Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my 2011. Dash lights (gauges) are bright enough in the dark, but are really Dim in the daytime. I used the adjustment on the left steering wheel stalk, but all it seems to do is affect the lights at night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Just bought my 2011. Dash lights (gauges) are bright enough in the dark, but are really Dim in the daytime. I used the adjustment on the left steering wheel stalk, but all it seems to do is affect the lights at night. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Welcome Frank

Not sure what your issue is and have not seen another post like yours.

I can tell you that Dodge Nitro have crazy issues when their batteries are over 3 years old. What do your headlights look at night? Are they bright?

Years ago I worked nights and drove a Chevrolet El Camino 70 miles in the dark each day. I remember that the dash lights became dimmer and finally the radio became garbled. Did not realize that the headlamps were dim too. It was the battery!

Most auto parts stores will check your battery for free. Could be your battery terminals need to be cleaned. If you do this it will reset your Nitro computer too.

Here is a THREAD Dodge Nitro :Battery issues? just in case.

I guess it could be a defective light switch, but I doubt it. I replaced mine and it was not difficult and not expensive.
Replacing Dodge Nitro Multi-Function Light Switch

What else is not working on your Nitro? Maybe that would be helpful. Good Luck!

Let us know....

Also check out our Dodge Nitro Owners Help Info

see instrument cluster.pdf -​-​ 413k

Maybe the answer to your issue is there

Owners Manual 2011 Dodge Nitro

UNDERSTANDING THE FEATURES OF YOUR VEHICLE 155

Interior Lights
The overhead light comes on when a door is opened. Itmay also be turned on by rotating the control for the dimmer switch on the multifunction lever fully upward.The overhead light will automatically turn off in approximately 10 minutes if a door is left open or the dimmer control is left in the dome light position and the key is notin the ignition. Turn the ignition switch ON to restore the overhead light operation.

Daytime Brightness Feature Certain instrument panel components (odometer, radio display) can be illuminated at full brightness during the daytime. This can be helpful when driving with your headlights on during the daytime, such as in a parade ora funeral procession. To activate this feature, rotate the left stalk one detent lower than the dome light.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing