Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Dodge Nitro: Drivers Power Window Switch Issues

116K views 75 replies 28 participants last post by  dodgeowner1492 
#1 ·
NOTE It appears that before ordering a replacement drivers door Nitro master power window switch one should remove the switch that is to be replaced, and see what that switch shows as a part number. Using that info that is the number to order or it's replacement. See what took place with one of our members mkingan purchasing the WRONG switch 12/24/17 post.

Greetings all! I have a quick question for you guys. My 2007 Dodge Nitro locks all the doors when I increase speed past 15km. Handy feature for a family but not so handy for me. In the manual it tells you how to disable it, but apparently you need a higher class model. My old 2004 Neon had a way to disable this, so I can only assume they have a solution for me.

Any ideas?

HELLO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE KNEW HOW TO JUMP THE PASSENGER REAR WINDOW. The driver window mechanism melted while driving to work filling the entire cab with smoke scaring the crap out of me..lol and i was unable to roll the window back up.
THE WIRE COLORS WE HAVE for the passenger back window ARE, ORANGE/WHITE, ORANGE/BLUE, BROWN/BLUE, BROWN/YELLOW, BLACK/BLUE, AND ORANGE/BROWN. NONE SEEM TO BE THE 'HOT'one. does anyone have any ideas..please help

#2 ·
Greetings all! I have a quick question for you guys. My 2007 Dodge Nitro locks all the doors when I increase speed past 15km. Handy feature for a family but not so handy for me. In the manual it tells you how to disable it, but apparently you need a higher class model. My old 2004 Neon had a way to disable this, so I can only assume they have a solution for me.

Any ideas?
Welcome mikeraiwet!

Well I do have a 07 R/T that I can select as per the Owner's Manual. The only thing I can think of is this option can be turned on/off with a "flash" from the Dealer. My Wife had a 95 Chrysler product that she had "flashed" from the Dealer to turn on this option back then. Good question, but I don't have another answer for you at present. Check back later and see if someone else does! Thanks for your post.

#4 ·
Dodge Nitro power window

Ok, so here is the issue. My passenger window will go down, but it wont come up. It doesn't work from either the passenger controls or the driver controls. I took the door apart and removed the regulator. I put juice to it and then reveresed polarity and the regulator works fine in both directions. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I looking at a relay issue?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

#5 ·
Ok, so here is the issue. My passenger window will go down, but it wont come up. It doesn't work from either the passenger controls or the driver controls. I took the door apart and removed the regulator. I put juice to it and then reveresed polarity and the regulator works fine in both directions. Does anyone have any ideas? Am I looking at a relay issue?

Thanks in advance for any responses.
Do you have your window lock button depressed? I know it is simple but that would cause this issue wouldn't it?

#6 ·
Drivers Power Switch Issue, HELP PLZ!

Hey!
my drivers power switch stop working, no power locks, no power mirrors, no power front windows. Just back windows works.
From each door switch expect the drivers, works fine.
:(
I dont know if is the power switch, or the module that is above the drivers speaker (I dont know what this module do)
I need to replace something the thing is I dont know which one?
Please is someone can help me? I will appreciated.
I will attach a photo
power switch part number says: 68039 999 AB
Module says:
DM-FL
TEMIC (made in mexico)
(T) BFXX302802084
(P) 05026809AC

THANKS!!

Attachments

#62 ·
Drivers Power Switch Issue, HELP PLZ!

Hey!
my drivers power switch stop working, no power locks, no power mirrors, no power front windows. Just back windows works.
From each door switch expect the drivers, works fine.
:(
I dont know if is the power switch, or the module that is above the drivers speaker (I dont know what this module do)
I need to replace something the thing is I dont know which one?
Please is someone can help me? I will appreciated.
I will attach a photo
power switch part number says: 68039 999 AB
Module says:
DM-FL
TEMIC (made in mexico)
(T) BFXX302802084
(P) 05026809AC

THANKS!!

#7 ·
Power Windows/Power Mirrors Problem

I have a 2011 Dodge Nitro Shock. The “Drivers Side Control Panel” for the “Front Only Drivers Side and Passengers Side Windows” is intermittent (will not go up or down occasionally). However the Front Passenger Window works properly with the “Passenger Side Control Panel”. Also the “Rear Windows” work properly from the “Drivers Side Control Panel”. Also the “Power Mirrors Control Select Switches L and R” fail at the same time the power windows fail. Taking to dealer for service tomorrow. Suspect problem lies in the drivers side door wiring harness as mentioned in past threads. Will update upon findings from dealer service.

#8 ·
More than likely it is the harness: pinched wire. Also, loose connection. Harness plugs into switches and door jam. Good luck.

:cool:

#9 ·
This is an update to my original post. Before taking to dealer for service, I decided to try one last thing. It was mentioned in previous posts that the "Drivers Side Control Panel" is easy to remove. I applied pressure to both side edges of the plastic panel face and it lifted straight up out of the arm rest (held in place by four pressure clips). Once the contol panel was free of the arm rest, there are two wired plug on type connectors attached to the bottom of the control panel. I decided to try and reseat the connectors by unplugging them and then reconnecting them (in case of a faulty connection due to oxidation on the contacts) and this procedure corrected the problem. I reinstalled the control panel and the windows and mirrors have been operating properly ever since. Only time will tell if this problem will reoccur.

#10 ·
This is a follow up to my original post as the problem has reoccured. Both of the front power windows and power mirrors have again failed (intermittent). I tried reseating the connectors to the "Drivers Side Control Panel" again but this time the problem remained. Returned vehicle to dealer for service under warranty. Problem was corrected by the dealer. The description on the service ticket was described as "Replacement of the right side door control module". Since this was an intermittent type of failure, only time will tell if it is finally fixed.

#11 ·
Thanks for your update(s) MCCOYNUTS. Hope this works and could help others that may now be out-of-warranty with the same issue.

#13 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you had to join under these conditions. If you are trying just to purchase the driver's door master on/off switch, you will not be able to do this. You can only get the whole switch assembly.

You will have to go to your dealer to get this.

#15 ·
power windows not working

dodge nitro...front power window switch stopped working last year. paid $200 to repair. now rear window switch not working. not very happy and don't want to pay $200 every year to fix this. this is only two of 4 windows...what's the deal w/ this? i saw two threads suggesting fixes...hold switches up/down to reset computer and disconnect battery, again, to reset computer. do these fixes work?

#16 ·
Welcome to the forum. The fixes you mentioned are to reset the auto up and down functions of the front windows. I am not sure why your switches keep failing.

#17 ·
Hi, I have the same problem. First my front passenger window doesn't go down from both side controls. Ignored it. Then when I got home I tried to roll down the window and it did. the problem now is that it wont go back up. Can somebody help me in opening the drivers side control panel?

#18 ·
If you mean the switch panel, just pry it up with a panel removal tool, or a slim screwdriver. Friction holds it in place. Once you have the switch panel away from the armrest, you can unplug it from the harness.

#20 ·
Right Rear Door Lock problems 2008 Nitro

I'm having problems with the RR electric door lock....it will not move when I use electric door lock. It will only work manually. I believe someone kept their arm on the knob when the door was unlocked electrically...but I'm not sure.

Can I easily remove the interior panel and have a look see? Any sugestions besides taking to my local dealer who seems to find "extra" problems.....

Thanks

SPM

#23 · (Edited)
Welcome to the forum.

To remove the rear door panel, there are two screws and a bolt. One screw is in the bottom of the arm rest pull, covered by a round piece of plastic. This little cover has a lanyard. The other screw is located behind a similar cover, at the rear lower edge of the panel. The bolt is located behind the round trim piece that circles the door handle. This piece just pops off. Remove the door switch by pulling up, and then disconnect the switch from the harness. Put a few fingers from one hand inside the hole where the switch was, and use your other hand at the bottom of the panel. Now, pull UP, not out. It should pop right off. There are plastic hooks molded into the back of the panel that hold it on. Let us know how you make out regarding the power lock switch.

#26 ·
What was the final outcome to your window/door control issue?

I'm having the same problem and your feedback is so needed.
Welcome to the forum. This member has not posted since last September. I would go ahead and replace the Driver's Side window switch. As the OP mentioned, they are very easy to come off - pull straight up. You can save a lot of money by doing this yourself. This part is available on ebay: search: dodge nitro mopar

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

#28 ·
Have you tried pushing the unlock button 2x on the key FOB?

#29 ·
Yes. The problem is intermittent. When it happens you can only unlock the drivers door from both the key fob or from the door switch. You have to manually pull up all the passengers door locks. However, once they are unlocked using the key fob or the door switch allows you to lock all the doors. The big problem is when it happens there is no way to open the hatch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.