Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened the driver's door from the inside this morning and the handle snapped off inside the door. I can see the break. Has anyone taken the whole panel off the driver-side door?

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Replace the Inside Door Handle

Sorry John to hear of your issue. It is fairly common problem on Nitros and has been discussed here (couldn't find) and on other Sites since they started production. You can find a replacement handle much cheaper "Online" than by purchasing from a Dealer. Good Luck!

Here are some Links that might help:

(1) How to Replace the Inside Door Handle on the 2007 Dodge Nitro

Read more: How to Replace the Inside Door Handle on the 2007 Dodge Nitro | eHow

(2) [PDF]
Installation Document Here - Mopar Supercenter
www.moparsupercenter.com/pdfs/KICK10.pdf‎
Apr 6, 2007 - PT Cruiser. 2007. Dodge Nitro. 2007. Jeep Wrangler 2 Door/4 Door ... Replace all previously removed parts in reverse order. 9. ... Using a pick tool remove the plastic cover to reveal the screw behind the interior door handle.

(3) http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/how-install-window-glass-6172/

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Collected my new handle from Canpar distribution centre on Friday. Bought from Amazon.com for $28.00, cost all told $44.00 CDN and change, not available from Amazon.ca. Was a beautiful day today so changed it out after work before coming home, thanks for link for the instructions. Instructions to remove the panel don't tell you to look for the plugs over the screws or which side of the plug to lever. Destroyed the plugs by levering in the wrong place. Handle was broken so came out easy enough, but getting the new one in was a struggle. Total time less than 1/2 hour.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Great News and yes they seem not to want any replacement part easy for the owner to install on ANY vehicle these days! Only one-half hour to install and the Dealership charges at least ONE HOUR to do anything. Thanks for your reply. Let us know the part # on those replacement plugs.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
The first time I went to remove my interior door panels was to swap out my speakers to the Mopar/Kicker replacements. The instructions did not state to pull UP on the panel. I pulled out, like any normal door panel. A $300+ mistake! :mad:

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Interior-Passenger-Replacement

This product fits these positions on your 2007 Dodge Nitro:

Front Right Rear Right

Dorman 81633 Dodge Nitro Interior Passenger Side Replacement Door Handle

Direct replacement for a proper fit every time
Replace the handle, not the entire door panel
Color: Satin Chrome
OE#: 68004828AA Right
68004829AA Left

Is there a difference between the drivers side and the passenger side door handle,because I can't seem to get the door handle to fit into the opening

YES!

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Does anybody know if the inside door handles from a jeep liberty, first generation, will fit a Nitro?
From the looks of it I would say they would not exchange. Since you can now purchase a replacement Nitro handle for less than $20 ( a great reduction from years past) I don't see the point of not just purchasing one? See aftermarket Link above from Amazon.

Fits:
2002-2007 Jeep Liberty
2006-2010 Jeep Commander

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How to replace the passenger door handle for a 2007 Dodge Nitro

Mar 28, 2018

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How to remove a dodge nitro door panels

Feb 24, 2018
This is how to remove a dodge nitro door panel for all doors

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Dodge Nitro Door panel removal

Apr 25, 2018
In this video I will show how to remove the rear door panel in 2010 Dodge Nitro. This could be usefull if you want to remove door handle,window motor,switch or regulator.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts