Dodge Nitro Forum banner

61 - 80 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Greetings from Austria

I'm member of this forum since May 2011, but it seems like I've never properly introduced myself.

I'm Alex from Linz in the heart of Austria. I'm Dodge Nitro (2.8l CRD) and Jeep CJ7 (4.2l) owner and I run my own multimedia agency and filmproduction company Visual Kings Media which I founded in 2001. My company produced Europe's first webtv crime-show Paradise Island shot on location in Mexico, featuring some cool Jeep CJs.

I'm really satisfied with my modern blue Nitro. It's my daily business car. Guess I will stay with it till I buy a new Dodge Durango in a few years. What Fiat does to the Jeep and Dodge brand is crazy. I will never understand why they killed the Nitro in late 2011 and removed the RAM head from their new models.

Fiat will never understand the testosterone injected Dodge brand. Since Fiat is in command they completely removed Dodge from Europe. 3 Jeep models and a few renamed Dodge/Chrysler cars under the Fiat/Lancia brand is all that is left from the Chrysler Group in Europe.

Here is my Dodge Nitro:
http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f7/dodge-nitro-sxt-2-8l-crd-modern-blue-6884/

Would be great if you could follow my social media sites:
Visual Kings | Facebook Site
Visual Kings | Google+ Site
Visual Kings | YouTube Channel

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Hi, Alex.

This ones for you!

Austria is my second choice for a place to live. You know the code on the plate:
"W" and the red Badge: Wien (Vienna)
"HU 14" - my Indiana plate: "HU" - Huntington University, 14 next number in succession.

Have a great day, and thanks for posting.

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
UK parts request

Does anyone have the following items for sale?

Rear seat centre headrest
Rear load compartment cover

The car is a 2008 Nitro 2.8 diesel auto in red.

Many thanks
Tom

·
Registered
1 Posts
2.8L CRD Dodge Nitro - Exhaust and CAI??

Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone as a new member to this forum. I look forward to conversing on many occassions over a broad spectrum of topics...

My Nitro is fairly standard at this stage. I am in the process of awaiting the arrival of the Diesel Power module from Turbotech.com.au. Below are the predicted variances.

Stock 130 KW 177 HP 460 Nm
Diesel Power 153 KW 208 HP 542 Nm

What I am seeking from the knowledge base on this forum is advice for an exhaust system and CAI for my 2008 Dodge Nitro 2.8L CRD.

I am open to suggestions and look forward to your responses and the subsequent thread chain.

Thanks in advance.

Mick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not a lot of feedback on here by the looks of things, I'd like to know what you know....:)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Firstly I would like to say hi to everyone as a new member to this forum. I look forward to conversing on many occassions over a broad spectrum of topics...

My Nitro is fairly standard at this stage. I am in the process of awaiting the arrival of the Diesel Power module from Turbotech.com.au. Below are the predicted variances.

Stock 130 KW 177 HP 460 Nm
Diesel Power 153 KW 208 HP 542 Nm

What I am seeking from the knowledge base on this forum is advice for an exhaust system and CAI for my 2008 Dodge Nitro 2.8L CRD.

I am open to suggestions and look forward to your responses and the subsequent thread chain.

Thanks in advance.

Mick
Welcome to the forum. The CRD was never offered as an option here in the states, so I can't really be of any help. If the CRD was an option here, I'd have one! Good luck in your search!

:cool:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Not a lot of feedback on here by the looks of things, I'd like to know what you know....:)

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Welcome to the forum. No, sad to say, there is not a lot of feedback here, since production of the Nitro stopped last December.

·
Registered
4 Posts
new Nitro by Fast95 to France

Nickname: Fast95

Name: Florian

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Vehicle owned or order? : owned
If in command, scheduled for when? :

If possessed, since when? : 8 July 2012

Model: Dodge Nitro R / T 4x4 2.8 CRD BA

Options: pack dvd GPS, 20 "rims, TOE

Colors: Black
Exterior: Black
Interior: dark gray, black seats

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------

Region / Area: Oise (60) France

Interests: pc, auto, Model 1/8TT,

Is it a car (yes / no): no

Older vehicles owned:

Clio 1.9d
Peugeot 406 2.0 Turbo
Bmw 318i Cab
Peugeot 406 2.0 Turbo (the 2nd)

Other car currently in possession:

Favorite car among all those possessed except the current: 406

The replacement: Dodge Charger if finance permits
Scheduled for replacement when ...

Your dream car: Hummer H2, Lamborghini

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful picture. I wish that the CRD was offered in the States!

·
Registered
2 Posts
09 2.8 diesel mods

HI guys hope everyones doing good new to this site ,know this topics been handled before but just got few engine mod questions from what ive read on previous posts .AS far as engine & exhaust mods go has anyone actually fitted a FOX exhaust system yet from GERMANY ,also looked at engine map suggested from CELTIC TUNING their power figure gains are biggest ive read so far for a diesel has anyone used them ?and lastly will i have to worry about strain on my TURBO if i boost power as been suggested ? look forward to your help.CHEERS

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The CRD was never an option here in the States, so I can offer you no help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CELTIC tuning say the power gain from their kit takes NITRO to 225 bhp & costs £295 all in thats biggest gains ive seen anyone come up with for their kit. GUESS alot will depend on which exhaust i fit first .

·
Registered
16 Posts
Australian Member

Hi. My name is Geoff and I live in Sydney.

I have just brought a 2009 Nitro S-XR 4 by 4.

This may be just an Australian model as only 100 were made , Its an upgrade of the S-XT

It's the 2.8 Diesel turbo.

I want it to tow my new camping trailer that's on the way.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Is your hitch the US standard or the EU standard? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I really do not know . It is called a treg hitch here. It's a polypoly block with about a 1 inch hole in the centre. bar passes from tow bar through hole and then a cross cross bar locks it in

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
treg hitch - Bing Images

Some nice looking trailer tents here.
Thanks for the link. I am not familiar with this type of hitch, so I can not comment on the load ratings. The CRD was never offered in the States because it was not certified in all 50 states. So, I can not comment on the tow rating of the Nitro with the CRD. It appears that I have struck out twice!

61 - 80 of 133 Posts