Dodge Nitro Forum banner
21 - 40 of 167 Posts
Upper Case

MCNABB said:
Forgot To Mention That I Got Midas Muffler To Take Out The Factory Mufflers, .
Your message would be more easily read were you to refrain from beginning each word with an upper-case letter. An otherwise interesting and informative post becomes unduly tedious quickly. I find your message difficult to read because of the upper-case letters.

okay

all i had on was the caps lock and i didn't intentionally start the first word with a capital letter. right now the caps are off and if i were in school and typed this way, i would definitely fell my class. hard to keep a friend, easy to lose one. if you want me to edit my previous thread, i have the time.

appreciate your input and time..............

and yes to blunitro, it does have a chilling, dynamic, heart pounding, noise that is very easy to get addicted to.

mcnabb in louisiana.....................................

Thanks Hemeee!!!!

Thankyou Hemeee For The Response.

I Do Have A Question For All, I Know This Isn't The Designated Post Or Thread, But I Want To Download Pictures Of My Blue Nitro From My Computer To One Of My Threads, Would Anyone Be Able To Advise On My Situation? They Are Currently In A Picture Portfolio. Thankyou..

Mcnabb In Louisiana...........

GO TO "PRETTY COOL IDEA, WORKS GREAT" AND YOU CAN SEE A FEW PICTURES OF MY NITRO AND THE RV STEP MODIFICATION THAT I GOT INSTALLED ON IT AND IT WORKS GREAT. THANKYOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

diamondrmp said:
What set up do you have? I had a 2 into 1 and it sounded like a weedwhacker. I finally put the SUV one on and it still sounds like crap just not as loud.
Hey Diamondrmp,
What muffler did you go with?

I have the Flowmaster 70 series which is a 1 to 1 & it doesn't sound like a weedwacker at all. Very deep & mellow with a little rumble when I get on it. And not very much louder than the stock muffler was. Just makes it sound NOT like a station wagon.

Originally I went with the 40 then some knucklehead said the 50 SUV would sound better. I believed him because (I didn't know at the time) he bought the business from the guy that has done ALL my exhausts.

The 50 sounds just like the 40 only not as loud. I didn't pay the guy. He tried to talk crap and I told him that he can take the 50 off and put my 40 back on if he has a problem.

I had a 96 Grand Am GT with 40's on it and people swore I had a V8 in it.

I don't want it to quiet.

whopper809 said:
Just curious if anyone hear a Nitro or a R/T with a borla on it. Borla doesn't have sound files. They even have a cat-back for it.
Hey, actually just checked the Borla website (www.borla.com) myself, and it said they don't have anything for the R/T yet?!? Where did you find the one you're talking about (part number?)?

I went to my local muffler shop and showed the vehicle to them they said that puting dual exhaust is not a good idea at all, first off the 20" spare is very close to the cross over pipe and they say will over time heat will damage the new spare, second is in the driver side rear quarter panel is a box that looks alot like a charcoal ( contains fuel vapors) canister, they said if it is and the driver side pipe heats it up there is a chance that it could cause the vehicle to run poorly or have check engine lights come on.

whopper809 said:
I went to my local muffler shop and showed the vehicle to them they said that puting dual exhaust is not a good idea at all, first off the 20" spare is very close to the cross over pipe and they say will over time heat will damage the new spare, second is in the driver side rear quarter panel is a box that looks alot like a charcoal ( contains fuel vapors) canister, they said if it is and the driver side pipe heats it up there is a chance that it could cause the vehicle to run poorly or have check engine lights come on.
whopper - 5000+ miles on my R/T with dual exhaust and I have not seen any check engine lights or any problems with my spare tire. However, it does require some work by an exhaust shop to measure and make the bends necessary to get around the suspension links. Perhaps your shop doesn't want to put the time in on it necessary to make it work. Talk to another shop if you want duals.

Tim

Still Rumbling In Louisiana!!!!!!!!

Just Want Everyone To Know Again That The 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler That Has Been Added To My Nitro Is Truly Amazing. Heads Still Turn When I Start It Up And They Hear The Unique Sound Of A Little Monster Inside. No Not Me.........

Mcnabb In Louisiana....................

I'm new at owning a v6 gas saver... I always had straight pipes on my trucks. Maybe not totally legal but it gave an answer to a flowmaster reving up next to me "No-masters". I just got rid of my 00 chevy silverado reg. cab, sportside (5.3 327 Vortec) that had true dual straight pipes cut out side behind the back tires. It went well with my road rage and if you pissed me off your ear drums were gonna ring. I love that crackle sound which is prolly why I love Harley's so much also.

Check out the nitro on Twanky Fo's (24's)

Anyway, what would you think about a cat back system... I always thought Borla sounded better on V6's. I don't want to try to make my v6 sound like a v8 cuz I always made fun of people who did that...sorry

21 - 40 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.