Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! After Market AMP instal & Firewall Access

Hi everbody

I just got a 07 Nitro, i want to instal my audio system, I have a few questions on this.

1 Where is the firewall access on the Nitro, so i can run my power wire, any descriptions or pictures will be great,

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
110 Posts
There is only one plug that I have found. It is on the drivers side. If you look from under the dash you will see it to the right of the brake. It is about 2 1/2" in diameter. I pulled the plug out and drilled a hole in it then sealed it with silicone for mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
DVD deck installation

I have a DVD deck, an amplifier, and a sub woofer. I took my Nitro to Best Buy to set up an installation appointment. I was expecting to pay around $300, which includes the wiring kit. I was a little surprised that apparently I need a special wiring harness for Chrysler vehicles which costs $150. I asked what the purpose of this thing was and why I need it, and he tells me it's because if Chrysler needs to run a diagnostic check on my Nitro, and I don't have it, they won't be able to do it without this $150 harness. My question is do I really NEED this harness or will another one do?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've figured it out with some help. I do need the harness that Best Buy recommended. What I don't need is to pay $150! I ordered the part through Ebay for $84.00. The part number is CHTO-03. If you didn't opt for premium souind in your Nitro the part number is XSVI6652 I beleive.

·
Super Moderator
23,433 Posts
Sirius, XM Say Existing Radios Are Merger-Proof

I've been wondering whether the satellite radios owned by current subscribers to XM and Sirius will work with all aspects of the combination service that would result from the proposed merger between the two companies.

Today brought official answers from both companies. XM stated, "existing radios would ultimately be able to receive a mix of programming from both services," while Sirius issued a "guarantee to its more than 12 million listeners that existing radios will not become obsolete if the merger is approved." When I asked a Sirius representative about this issue a few days ago, I received a similar response, which was helpful, but also didn't totally answer the question.

XM and Sirius plan to combine their channel line-ups to provide increased variety to their customers, but I don't think existing subscribers will actually get more channels, unless there's unused bandwidth on both services as things stand now. In order for the channel count to increase, XM satellites would have to be capable of reaching Sirius radios, and vice versa (which might be the case). Otherwise, they'd only be able to increase the number of channels by providing a different selection of channels on each set of satellites.

Part of XM's statement reads, "in the future, we will be able to offer the best of both companies' programming," indicating that subscribers with pre-merger radios would get something like their existing service with some percentage of them replaced by a selection from the other company's line-up.

While it's certainly true that giving subscribers access to the best of both services would represent an improvement over the existing services, it's possible that only subscribers with new radios would have access to the full channel line-up of the combined service. Alternatively, the only other option, the way I understand it, is that each service would have to lose about half its channels. I sent Sirius and XM links to this item, and will post an update if I hear more about this.

Article Link:Sirius, XM Say Existing Radios Are Merger-Proof | Listening Post from Wired.com

·
Registered
3 Posts
Coins in CD Player

Ok, I was cleaning the back of nitro and let my 3-yr old sit in the front of the car. Then I see him stuffing coins into the cd player, I think there is at least one or two in there. The CD player works most of the time, but every now and then it jams up with a disc error message.

Is there an easy solutuion to pop out the CD player and get the coins out of my beloved Nitro with barely 3000 milles on it prior to putting my son on ebay and seeing what I can get for him?

Its an sxt model in the UK with the standard CD player.

PS, why no diesel option in N America????

Thanks

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
That definitely sucks!

See if you can locate the three letter sales code of your radio and find a new one on ebay for a decent price.

Bragging about your diesels you have over there ? Lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
That definitely sucks!

See if you can locate the three letter sales code of your radio and find a new one on ebay for a decent price.

Bragging about your diesels you have over there ? Lol
Thanks for ther reply. Any idea where I can find a manual that guides me how to get the CD player out?

No not bragging, just curious. I can't understand why the nitros are made in N America with a diesel for export only but that option is not available for domestic sale in N America, there must be a logical explanation.

:)

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Strokedodger.
The love of the petrol engine is still going strong over here.
The Grand Cherokee has the Merc diesel option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Strokedodger.
The love of the petrol engine is still going strong over here.
The Grand Cherokee has the Merc diesel option.
figured out the diesel issue, sulpher too high in diesel engine in Europe to meet California standards, can be done to lower it but apperently costs a bomb. Too bad

·
Registered
17 Posts
MyGIG REZ –*Spare VR Button?

Hi guys,

I had my REZ installed today and the guy who did it scratched one of the buttons... I'm sick of dealing with people who really don't care about the car or details. Is there anyway to get a new VR button? And can they click in and out easily? Or am I pretty much screwed here?

Thanks!
Tom

·
Super Moderator
23,433 Posts
WOW Tom can't you get a break! Anyway did find this

Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep button/knob (1998+ oval style radio)
[CKB98up]

$12.50
Free Shipping in the Continental US via standard ground service

If you're in need of a knob or button for a Chrysler radio such as the one pictured, you've come to the right place. Simply include a note with your payment (in the comments section) that indicates which knob/button you need. This is for ONE knob or button. If you need three or more you can give us a call for a potential quantity discount.

Please indicate your 3-digit radio code below. It is found on the face of your radio. It is also helpful if you include the year, make and model of the vehicle, as well as the radio type (am/fm/cd, am/fm/cd/cass, etc) in the order comments. (This listing is not applicable for navigation radios.)

Please note that we can no longer get the original fade and balance knobs for the RBP, RBQ and RBU radios. If you order one of these knobs for one of those three radios, the one you receive will have a tiny white dot in the centered position instead of being all black. They are also a slightly different shape but they work perfectly and don't look out of place. However, since they are different you will want to order a quantity of two or it would look out of place.
Might be worth a call and $12.50 if they had it. Good Luck!

LINK: Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep - Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep button/knob (1998+ oval style radio)

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,433 Posts
I would call the Company from the Link above. They are in the business and should know about everything on OEM car radios and repair/replacement parts.

Phone
877-479-1633
(Toll Free)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sirius Issue

Since I have had my '07 Nitro I've noticed that almost every time I go under an overpass the Sirius would go out 1-2 seconds after clearing it. I mentioned this to the dealer with no luck. I just assumed this was a downfall of satellite radio. My fiancee recently bought an '11 Highlander and his XM never goes out. Can someone please shed some light on this hopefully?

·
Super Moderator
23,433 Posts
Since I have had my '07 Nitro I've noticed that almost every time I go under an overpass the Sirius would go out 1-2 seconds after clearing it. I mentioned this to the dealer with no luck. I just assumed this was a downfall of satellite radio. My fiancee recently bought an '11 Highlander and his XM never goes out. Can someone please shed some light on this hopefully?
I believe it is just improved technology. You are comparing 2007 to 2011. My Wife's 2010 Ford Taurus Limited doesn't fade as to the same places my 2007 Nitro does. She doesn't understand it either. Maybe a better antenna system? For me it's no big deal and if you would want to try another antenna, you must drop the headliner on the Nitro to access the mount. Don't know that there has been any updating to the newer year Nitros, but that could be a solution, if there has been. Sorry

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
My 11 Nitro does this, as did my 06 Commander. You have to understand how the receiver works. You are not listening to a "live" signal, but a signal with a slight delay. That is why you continue to hear sound when you are under the obstruction, depending on how big it is, and then the signal is gone for a second or two after you pass the obstruction. This dead time is the time it takes to reload the signal. This may be a trait with only the receivers built for Mopar. The receiver for my Jeep was a separate unit, mounted under the rear passenger seat. The receiver for the Nitro is built into the radio. I believe Chrysler changed this model year 08, at least with the Commander. The receivers may be made by the same company, but I'm not sure on this point either. Hope this helps. :cool:

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Thank you guys for all your help. I will look into it some more and see how I want to proceed. Thanks again!
If you decide on a different antenna, let us know how it works. Thanks. :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts