Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I go about hanging a custom plate to the front bumper, since there aren't any pre drilled holes for the plate to be mounted?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Just drill pilot holes and use self tapping screws - make sure the drill is smaller than the screw! Here's my plate - bracket took three holes.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i appreciate your response, your nitro is also a good look...lovin the chrome mirrors. I got my holes drilled, and my plate hung thanks again.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Great. Thank you for the compliment. Just like the government, we are here to help!

:cool:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Do you know where to purchase chrome side mirrors with day time running led lights. Similar to the ones the audi and mercedes have. i think on my nitro it could add even more styling to it.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Do you know where to purchase chrome side mirrors with day time running led lights. Similar to the ones the audi and mercedes have. i think on my nitro it could add even more styling to it.

You can find the mirror covers on ebay. Search: dodge nitro chrome. None of these come with lights, but they could be added very easily. Since our mirrors are heated, it would be very easy to run a wire through the mirror mount.

·
Registered
24 Posts
From the pic have up those look like some nice halo projector lights. I was the installation for u.

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
How was the installation I mean

Took me about an hour. The hardest part is not scratching anything when I took the grill out. There are metal friction clips sticking out of the bottom edge of the grill. The signal light and side marker light sockets just install in the new projector lamp assemblies, just as they do on the stock ones. There is a receptacle that comes with these that the stock head lamp harness just plugs into on each side.
The hardest part was trying to figure out how to energize the Halos. There is a black and red wire coming from each ballast. I cut the two wires going to each side marker socket. Then I crimped them back together with waterproof female spade connectors. I then crimped a waterproof male spade connector on the end of each wire coming from the ballasts. I then plugged the connectors together. I did it this way, because the high and low beam bulbs are located in a waterproof box, and the lid has to be removed in order to change the bulbs. Thus, you have to remove the grill to change the bulbs, so I made it easy on myself. Just unplug the Halos, and problem solved.
Hooking the Halos up this way has them come on as soon as I turn on the lights. Some members have installed a switch in the dash. Others hot wired the Halos so that they are on all the time, used a DRL's, but I believe this shortens their useful life.
It must be noted that as I shopped for these, I found them all to made by the same company, so I just shopped for price. Also, they do not come with any instructions: all the sales sites state: For Professional Installation Only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
dhh3
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing