Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
Please can anyone help, my cigarette lighter socket has no power, I'm not too sure of the location in the fuse box, is it among one of the three listed below or kindly direct me to the location.

M6 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #1/Rain Sensor

M7 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #2(BATT/ACC SELECT)

M36 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #3(BATT)

·
Super Moderator
24,915 Posts
Dodge Nitro: Electrical power outlet

Dodge Nitro: Electrical power outlet

Your vehicle is equipped with a fused 12 Volt (13 Amp) power outlet. This power outlet is located on the instrument panel, below the climate controls. It has power available when the ignition switch is in the ON or ACC position. Insert the cigar lighter or accessory plug into the outlet for use to ensure proper operation. To preserve the heating element, do not hold the lighter in the heating position.

NOTE:

• To ensure proper operation a MOPAR knob and element must be used.
• Do not exceed the maximum power of 160 Watts (13 Amps) at 12 Volts. If the 160 Watt (13 Amp) power rating is exceeded the fuse protecting the system will need to be replaced.

Front Power Outlet

WARNING:
To avoid serious injury or death:
• Only devices designed for use in this type of outlet should be inserted into any 12 Volt outlet.
• Do not touch with wet hands.
• Close the lid when not in use and while driving the vehicle.
• If this outlet is mishandled, it may cause an electric shock and failure.

CAUTION:
• Many accessories that can be plugged in draw power from the vehicle’s battery, even when not in use (i.e., cellular phones, etc.). Eventually, if plugged in long enough, the vehicle’s battery will discharge sufficiently to degrade battery life and/or prevent the engine from starting.
• Accessories that draw higher power (i.e., coolers, vacuum cleaners, lights, etc.) will degrade the battery even more quickly. Only use these intermittently and with greater caution.
• After the use of high power draw accessories, or long periods of the vehicle not being started (with accessories still plugged in), the vehicle must be driven a sufficient length of time to allow the alternator to recharge the vehicle’s battery.
• Power outlets are designed for accessory plugs only. Do not hang any type of accessory or accessory bracket from the plug.

Rear Power Outlet

My 2007 R/T has a rear power outlet too located on the left side in the rear lift gate area. That option or install was removed in later model years.

·
Super Moderator
24,915 Posts
Top 10 Best Power Inverters for Your Car

Top 10 Best Power Inverters for Your Car

USB ports don't put out enough power for bigger accessories, so here are the best power inverters for your car.

Jul 26, 2018

Most new cars on the road today have USB chargers on board, sometimes even several of them throughout the cabin. This is great, as those outlets can charge our smartphones, which comes in very handy.

However, these USB outlets are only good for smartphones and other small electronic devices that consume very little electricity. They’re not built to power larger accessories or even put out enough power to charge a laptop.

Perhaps you work on the road and need a way to charge your laptop, or you like camping but need to hook up your espresso maker for that shot of caffeine each morning, even if you’re out in the woods. Maybe you’re a photographer or videographer who needs to charge a bunch of batteries while out on a job or even a tradesperson who needs to use power tools on the go.

If so, we suggest buying a power inverter. This is an easy way of converting your car’s DC electric power (direct current) into an AC electric power (alternating current), that can be used to power almost any appliance you have at home.

No, you won’t be able to plug a full-size kitchen fridge into your car, because your car simply isn’t built to put out that much electric power, but charging your laptop, watching TV, or drying your hair will not be a problem.

Buying a good power inverter may seem like a straightforward task, but it’s really not that simple. There are several different types of power converters – most of them can be plugged in into your cigarette lighter outlet or 12v accessory socket, but there are solutions that can be plugged directly to the car’s battery or the fuse panel.

In addition to that, most of the power converters produce what is called “modified sine wave”, or an AC electric power that is good for most appliances, like laptops, TVs, power tools etc. However, some appliances will only work with “pure sine wave” AC electric power, that is more stable than “modified sine wave”. These power inverters are more expensive but can work properly with any electric device or appliance. We recommend checking if your device needs pure sine wave AC power before making a purchase.

Here’s a list of the 10 best power inverters for your car. Make sure to read the description and the pros and cons of every power inverter on this list, as you may not need all of the functionalities some of them provide, even though they’ll be higher on the list.

Table of contents

Editor's Pick: KRIËGER 1100 Watt 12V Power Inverter Dual 110V AC Outlets
BESTEK 300W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V
Energizer 3000-Watt Power Inverter
Duracell Pocket Inverter 175
Power TechON 600W Pure Sine Wave Inverter
Rally 7413 200-Watt Power Inverter
Stanley Fatmax PCI140 140W Power Inverter
BESTEK 200W Power Inverter DC 12V to 110V AC
Cobra CPI890 800W Compact Power Inverter
DEWALT DXAEPI1000 Power Inverter

LINK

·
Registered
5 Posts
The M7 fuse can be changed around so the outlet is switched or unswitched with the ignition key. Look for it in the TIPM, under the hood. ;)
[/QUOTE. hello i have a 2007 n lighter went out n my socket in back seat dont work the power plug help.i look at fuses under hood couldn't see no break in fuse

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
Please can anyone help, my cigarette lighter socket has no power, I'm not too sure of the location in the fuse box, is it among one of the three listed below or kindly direct me to the location.

M6 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #1/Rain Sensor

M7 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #2(BATT/ACC SELECT)

M36 20 AmpYellow Power Outlet #3(BATT)
yes me to i need help with 12 volt plug n my lighter in front both not working

·
Registered
5 Posts
I thought this was odd too, but remember the Nitro is anything but a top end vehicle. I think Dodge has skimped just about as much as they can on this thing. No Ashtray, yes, they have the smokers group but all they do is take away a cup holder and give you an insert? WTF. My Hyundai had an ashtray. It also had an auxiliary outlet up front besides the cigarette lighter. The cig lighter was switched with the key but the aux was full time power. Maybe that is it, maybe this really is a cig lighter outlet and there is some rule about being switched. That I don't know.

Very annoying.
mines was charging for 3 months now it stop

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 120VAC cell phone charger which is permanently plugged in. There is a switch for this outlet, does this switching the fuse around also work on the 120VAC receptacle between the from seats? And what's the fuse number?
mines has never work n now my lighter in front want charge my cell any more n i never used the rear one

·
Super Moderator
24,915 Posts
Did you check or replace the fuse?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts