Dodge Nitro Forum banner

61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
24 inch wheels?????

Anyone know the maximum wheel width and offset the nitro will take.
obviously will take 265/35R22 etc but i want to run 275/25R24. any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i want 24 s on mine .... i got a charger with 22s on they told me 24s wuldnt fit then i see some1 with them on ..... i want to no if 24s would fit on a nitro or wat mods ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
autech said:
Anyone know the maximum wheel width and offset the nitro will take.
obviously will take 265/35R22 etc but i want to run 275/25R24. any ideas?
That is almost the exact same height as stock tires, and only about an 1.2 inches wider width than the stock 20s. All you need to worry about is the correct offset. Look for the rims you want. I have seen 24s on the Nitro already. You will need to push the wheel out about 1/2" more than the stock wheel. I have 40MM offset 18s on mine with off road tires. My tires are about 1/2" larger diameter than the stock 20's that were on my R/T. I had to cut out the inner fender wells so mine would stop rubbing. Part of the rub was the 40MM offset. Going with a 25-35 MM offset should be safe for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bought 24's waiting for the tires to come in... I went with 255/30ZR24. I have seen a DUB edition Nitro w/ 275/25/24 which are 29.4 overall tire height. My stock 20's on the nitro are 29.6". The 255/30 will be 30.0" overall height. If you plan on lowering go w/ the 275... The Dub edition was lowered 3" w/ the 24's, I don't know how they did it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
And they say 24's won't fit...

Here's my proof that they do.

24x9 +35 offset 255/30/24
No modifications done! although if you turn as sharp as it will go they barley rub. As for the ride, It doesn't seem that different than the 20's. It has the suspension package which was kind of a stiff ride anyway. My wife said it rides better; I know it rides better than my 2000 silverado on 22's did (it was also lowered). Deffinetly turns heads!:D
I'd like to see 26's! there is still plenty of fender gap and w/ some mods I'm sure it can be done.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Chrome side vents, mirrors, and rear door pillars then it's time for audio/video... I'm slackin> I like to do all my mods before I take the temp tag off from the dealer but it expired yesterday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need some help, those of you with 22's

I was wondering if it was possible to get you to measure the section height of your 265/35/22 tires. My tire calc says it should be about 3.6".........so if you could measure the length between where the rim ends, and where the tire ends I would really appreciate it. THANKS

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't have 22's but if the sidewall height is what you are looking for I believe you are correct.

Total tire height can not exceed 29.5" so with
22 inch rim that leaves a max or 7.5" divided by 2 = 3.75"
So anything in that area should be fine.

The 29.5 figure is based on the fact that this is the size of the biggest tire that Dodge uses on the R/T. This tire has approx .35" clearance at the rear of the tire at max turn. A slightly larger tire can be added but there is some serious mods to be done.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I want to put 24's on my nitro.

:confused:Hi i want to put 24's on my nitro but not sure if they will fit without having to modify my vehicle in anyway. Also I would like to know if the 24's will cause rubbing that will cause damage to my nitro. Please help...

·
Registered
110 Posts
The largest rims that I have heard of on a Nitro with any success are 22's. There are a few that have gone with 24's but the ride was horrible due to the lack of sidewall.

The largest diameter tire that will fit on the front of a Nitro without hitting the inner wheel well is 29 1/2" that is the approximate size of the stock R/T tires. Any larger and they hit a pinch weld that is behind the wheelwell plastics only by about 1/4".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wheel Upgrade

Can you help me with what seems to be impossible to answer.....?

I am trying to source some 22inch wheels and the suppliers I have been using can't be bothered to check if anything will fit! Charming considering I am going to spend approx £1500 with them! so, does anyone know if this is possible and if so what manufacturer makes the wheels?

Thanks in advance, oh and this is for a Dodge Nitro.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can't help you with the manufacturers but I can tell you that there are plenty of Nitro's running on 22's. The only problem I can see is the tire size. You need to keep it to a total hight of about 29 1/2 inches or you will hit the pinch weld that is behind the front inner fender.

·
Registered
10 Posts
wow looks wonderful really stylin. I bet they cost you a few pennies Your nitro looks pimped (thats what my kids say)>>>> I think thats all you really need to make it your own. Nice touch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
24" wheels

Are any members here who has 24" wheels on dodge nitro? I am interesting in buying new ones, and would be nice if i could see how 24" woul fit on nitro, or is it too much :)

61 - 80 of 119 Posts
About this Discussion
118 Replies
47 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing