Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I'm hoping you can give me some guidance please.

I currently live in France & I have a 2008 UK registered Nitro . To cut a long story short I need a differential/axle rebuild kit (with seals)

Having spent some time searching on line I can only seem to find one on a couple of US based websites. When I emailed them with my car details/ VIN they were not keen to let me buy one - something to do with compatibility???

I'm really struggling on this - car is off the road with the axle laying on the floor so I'm going nowhere fast right now. Would appreciate any help you can provide

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Hi Stevieo

Have you considered purchasing a complete used rear end assembly from a wrecked Nitro (no rear damage) there in France? Many here in the U.S. would not rebuild a rear end but replace the complete rear end with a used one. Just a thought.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, I had... although finding one here in France is like the proverbial needle in the haystack scenario!!
Cheers for replying

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rear End Noise

Wondering if anyone has had luck fixing the rear end noise heard when you let off the gas. I see many others have had the issue. My mechanic says its common and not worth replacing the whole rear end. Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Welcome Sarah Hampton Beauchamp !

Guess you have already viewed this Link http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f11/rear-axle-noise-diagnosis-7729/#post8546

One way to correct your issue is just turn up your radio! Ha Ha

Seriously have you already change the rear end gear lube? If not Si 80-140 about 2 quarts would do. How about using a high performance product instead, could make a difference?

Genuine Mopar Fluid 4874469 SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Gear and Axle Lubricant - 1 Quart

Max Gear – High Performance Synthetic Gear Oil

Max Gear is available in the following viscosities: 75W-90, 75W-140, 80W-90, 85W-140 and SAE 90

·
Super Moderator
23,452 Posts
Thanks Rick, looks like you and I have the same Nitro. I appreciate your help and we are trying this right away.
Please let us know if you have any resolve with your issue. Good Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts