Dodge Nitro Forum banner
41 - 60 of 167 Posts
MCNABB said:
Just Want Everyone To Know Again That The 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler That Has Been Added To My Nitro Is Truly Amazing. Heads Still Turn When I Start It Up And They Hear The Unique Sound Of A Little Monster Inside. No Not Me.........

Mcnabb In Louisiana....................

Which 40 setup do you have?

Many Questions...........

As For The Warranty, It May Be Best For You To Ask The Dealer About The Muffler Addition. I Asked And They Told Me That It Would Not Harm The Warranty As Long As I Don't Take Out The Cat Converter Or Mess With The Engine Emission Settings.

My Thoughts Are If I Ran Over Something In The Road And It Punctured My Oem Muffler Then I Would Have To Replace It With Money Out Of My Pocket. So I Have Chosed The 40 Series Flowmaster. Sorry That I Have Not Given You A Response Back On The Specific Series Of The 40. Will Try Again Tomorrow Or Soon.

As For The Sound Bite Of My Nitro Sound.......well, I Will Definitely Need Help On How To Do This And What Equipment I Need. It May Be Real Simple, But I Really Do Not Know Where To Begin. Any Help In The Matter Is Always Appreciated. Once I Learn This New Task, I Look Very Much Forward To Letting All Of You Hear The Beast. If You Would Be In The Area Of Lake Charles, Louisiana, I'd Drive Up To 30 Miles Out Of My Way To Let You Hear The Bellowing Beast, My Nitro. Thanks Again For Inquiring, Will Wait For Help In The Matter.

Mcnabb In Louisiana..............

White R/T Dual Exhaust

My previous thread was Nitro R/T Owner wannabee questions. Well, things have progressed. Before going to the exhaust shop I printed out Blue Nitro's pics of his exhaust installation. When the guys called, I packed it up and took it to the shop. They said "Oh, OK, That's how they did it. I guess we can do that, too".

Here's the result. My thanks to Blue Nitro and to Tom Johnson at Up & Down Truck Center in Santa Clara, CA. One added touch, they sprayed hi-temp black on the cross over pipe to make it blend in with the rear end.

Tone was a little high for my taste so I had them change from 3" to 3 1/2" dia tips, which mellowed it down a bit more to my liking. Muffler is a Magnaflow 1 in 2 out.

I am not able to guess what it might have done to mileage due to only having 2700 miles on the car (in the first month !!). But performance seems a bit peppier and the sound is grreattt.

Going on to some of the appearance items before any more performance stuff.

fishdist

Attachments

Finally.........

Called Midas Muffler Today And The Mechanic Said That The 40 Series Flowmaster That They Installed On My Nitro Has " 2 Chambers". He Couldn't Tell Me Anything Else About It. I Have One Pipe Going In And Only One Coming Out. It Has A Section That They Can Cut Out To Add Another Pipe To Make It A Dual Pipe System, But I Don't Really Have The Room For A Dual One Side System And As Far As The True Dual, Pipe On Both Sides, They Said Definitely No, No, No, There Is Not Any Room!!! Hope This Helps Out Someone..

Mcnabb In Louisiana...............

First start a FREE account with Photobucket.com. Then get a video camera WITH sound ;) LOL and tape it. Then download it on your PC and then put it on Photobucket and then come here and post it here. HURRY UP WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? LOL

As Soon As Time Allows.............

I Appreciate The Help "diamondrmp", Looking Forward To Listening To The Clip Myself Once I Get It Downloaded. Really Hope That It Will Sound On The Site "dodge-nitro" Like It Sounds In Realtime.
Sorry To Make All Of You Wait, My Time Is Not Plenty Right Now. Working Alot Lately And Not Getting Enough Sleep. Will Post Hopefully In A Few Days Up To Maybe Even A Week. My Apologies.

Mcnabb In Louisiana................

reply to jas oz..

Hello, I Had Midas To Just Change Out The Stock Muffler And Replace It With The Flowmaster 40 Series And I Listened To The Tone With The Rear "muffler" Or Whatever You Call It On The End Of The Tail Section Still On And I Did Not Notice A Change In The Sound Hardly At All On The Nitro. Just A Little Bit Of Extra Tone, Nothing Dramatic.

The Mechanic Asked Me If I Wanted Him To Take Off The Rear Piece And I Said, Uh, Uh, Uh, Okay I Guess, Because If It Made No Difference In Sound Then He Would Have To Weld The Piece Back On.
Well As You All Know From Me Doing All Of This Typing That He Took Off The Back "muffler" Or Whatever And Yes, This Is What Allowed The Bellowing Beast Out Of Its Cage!! A Almost 100% Improvement. It's Not The Sound Of A True V-8 Where When You Are At Idle And You Lay Down On The Gas Pedal And Sometimes You Here That Loud "rumble, Rumble, Rumble, Rumble, Rumble, Rumble!!!" But......it Has Its Own Distinctive Deep Tone That Definitely Does Not Sound Cheap.

I Can Keep On Apologizing About Not Downloading A Sound Bite On This And Its Definitely Going To Have To Be Me To Do This So, Sorry Again. Alot Of People Have Told Me How To Do This And So Far I Have Let All Of You Down. As Of Today I Cannot Give You A Specific Time Table On The Sound Bite But I Promise That When I Do Post It, All Users On This Site Will Be Aware Of It Because I Will Post It On This Thread And If Needed Post It On A New Thread With A Distinctive Title Of Maybe..."the Sound Of A True Beast In Louisiana". Regards To All And Thankyou For Your Comments.

Mcnabb In Louisiana...........

41 - 60 of 167 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.