Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Nitro R/T before she decides on her next SUV purchase. Well, we were at the dealership I purchased my Charger R/T from, and asked my salesguy for an update. He said he just got back from a Nitro sales training seminar that was held last week and the announcement from the top was that the Nitro wasn't going to be hitting the floors until December. My wife will still be waiting patiently. Just thought I would spread the wealth.

Griz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
220 Posts
Griz said:
My wife is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Nitro R/T before she decides on her next SUV purchase. Well, we were at the dealership I purchased my Charger R/T from, and asked my salesguy for an update. He said he just got back from a Nitro sales training seminar that was held last week and the announcement from the top was that the Nitro wasn't going to be hitting the floors until December. My wife will still be waiting patiently. Just thought I would spread the wealth.

Griz
Hey Griz, according to this article I posted a couple of days ago, the Toledo UAW chairman stated DCX told him their production plant will begin production of the Nitro on Aug 7th. I can't imagine it taking until December to get them on the showroom floors.... and I haven't seen a salesman yet that had accurate. reliable information about future product. Heck, they have a hard enough time providing accurate info about existing product!

Here's hoping your wife's wait will short :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if he assumed she was asking about the R/T, since he knows that is what she wants. Even the Nitro home page on Dodge's site states the Nitro will be available this fall, with later availability on the R/T. But I agree, salesguys are pretty unreliable when it comes to information.

Griz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
220 Posts
Griz said:
I wonder if he assumed she was asking about the R/T, since he knows that is what she wants. Even the Nitro home page on Dodge's site states the Nitro will be available this fall, with later availability on the R/T. But I agree, salesguys are pretty unreliable when it comes to information.

Griz
Guess we'll just have to wait and see... for now anyway ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just wanted to report back, HEMEE. I confirmed with the sales guy that he is under the impression that all Nitros would not be hitting the floors until December. He explained that they normally get a "90 day release packet" that has all the details of a vehicle three months prior to hitting the sales floors. He has received the 90 day packet for the Jeep Compass (Jeep's version of the Nitro), but not the Nitro. He showed me his book of 90 day packets. But I still agree...we can only wait and see. He has made a mental note to call us as soon as he hears the Nitro hits the sales floor anywhere within 3 hours of us so we can go take an immediate look. My wife is waiting to buy a Jeep Commander until after she knows for a fact she does not like the Nitro R/T.

Griz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on the latest story on the home page, it would appear my salesguy was at least somewhat correct. December for the R/T.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Salesguy called me yesterday and advised they have taken delivery on two of the Jeep Compass', which is Jeep's version of the Nitro. We are going to check them out to see the "spaciousness" of the interior, to get a feel for the layout. Don't like the look of the Compass, but can certainly get a feel for how the interior space will feel. I will report back with my findings once we look at it this weekend.

Griz
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the Compass is a smaller version of the layout when comparing headroom and such. The seat spacing and dash is supposedly the same, though. I have to admit that it looks A LOT better in person. Although the room was good for a smaller SUV, the wife decided she wanted more than what that platform was offering. We took delivery of a 2006 Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary this evening. Good luck to all that wait it out for the Nitro! My salesguy confirmed winter before the R/T hits the floors.

Griz
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
220 Posts
Griz said:
Well, the Compass is a smaller version of the layout when comparing headroom and such. The seat spacing and dash is supposedly the same, though. I have to admit that it looks A LOT better in person. Although the room was good for a smaller SUV, the wife decided she wanted more than what that platform was offering. We took delivery of a 2006 Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary this evening. Good luck to all that wait it out for the Nitro! My salesguy confirmed winter before the R/T hits the floors.

Griz
Hey, congrats on the Commander Griz!
Be sure to join us at our Commander sister site www.jeepcommander.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Griz said:
I wonder if he assumed she was asking about the R/T, since he knows that is what she wants. Even the Nitro home page on Dodge's site states the Nitro will be available this fall, with later availability on the R/T. But I agree, salesguys are pretty unreliable when it comes to information.

Griz
I'm a dodge sales guy and I resemble, ah, I mean resent your remarks! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Griz said:
Well, the Compass is a smaller version of the layout when comparing headroom and such. The seat spacing and dash is supposedly the same, though. I have to admit that it looks A LOT better in person. Although the room was good for a smaller SUV, the wife decided she wanted more than what that platform was offering. We took delivery of a 2006 Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary this evening. Good luck to all that wait it out for the Nitro! My salesguy confirmed winter before the R/T hits the floors.

Griz
FYI... The Jeep Compass is based on the Dodge Caliber platform which is a "compact car". The Dodge Nitro, on the other hand is based on the Jeep Liberty and is actually slightly longer and wider than it, so should be considerably larger than the Compass. Good luck with the Commander, just wanted to make sure nobody else was misled.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top