Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
carmelsdad26

Does anyone have a problem with wheel corrosion? My 2007 Nitro had the wheels replaced the back end of last year due to corrosion and the same thing is happening again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Corroded wheels

I'm new at this, but,
Does anyone have a problem with wheel corrosion? My 2007 Nitro had the wheels replaced the back end of last year due to corrosion and the same thing is happening again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
defective stock R/T rims

Hey whats up everyone Im James. Within the last week and a half I bought a 08 Black Nitro R/T. I was just curious, has anyone else had a problem with the coating flaking off of the outer part of the rim? I spoke to someone today at work who has the exact same nitro and who actually pointed it out to me said that her's did the same thing and that they were defective. Also she told me that she took it back to dodge and they replaced all 4 wheels. So any and all info on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, James

·
Registered
20 Posts
rims

any one have trouble with their aluminum rims mine are corroding bad dealer ship said they were covered then said they are not couse I put new tires on them the factory tires did not even last 1 year and were bald(junk goodyears)they will really look bad after another winter

·
Super Moderator
23,460 Posts
any one have trouble with their aluminum rims mine are corroding bad dealer ship said they were covered then said they are not couse I put new tires on them the factory tires did not even last 1 year and were bald(junk goodyears)they will really look bad after another winter
Many have been replaced under the 3 year/36000 mile warranty because of salt damage.

TSB Number: 2200107 NHTSA Number: 10022002 TSB Date: May 23, 2007 Date Added to File: June 28, 2007
Failing Component:
Wheels
Summary:
Chrome clad wheel crack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have 33K and wanted to get them covered under the 3-36 deal too but they said they would not do it cause I put new tires on might have to try another dealership cause the salt ate them up this past winter and if I let them go another winter I know they will be really bad

·
Registered
20 Posts
talked to another dealer ship they gave me a # at Chrysler to call will see what happens the only other complaint I have is that I had to replace brakes and rotors and its not even 2 years old pads ok but rotors were shot too must be poor material so they got replaced with good ones

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same problem with my 08 talked to chrysler directly since dealership would not help they are supposed to take care of it we will see

·
Super Moderator
23,460 Posts
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
23,460 Posts
That's nice to know ,I wonder how much this "kit " is going to cost ?
Just another reason to have your Nitro serviced @ the Dealership! I'M SURE it would be cheaper....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All!
I am experiencing the same issue. All 4 of my rims on my '08 Nitro RT have the chrome peeling off from the outer edge by the tire. They have looked like he!! since I had about 15,000km on the vehicle. I tried to go through my dealership to get them fixed or replaced and they contacted Chrysler who indicated that it must have been something I was doing wrong. It was not a Dodge problem. I am not at all happy because they still look terrible. If someone has had them replaced by the dealer, please pass onthe details as I am not happy with the results I got in Alberta!!!

·
Super Moderator
23,460 Posts
Component Description:
11. WHEELS
Bulletin Number: 2200107
Bulletin Date: May 2007
Vehicle: 2,007 Dodge Nitro

Summary:
CHROME CLAD WHEEL CRACK. ( NHTSA ITEM NUMBER - 10022002 )

There was a Bulletin on replacing these wheels (see above) and many did have them replaced. Some were rejected if they had replaced their tires, and others stated that the replacement wheels did the same. Maybe since you have an 08 they think the issue was only on 07s, but your vehicle could have wheels manufactured in 07! I would try again contacting Chrysler and send them some pictures. Good Luck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts