Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to forum. I’ve an 08 Nitro from almost new and still love it. I’ve had a few issues over the years like injectors, self adjusting handbrake etc but overall she’s been very good to me. A new issue has emerged and its got me scratching my head and I’m hoping someone may be able to help. The 3 dials for the fan speed, temperature control and vent controls, the temperature (middle) and vent control (right) are not functioning anymore, the small lights don’t come on once pressed, the temperature doesn’t change anymore and the motor you hear when changing vent controls doesn’t make a sound anymore (vents are stuck on feet setting). The fan controller seems to work fine but no light once pressed. Ive checked the fuses I thought might relate to this area, they seem fine (I think) and I’ve just received and installed another full control panel with the 3 dials and circuitry behind and still nothing.ive also disconnected the battery for ten minutes just in case that might reset things, but still nothing. I’m at a loss now what to try next and I’m hoping some guidance on here might help? Please please help as winter is looming. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
23,223 Posts
Hi, new to forum. I’ve an 08 Nitro from almost new and still love it. I’ve had a few issues over the years like injectors, self adjusting handbrake etc but overall she’s been very good to me. A new issue has emerged and its got me scratching my head and I’m hoping someone may be able to help. The 3 dials for the fan speed, temperature control and vent controls, the temperature (middle) and vent control (right) are not functioning anymore, the small lights don’t come on once pressed, the temperature doesn’t change anymore and the motor you hear when changing vent controls doesn’t make a sound anymore (vents are stuck on feet setting). The fan controller seems to work fine but no light once pressed. Ive checked the fuses I thought might relate to this area, they seem fine (I think) and I’ve just received and installed another full control panel with the 3 dials and circuitry behind and still nothing.Ive also disconnected the battery for ten minutes just in case that might reset things, but still nothing. I’m at a loss now what to try next and I’m hoping some guidance on here might help? Please please help as winter is looming. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Have you checked out the THREAD (click below)

Dodge Nitro: Air Conditioning Issues[

I see that there are Error Codes that might help to determine what the issue is. Have you checked to see if your Nitro show any? Good Luck and Welcome!

·
Super Moderator
23,223 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Rickaren, thanks for replying. Apologies for lack of knowledge but to obtain an error code, will I need to purchase some form of code reader? I’ve briefly checked out eBay for a reader, would something from there be adequate? Can you recommend one? (User friendly). Thank you for sending through the list of code faults.

·
Super Moderator
23,223 Posts
Hi Rickaren, thanks for replying. Apologies for lack of knowledge but to obtain an error code, will I need to purchase some form of code reader? I’ve briefly checked out eBay for a reader, would something from there be adequate? Can you recommend one? (User friendly). Thank you for sending through the list of code faults.

I have had a Scan Reader for years for my NITRO. Having one is a must these days since a Dealership will charge $100 plus just to use one. They are not expensive and the one I have works great (Innova 3030 OBD2 Code Reader) Since I purchased mine way back in 2009 you might want to see what is newer in [email protected] readers.

We have a whole THREAD on Code Readers and Codes so check that out too! Good Luck!

Nitro THREAD

Dodge Nitro: Engine Problems / Code Errors

1 - 5 of 5 Posts