.

/The Swede
I am sure others might want to know how you like this new replacement bulbs. Let us know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello again!
The new headlight bulbs are now in place... Much brighter light compare with the stock. I Can recommend Osram R9008. Looks almost like Xenon lights. Very nice...

The Swede

·
Super Moderator
23,851 Posts
Hello again!
The new headlight bulbs are now in place... Much brighter light compare with the stock. I Can recommend Osram R9008. Looks almost like Xenon lights. Very nice...

The Swede
Great News! Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
23,851 Posts
Dodge Nitro Headlight Bulb Replacement

Published on Jul 23, 2012

A quick video on how to change the headlights for a Dodge Nitro. My Dodge Nitro is a 2008, but they should all be about the same since there aren't any major differences between the years.

WARNING: make sure not to touch the glass of the new headlight. The oils on your skin may cause it to burst under the hot operating temperatures of the light bulb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts