21 - 40 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
warriorbob said:
i have a question

the NITRO has the tire pressure monitoring system
how does that work with custom wheels?
can it be taken off the stock wheel and be used on the custom wheel or is a new sensor purchased for the custom wheel?

you got it, the sensors are removed and reinstalled on your new wheels...very simple process and becoming more and more common in the wheel business....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has anyone thought about going the route of a mud tire on their Nitro's? I was thinking some sort of deep dish rim and putting a semi serious mud tire on. I think it would give the nitro a different stance visually to push the rims out a little bit further. Something with a black finish with or without a polished lip of some sort. Anyone have any ideas on this thought?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm all set to buy the RT when she comes on the market. However, i really don't like the 20" chrome rims. I'm going to do a swap with the dealer for some 17s.

My question is... does anyone know enough about the gear ratios on the Nitro to know if the RTs ratios will be ok with the 17" rims?

Thanks in advance...

MIke

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Mike,

According to Allpar.com the gears are as follows...

6 speed man--- 3.21

4 speed auto--- 3.73

5 speed auto (RT)-- 3.55

If you go to the Nitro section on Allpar they have a lot of tech info for all Nitro models...from what I have seen so far, the info appears to be accurate. I am a newbe at will not let me paste the URL.

Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks for the info, but i already knew what the ratios were. I was hoping someone could tell me if i get the r/t ratio and then change down to the 17" rims from the 20"s, will it negativly affect my ride.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
15 Posts
wpv123 said:
thanks for the info, but i already knew what the ratios were. I was hoping someone could tell me if i get the r/t ratio and then change down to the 17" rims from the 20"s, will it negativly affect my ride.

Thanks,

Mike
Not a wheel and tire expert, by any stretch (lol) but other than going with say a 35 or 40 series tire, I'm not sure how putting 17s on would event your ride negatively.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just remember when i had my wrangler, i threw some 32" mud terrains on without changing the gear ratios. My 5th gear was basically useless and i could hardly get the jeep over 65mph.

I don't want to make that same mistake again.

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you want all terrain tires, you might think about going with an 18" x 8' rim with 255 X .55 X 18 Nitto Terra Grappler tires. The section width is 10", but this tire is amost a perfect match to the diameter of the stock 17" wheel and tire. (0.02" larger) This means you really don't have to lift the vehicle, unless you are after increased ground clearance, and the dealership can do an electronics change on your speedo, if it needs any change at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Was that Nitro with the 22's and Vogues lowered? I have seen others with 22's and they do not "tuck in" as well as those look.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I see you all are going the other direction that I want to go. I am looking to go up with the Nitro. Do any of you know what the biggest AT tire is that will fit on the Nitro?

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Aftermarket wheels

Does anyone know the bolt pattern on the Nitro? I'd like to start looking for aftermarket wheels that can make mine (when I buy it) unique. Just like the wifes car pictured below. :)

21 - 40 of 120 Posts