Discussion Starter · #22 ·
2011 Dodge Nitro Detonator Spark Plugs

Apr 7, 2018
Changing out Spark Plugs on a 2011 Dodge Nitro Detonator 4.0

·
Super Moderator
26,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I took my 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T (4.0 engine) to my Dealer with a bad engine miss (PO 302) expecting an expensive repair to replace injectors, coil pack and plugs. I was surprised. Tech swapped plugs and coils and found a bad plug in #2 cylinder that followed to the moved cylinder and recommended a tuneup only. The labor was $260 and plugs were $66.90 (#11.15 each)

Yes these MOPAR plugs SZFR5LP13G can be found on Amazon for less but comments may be important.

Azure Font Circle Symbol Electric blue

Mopar SZFR5LP13G Spark Plug

Mopar spark plugs come pre-gapped.

Don't order anything but exactly came in your car. Mopars are very temperamental and will cause misfires and check engine lights if other plugs are used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NOTE

Changing Nitro Plugs 4.0L

I have attempted in separating "Changing Nitro Plugs 3.7 & 4.0L" into two THREADS. One for each engine type, since there are differences mainly the requirement of removing the intake manifold on the 4.0L (R/T) engine to end any confusion. I did not remove the posts concerning the 4.0 engine from the original thread but did mark them in RED.

Hopefully this will help.
i just did the plugs in a2011 4,0 I left the seven manifold in the manifold Ibacked them so they threaded into the manifold I also did not remove the throttle body frome the manifold

21 - 24 of 24 Posts