Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume to change the brake lights, you need to pop out the two fasteners on the tail llight assembly and from that point it is pretty obvious?
I'm a little concerened about putting the fasteners back in. Is there any secret to getting them back in?
I have a bad brake light.
jim

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
I assume to change the brake lights, you need to pop out the two fasteners on the tail llight assembly and from that point it is pretty obvious?
I'm a little concerened about putting the fasteners back in. Is there any secret to getting them back in?
I have a bad brake light.
jim
No you should have no issues. I thought the same thing when I removed mine to install accessory chrome lens trim. Good Luck and thanks for your Post. I would recommend you look at your owner's manual's instructions if you have not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i worked on it tonight. I firued I could get apart but was worried about the fasteners. I found thru the web that the fasteners stretch out to help in putting them back in and that helped putting it back together.

The problem though wasn't fixed.
When I step on the brake, my right tail light asembly lights up on the top light and the middle light.
The left side the middle light does not light up.
This is with the headlight off and just stepping on the brake.

I looked at the bulb int he second position and it loked fine.
I replaced it with a new one and it didnt like up still.
I replaced the middle one with the top light bulb that original worked would not work in the middle position.

Is there any obvious things Im missing that might cause the middle bulb on one side to not light up?

A few months ago, my wife backed the right side tail light assembly into a pole and it had to be replaced. I doubt that would have anything to do with the left side, but I thought Id mention it.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Well i worked on it tonight. I firued I could get apart but was worried about the fasteners. I found thru the web that the fasteners stretch out to help in putting them back in and that helped putting it back together.

The problem though wasn't fixed.
When I step on the brake, my right tail light asembly lights up on the top light and the middle light.
The left side the middle light does not light up.
This is with the headlight off and just stepping on the brake.

I looked at the bulb int he second position and it loked fine.
I replaced it with a new one and it didnt like up still.
I replaced the middle one with the top light bulb that original worked would not work in the middle position.

Is there any obvious things Im missing that might cause the middle bulb on one side to not light up?

A few months ago, my wife backed the right side tail light assembly into a pole and it had to be replaced. I doubt that would have anything to do with the left side, but I thought Id mention it.
Several things come to mine. Since someone else worked on your lights before could they have used the wrong bulb in the wrong socket, or have the sockets in the wrong location? I think I would find a helper (Wife?) and a test lamp. Below is a list of the proper bulbs to use @ each location. Also you need to check your fuses for the RIGHT & LEFT REAR LAMPS. Yes M-17 and M18.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
License plate lamp

Hi Rick. I don't suppose you've pulled the licence plate lamp bulb? Just spent 15 minutes twisting and tugging with the tips of both index fingers trying not to break it. Is there a secret?
Regards, John Hopkins

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Hi Rick. I don't suppose you've pulled the licence plate lamp bulb? Just spent 15 minutes twisting and tugging with the tips of both index fingers trying not to break it. Is there a secret?
Regards, John Hopkins
Sure just pulls straight outward, it's a regular type #168 push-in. Buy a couple of new ones and see how it just pushes in and replace both at the same time. Good Luck and it is really simple like everything the second time! Ha Ha

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How to change brake light bulbs 2007 Dodge Nitro

Published on Jun 26, 2014

How to change brake light bulb on 2007 Dodge nitro SLT 4x4

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Replace The Rear Lights On Jeep Liberty Dodge Nitro

Published on Mar 13, 2017
If you have a burned out tail light, brake light, parking, light or reverse light on your Jeep Liberty or Dodge Nitro Mark will show you how to do it the right way and all the tools you need -Note the Jeep has two screws to hold the light in were the Nitro has plastic clips

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How to change / replace Dodge Nitro Tail lights and bulbs

Published on May 23, 2017
Hi, This video will show how to remove replace change install Tail lights and bulbs in Dodge Nitro aka Jeep Liberty. 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 years.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How To Replace Brake Light On Dodge Nitro

Feb 28, 2018
This video will show you how to replace the brake light on a 2008 Dodge Nitro, it will also show you the tools required.

This process will work on 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Break light bulbs in a 2008 Dodge Nitro.

Jul 23, 2019

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How To Replace Parking Bulb in Dodge Nitro || Car Work ||

Sep 29, 2019

1 - 13 of 13 Posts