Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Date the Nitro hits the sales floors...

8K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  walt9732 
Griz said:
My wife is anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Nitro R/T before she decides on her next SUV purchase. Well, we were at the dealership I purchased my Charger R/T from, and asked my salesguy for an update. He said he just got back from a Nitro sales training seminar that was held last week and the announcement from the top was that the Nitro wasn't going to be hitting the floors until December. My wife will still be waiting patiently. Just thought I would spread the wealth.

Griz
Hey Griz, according to this article I posted a couple of days ago, the Toledo UAW chairman stated DCX told him their production plant will begin production of the Nitro on Aug 7th. I can't imagine it taking until December to get them on the showroom floors.... and I haven't seen a salesman yet that had accurate. reliable information about future product. Heck, they have a hard enough time providing accurate info about existing product!

Here's hoping your wife's wait will short :)

Griz said:
I wonder if he assumed she was asking about the R/T, since he knows that is what she wants. Even the Nitro home page on Dodge's site states the Nitro will be available this fall, with later availability on the R/T. But I agree, salesguys are pretty unreliable when it comes to information.

Griz
Guess we'll just have to wait and see... for now anyway ;)

Griz said:
Well, the Compass is a smaller version of the layout when comparing headroom and such. The seat spacing and dash is supposedly the same, though. I have to admit that it looks A LOT better in person. Although the room was good for a smaller SUV, the wife decided she wanted more than what that platform was offering. We took delivery of a 2006 Jeep Commander 65th Anniversary this evening. Good luck to all that wait it out for the Nitro! My salesguy confirmed winter before the R/T hits the floors.

Griz
Hey, congrats on the Commander Griz!
Be sure to join us at our Commander sister site www.jeepcommander.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.