Wr Secret Weapon Ram Air Intake

Hi my name is Keith from ENGLAND
My ride is a 2009 black nitro 2.8 CRD

Question: As anybody bought one of these and if so any help as to fitting it,
the instructions are rubbish.

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
Last friday my Nitro arrived at Spain. Now it's at customs waiting travel to dealer.
Great News. Hope all it's paperwork (passport) is in order! Ha Ha

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi from italy!

hello everybody,

i am a new nitro owner. Actually i am still waiting for it (just bought it) but i am very curious about all the possible modifications you guys already experimented :D

Mine is a SXT 2.8 CRD (which i guess its the same of SLT model in the US)

cheers
Claudio

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
hello everybody,

i am a new nitro owner. Actually i am still waiting for it (just bought it) but i am very curious about all the possible modifications you guys already experimented :D

Mine is a SXT 2.8 CRD (which i guess its the same of SLT model in the US)

cheers
Claudio
Welcome Claudio! Let us know when you receive your new NITRO and check back to see what we are doing next.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Turbo Oil Leak ?!

I decided to have a good look around the engine bay of my 2.8 CRD Nitro the other day as I'd pretty much proven that the service department that i pay an exorbitant amount of $$$ to do my servicing fail to do this. (they failed to notice that they'd forgotten to replace the transmission filler cap a couple of services ago!!!!! incompetent!!!)
So the turbo compressor has oil weeping from the intake hose (wierd coz there should be a vacuum there? or at most just some ram air pressure).
I took the inlet & outlet hoses off & found an oily film inside the outlet hose, and a small pool of oil just inside the compressor inlet (where the hose & clamp go on) (i'll try and attach a pic)
At first i was worried it was leaking inside the turbo, a local mechanic who owns an identical nitro (and refuses to take it to dodge for service) told me it's normal for a bit of oil to be there because it sucks from the "rocker cover" and i should check the PCV valve.
When i got home i checked my cd-rom shop manual, no pcv valve but there is an "oil separator" so i'll need to check this.
Any one know 1, how much oil should be in the turbo inlet and 2 how to check the oil separator ? (manual only says how to install & remove)
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
New old Nitro from Germany

Hello to all!

I have just entered this Forum and sure I have to introduce myself a little bit.

Short Statistical Data of Mine:
Male, happily married since more than 20 Years, 2 Children leaving Home in a short While, 3 Poodles (not only Dogs but Poodles ;) ) and a Model Railway as a Hobby. Working in Automotive Industry for more than 20 Years, now in Steel and Tube Business, always in Quality and Processes.

More important: the Ride's Data
a Black Nitro, European SE-Model, mfg Date Juin 2007, now nearly 80000km (around 50,000 Miles), first km have been horrible with some Recalls and Service Actions and a Dozen of Warranty Cases. The worst Car I ever drove. But since all the Issues have been fixed (after first 30000km) the Truck is just running. Brings us into Holidays and back, to Work and back, to Supermarkets and back, to Parties and back, ... :) and even after more than 3 Years of Riding it spends Fun and turns others Necks :eek: Yeah, I like this Truck!

Hopefully I am able to give some Support in this Forum, and I will be supported if I need some Help.

Oops, I should not forget to show you a Picture of my Car (here without Day Running Lights):

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
Welcome and yes we just don't know how to assist Nitro Diesel Owner Members since they are not available here. Sure you can help other Diesel owners. THANKS!

Great Pictures

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome. Can you give me some information on your wheels and the DRLs? Your DRL's appear to be a replacement for our fog lamps. Is the ring chrome or actually a lighted halo ring? Lucky you - you have direct access to StarTech! Thanks for reading. :cool:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Actually Rick, I think Heini could teach us about diesels. Rudolf Diesel was German. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for your warm Welcome!

And sure, there is some Experience with Diesel :)
But first of all: The Engine did not make any Troubles until today, but I know about some Troubles like Leaking Fuel Hoses...
In Germany, we have around 80% Nitro with Diesel.

---

Hello, dhh3, to your Questions,

the Wheels are 16" Rims from Ronal Type "J48 frontkopiert". I am using them only for my Summer Pneus, in Winter I am using the serial Steel Rims. The Tires are in original Size 235/70R16. You can find the Wheels on www ronal de

The DRL are mounted with additional Chrome Rings from Vmaxx. Unfortunately I do not know the manufacturer. Here is a Picture without shining lights

They have not been a Replacement for Fog Lights, the european SE has only got some Holes there... (you can see in the Picture above in my first Post).

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thank you for the update. Take care of Greece for us.!!!!!!!
:cool:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dhh3,

I have forgotten a little but important Detail:
Please do not order the Chrome Rings at Vmaxx without looking for this:
The Holes in the Bumpers have got different Diameters in Europe and in US-Version. The Holes in European SE-Bumpers (the ones without Fog-Lamps) have got a bigger Diameter!
Maybe there is also a Difference in SLT/SXT and R/T-Bumpers. Maybe... I don't know.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Dhh3,

I have forgotten a little but important Detail:
Please do not order the Chrome Rings at Vmaxx without looking for this:
The Holes in the Bumpers have got different Diameters in Europe and in US-Version. The Holes in European SE-Bumpers (the ones without Fog-Lamps) have got a bigger Diameter!
Maybe there is also a Difference in SLT/SXT and R/T-Bumpers. Maybe... I don't know.
Thank you for the update. I will check to see if the rings will work on the US bumper. I like the look of your bumper - more aggressive than ours.
:cool:

21 - 40 of 133 Posts