Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I designed and fabricated 20 gge steel cowl hood scoops and lowered rocker panels for my 2007 nitro. Cowls are not functional but they definately add an agressive look to the truck. 22" wheels and 2.5" lowering springs also installed:cool:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
These are really cool and I believe there would be a market for these if offered as an aftermarket item. Great picture and modification!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that was my thought to... the steel cowls fit to the hood within 1/32" i ground the hood down to primer welded them on fiberglesses seams ..then painted with satin black centre section.. i'm workn on a price. cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is interested in the scoops.They are not stamped steel. They are hand formed 20gge steel. Very labour intensive but they fit the hood very closely. $600 pair. I looked every where to find a cool hood and found nothing. My nitro has a 2.5" rise at the back which is very aggressive. They could be made from 1.5"- 3" tall at request. Note: They require about 6-8 hrs install time for welding and body work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Slim
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing