41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Standard OEM fitments (Dodge Nitro Wheel Size and Offset):
  • 225/75 R16 7.0Jx16 ET37 5x114.3
  • 235/65 R17 7.5Jx17 ET37 5x114.3
  • 245/50 R20 8.0Jx20 ET37 5x114.3
So, based on what I have fitted, rim size 8 x 20" with ET37 and 255/50/20 tyres, you can run the following tyres without any issues:
  • 265/60/17
  • 265/65/17
Note: One thing you need to check is, if a 265 tyre will fit properly on a 7.5" rim.

Disclaimer: The info. provided is purely based on the fact that others have run a 265 tyres without issues, visual inspection of the clearance on my vehicle and the use of the tyre calculators.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tyre width

Hi All
Help needed
I want to put staggered wheels on my ride. Does any one now the largest width I can go to on the back. I was hoping for 9 inch width wheel on the front & 10.5 on the back, 22 inch diameter.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Hi All
Help needed
I want to put staggered wheels on my ride. Does any one now the largest width I can go to on the back. I was hoping for 9 inch width wheel on the front & 10.5 on the back, 22 inch diameter.
Guess you have checked this Thread out already as well as several others. Bigger and Wider may not always be better.
I would suggest you take your Nitro to a reliable tire shop and ask them for suggestions. Maybe they could try and fit several tires and wheels to see if they fit w/o other modifications? Let us know what you end-up with. THANKS!

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro Tires

Dodge Nitro Tires

These are the oversize Tires that DHH3 states will work great on a Nitro and I'm going to check them out when I replace mine, or at least THIS size!

Dueler H/L Alenza Plus
Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season

Details & Pricing

Size: 255/50R20
Sidewall Style: Blackwall
Load Range: XL
Serv. Desc: 109V
UTQG: 800 A A

Qty: Per Tire:

$198.86
Availability: In Stock

$
Set of 4:
Free Road Hazard Protection
($62.32 value. Exclusions apply.)

SOURCE

The Dueler H/L Alenza Plus is Bridgestone's Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season light truck tire developed for the drivers of premium crossovers and sport utility vehicles, as well as light-duty pickups. Designed to provide elegance with an edge, Dueler H/L Alenza Plus tires deliver long wear, enhance fuel efficiency and year-round traction, even in light snow.

Featuring a symmetric tread pattern, the Dueler H/L Alenza Plus has been ride and noise tuned to enhance comfort. Notched shoulder blocks and a continuous center rib boost responsiveness and highway stability, while wide circumferential grooves, lateral notches and sipes help increase foul weather traction. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced with spirally wound nylon (for H-, V- and W-speed rated sizes) to provide support under the tread area, while polyester cords stabilize the sidewalls and enhance ride quality.

NOTE: While Crossover/SUV Touring All-Season light truck tires offer all-season versatility including traction in light snow, tire sizes featuring extremely wide tread widths may limit the traction this type of tire can provide in deep snow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well, that's one of the most major things which beginners don't get at all. At factory socket or at by default drum you can't place more than 17". You must have to do a bit of alteration in that stuff if you are planning on high wheels.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Thanks Unsdog2005 for your post and pictures!

What did you have to do to get the lift and fit?

I have a R/T with 20" tires and someday plan to try 255/50R20 (109V XL) Nitro tires. Have seen that this over size will work without any lift.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
WOW!

Looks like a monster. Great Picture

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
DODGE NITRO ON 28's

Published on Aug 14, 2017

Nitro 28 INCH WHEELS

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, so after measuring, dry fitting and range of motion test the biggest TIRE you can fit on a nitro is P305/45 R20. WHEEL size 20 x 10w with a negative offset of 30-35mm wheel spacers of 1/2" are required. Hole pattern is 5-114.3 for both the rims and the spacers. I hope this was helpful! These test were done on a 07 Nitro SLT.. no lift

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
About this Discussion
55 Replies
34 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing