Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the forums and have to chuckle. People complain about the lamest things.

The exaust sounds like a diesel:
Wow, i aways thought of it to be a low sounding rumble, and rumble means power.

The thing stalls on occasion: I agree, a huge safety issue! Mine even did it twice. It is a fix that needs to be addressed ASAP. But, it is a totally new vehicle! It will have bugs! That is what repair shops/warranty is for. NOTHING goes without needing fixin sometimes.

MyGig not in yet!!: I didn't get it, and i would have liked to. But you knew it would not be in when you bought the thing, and if the dealer lied to you as to when the it is gonna be in, then that is between you and the dealer! IT WILL NOT AFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF THE VEHICLE! It is a perk!

No dipstick: Ummm unless you are leaking then the fluid is fine. AND it is under warranty so who cares. I myself have never ever needed to add tranny fluid to a vehicle, other than my 68 Nova SS. Go figure.

Panels are warping?: Like afformentioned, things will need to be de-bugged. Not everything is gonna be uber perfect. Maybe the glue, or plastic is defective. Who knows, hence the warranty. New car! New model! BUGS!

Most of you people just feel the need to "nit-pick" every little detail! NOONE WILL EVER BE 100 PERCENT HAPPY WITH THE VEHICLE THEY BUY!! I mean everything from them hitting the defrost button too much and asking them to move it 2 inches to the left because noone is built like you. Just be more careful. The only thing i see of immediate concern or something you should really be mad about is the stalling. I am too.

I LOVE my NITRO. So does the wife. I was going to take it in the mud and take some pics but got a showstorm and will have to next time i am home. I will let you know. As for the people seriously bashing the NITRO, of you that hate it that bad why the F are you on the forums? You don't even have one!

I am a long haul truck driver. I see over 125000 miles a year. I drive a 07 Freightliner Columbia. Like any vehicle, it has it's pros and cons. The doors leak air on windy days and the interior is noisy. But i can live with it because it rides nice, good power and fuel mileage, and i can turn this baby around on a dime.

As a total fluke, as i type this i am watching Motoring 2007.They just did a review on the Nitro. What are the chances. They gave it a great review, and the only complaint was a sliding rear window. Once again, big deal. Lift the gate you lazy bum!

For damnsakes, stop whining about trivial things guys/gals. Leave more positive feedback and tell people how much ya like yer new ride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank GOD !!!!, I am new to this forum and just got my Nitro last week. I got on here and all I read is Wha Wha this and Wha Wha that, Christ if I were that unhappy i would take it Back. I can't say to much, I have only had it for 5 day's, But thus far I Love it !!, I expect that buying a brand new model first year out there is going to be some bugs, it is to be expected with any car maker, ( Go read about the $30 + Toyota FJ) SO like he says you have a warranty for a reason. Drive, Enjoy, Stop whining !!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have a complaint , the boss will hardly let me drive it. She says it's hers , I say I bought it, says makes no diff.. How do I get that fixed under the warranty.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thank you Finch!!
I agree 100%! I stopped coming to this forum in particular because of the generally pissy attitude found on it. I found another forum that has some pissing & others who are enjoying their new ride, modding it, and just generally NOT whining all the time.

Over 4000 miles now. It's getting +20 mpg on the highway, 17 mpg in the city, and 14 mpg towing...... about an 80% improvement over my Dakota.
The only issues I've had are a bad passenger side door lock, a scratched sunroof, and a loose connector in the airbag system..... ALL of which the dealer took care of!

Attachments

·
Registered
44 Posts
AirJunky said:
...I found another forum that has some pissing & others who are enjoying their new ride, modding it, and just generally NOT whining all the time...
Unfortunately, that site is poorly laid out, large multiple ads cluttered everywhere which is beyond annoying.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree the layout here needs to be expanded & then it would be a real good site or at least competitive with others for traffic. It does seem the complaint thread would be the busiest though. Newbies complaining & the crossover guys defending. Oh well life in the fast lane.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have same problem as danpfay99, the wife thinks it's hers even though I bought it, pay for her insurance etc etc. I've had a few minor problems sorted out and I really enjoy driving it. Kids love it, neighbors love it, guys at work love it in fact most people who see it comment on how they like it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ResumeSpeed said:
Unfortunately, that site is poorly laid out, large multiple ads cluttered everywhere which is beyond annoying.
ResumeSpeed. I read your comment on the 'other forum' about the ads and such. Appreciate your comments, the ads used to annoy me too. However, there are those of us that visit both sites. If you visit there often enough, you will quickly see that 10 times the number of posts are placed there than on this site. Most of us simply ignore the ads, even though when you are there long enough you can remove them. (I have yet to remove them)

Not knocking this site, but the photo gallery doesn't even work. For people wanting to join a site, learn about a new vehicle and see mods others have made to their vehicles, photos are very important. Some of the ads you hate are actually what some 'newbies' are looking for. Not everone is going to fall in love with every forum out there.

That other site has many advantages. Namely, genuine Chrysler Techs that are willing to help anyone on the site with a problem. Second, aftermarket suppliers like Kicker audio and High Horse Performance exhaust that have worked with members to provide parts and accesories for the Nitro. The site is cheerful and friendly and comments by everyone are generally appreciated, even yours!

Tim, o.k.a. HighVoltageNITRO

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree I just joined this site today and like previous others have said there are a great group of people on the other site willing to help, complaints made on the site are addresed by the members to find a solution for all . Before long you will feel like a part of the great Nitro Owners Community present. I have made many friends there and in no way discredit this site. I just felt the need give my thumbs up also.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ResumeSpeed I responded to you commets on the other site, just think you should visit a few times & I'm sure you will change your mind, look for the positives in everything makes life much more enjoyable. Dan
o.k.a. danpfay99( just had to do that)lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
MyBluNITRO said:
...The site is cheerful and friendly and comments by everyone are generally appreciated, even yours!
I don't think my comments were welcome, my thread per the excessive ads was inexplicably deleted today. After the initial post I received a nasty email from admin. I responded to the thread in a professional way but they still decided to delete the entire thread. It's unfortunate that they do not accept constructive criticism over there, one has to wonder why they even have a "Forum Suggestions" area.

There are a growing number of board members and visitors who are being turned off by excessive advertising, blinking ads and similar annoyances that are on the increase on various web sites. Having members pay to have the ads hidden is a poor solution, and does nothing to help attract new visitors and members. It's very obvious that the ads are annoying or you wouldn't have people paying to have them bypassed.

I also offered to supply several TSB's that they were missing as their current list is not up-to-date, but that offer was ignored. My track record on other forums for supplying this type of info as well as other inside and future model info speaks for itself. Evidentally they are not interested, and that's ok, I'll go back to hanging out on the other DCX forums where my opinions and knowledge are better appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
danpfay99 said:
ResumeSpeed I responded to you comments on the other site, just think you should visit a few times & I'm sure you will change your mind, look for the positives in everything makes life much more enjoyable. Dan
o.k.a. danpfay99( just had to do that)lol
See my comments above. I don't recall your reply but the thread was deleted so I cannot read it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ResumeSpeed said:
Apparantly an opinion statement here. There is far more content on that site because there is so much more traffic. More people, more photos of the trucks, and more feedback.
The ads don't bother me because their for companies like K&N or other vendors who sell Nitro parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
AirJunky said:
...The ads don't bother me because their for companies like K&N or other vendors who sell Nitro parts.
Like these ads?

'06 Charger Grilles
Top Dodge Ram prices
Dodge Dakota bargains
Dodge Ram Accessories

I like their "mission statement":

"Unlike other forums which are plastered with ads and other confusing additions, nitroforumZ is absolutely uncluttered, and ad free for our site supporters!"

They should ad:

"For non-supporters you will find plenty of advertising and other confusing additions as well as clutter everywhere".

I'd like to know what other Nitro forums they are referring to that are "plastered with ads and other confusing additions" and which ones they are referring to that are not ad-free for supporters?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mission Statement? Wow, are you on the inside track or what? Definitely not the average user I'm talkin to here. I didn't even realize there was such a thing. And looking over the various Nitro sites, it looks like those Google ads are on about all of them. The difference is that they incorporate Nitro photos in the ads. At least 2 of the other sites have ads going down the right side, or animated ads across the top (hence: confusing).
Even your own forums use ads. I assume it's to help cover the expenses for worthless chitchat like this. I sure wouldn't want the burden.
The bottom line is of the 4 Nitro sites I've been a part of, there is definitely one standing out.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ResumeSpeed: As typical users of the internet, most of us are constantly bombarded with in your face advertising every time we use a search engine. Consequently, we are on the outside looking in at these forums.

You on the other hand, appear to be an insider looking out. You are an insider because you say that you can directly present product information in which we are interested. Perhaps this means you don’t spend as much time on the net as some of the rest of us, or you simply are not accustomed to all the hype. I have no idea what position you have within Chrysler, for all I know you could be the Director of R & D. I think it is wonderful that you would be willing to share information with all of us peons and it would be great if you would also be willing to do that on all sites on the web dedicated to those who are interested in all things Nitro.

However, you should know that the advertising on that other site bothers few (if any) of the members there. Many of us are also members here. This is not a bad forum, but as mentioned previously, it does not provide many of the benefits of the other site. If this site offered free storage space to members for photographs and links to discounted parts suppliers, it would probably be as popular as the other one. I have been a member here one month longer than a member there. Since neither site costs me anything, I visit both almost daily and hold no allegiance to either. However, I do not always log in to this site because there are so few posts that I have little or nothing to add.

Since joining these forums, I have been waiting on my Nitro to be ordered, built, shipped and delivered. Weeks turned into months and now after many have passed my Nitro R/T is scheduled to be delivered at the end of the week. I will be sharing my new vehicle with other forum members, but only to the extent allowed by each forum’s configuration. I hope that you understand this has nothing to do with ads or their content on either site, but more to do with the freedoms and the opportunities offered by each. I assume it must be advertising in general that you do not like because I can not grasp why anyone working for Chrysler would dislike ads for other product lines produced by Chrysler.

ResumeSpeed, I encourage you to do two things. One, if you have not already done so, upgrade to Internet Explorer 7. It allows you to open and easily navigate between tabs (different web sites or the same web site displaying different views) and to view these different web pages faster allowing you to switch back and forth between them. It makes navigating the net much easier. Two, watch “Bladerunner” again if you have not seen it in a while or watch it for the first time if you have never seen it. After that therapy, it will be a while before you let ads bother you again.

Best regards,
Tim

·
Registered
44 Posts
MyBluNITRO said:
...Perhaps this means you don’t spend as much time on the net as some of the rest of us, or you simply are not accustomed to all the hype.
I spend tons of time on the internet, that is why I am so frustrated with the increasing amount of advertising. I have been online since "day one", back in the 90s, and probably average 50-60 hours a week online. I have been active on message boards for nearly ten years, and have been involved here and there in web page design along the way. I have NO objection to advertising and fully understand the need for it, especially having a life-time background of owning my own business. What I object to is "in-your-face" ads, the flashing crap, the pop-ups, and ads stuck between every available white space on a page.

MyBluNITRO said:
I think it is wonderful that you would be willing to share information with all of us peons and it would be great if you would also be willing to do that on all sites on the web dedicated to those who are interested in all things Nitro.
A LOT of my time on the net is spent helping fellow car enthusiasts out, and not only enthusiasts for the vehicles I have owned, but for other models as well. My sole reason for signing up over on the Nitro "forumZ" site was to HELP Nitro owners with whatever info I could provide, as I have done for many years on many forums.

When I first went to the site I was set aback by all of the advertising and clutter, and let my opinion be known. I immediately received a very negative and smart-ass PM from admin. My last post was an offer to provide TSB info they were missing as well as other Nitro info and files. I wrote a nice PM to admin explaining my "purpose" and intent for joining the site. When I went to read the reply in my PM box I could not log on as my membership was cancelled. Then later I noticed they blocked one of my IP addresses!! (ROTFLMAO, like that would stop me from visiting their site!).

MyBluNITRO said:
However, you should know that the advertising on that other site bothers few (if any) of the members there.
I understand, but no one knows how many potential members have been or will be lost due to the poor placement and the excessive advertising. My question is this, IF the ads do not bother the members there, why are so many of them PAYING for the ads to not be displayed?

MyBluNITRO said:
I assume it must be advertising in general that you do not like because I can not grasp why anyone working for Chrysler would dislike ads for other product lines produced by Chrysler.
I have no issues with ads regardless of what they are selling, it's the "placement" and "quantity" that can be irritating. And I am not alone in this opinion, many others are getting increasingly frustrated.

MyBluNITRO said:
ResumeSpeed, I encourage you to do two things. One, if you have not already done so, upgrade to Internet Explorer 7. It allows you to open and easily navigate between tabs (different web sites or the same web site displaying different views) and to view these different web pages faster allowing you to switch back and forth between them.
Believe me, I am very familiar with web browsing, I can have 10-20 pages open at a time and fly right through them.

MyBluNITRO said:
... (re Bladerunner) After that therapy, it will be a while before you let ads bother you again....
I will always HATE ads that pop-up in my way, that flash annoyingly, and that are scattered between every other paragraph on a page.

MyBluNITRO said:
Since joining these forums, I have been waiting on my Nitro to be ordered, built, shipped and delivered. Weeks turned into months and now after many have passed my Nitro R/T is scheduled to be delivered at the end of the week. I will be sharing my new vehicle with other forum members, but only to the extent allowed by each forum’s configuration.
Tim, congrats on your new purchase, I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment. Sharing your experience is what the forums are all about. If you need build confirmation, a build sheet, other Nitro related electronic brochures or files, or other info shoot me a PM any time, I would be glad to help. Also if you need PDF files of TSB's you can now download them from this site here, much better than having just the text as many bulletins have diagrams.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am a "to the point" kind of guy. So here goes...

If ya don't like it then don't come here. The website is paid by advertisers, noone is gonne put it out there out of their own pocket. Unless they are rich. Stop yer whining...you take me as a person who just plain like to "nit-pick" things.

Have fun...and always bring a tow strap!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts