Dodge Nitro Forum banner

141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the Gibson Dual Exhaust System, just a note it does not work with aftermarket trailer hitch, and you loose your spare.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Mopar CAI Performance Filter

11/02/2014

I originally thought I would just purchase a new MOPAR intake filter for my Nitro but ran into an issue. The original genuine CAI filter is blue, measures 10.5 inches tall, 6 inches diameter and has a unique 3 ¼ inlet. That inlet must be just for Nitro since most MOPAR filters are 3.5 or 4.5 intake. Anyway I did find a part number for my 7707002 4.0 kit of 77070018 for the filter. Trouble is the images show a much shorter filter and really don’t show the 3 ¼ intake ID as printed on my original filter. Did not want to chance ordering the wrong filter and going through the hassle of returning it!

My filter is a dry media washable and reusable one and is marked “Do not oil”. Did find some aftermarket oil type filters that had adapters to fit 3-3 1/2 ID but really wanted the same genuine MOPAR replacement, so I saved money and cleaned it!

Using one of our "Sister Forums" Dodge Charger and found an informative post on How to Clean Mopar CAI Dry Filters. It really worked and I would never have thought of using Woolite* Check it out.

·
Banned
5 Posts
volant cai

Does anyone have the Volant CAI? Did you notice any gain? I found a discounted price at 4wheelonline.com but not sure about the performance and quality of this cold air intake. Thanks guys for any help.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Checked that out and good to hear you are very pleased with the increase with mopar cai. How was it now with new filter?
Did not purchase a new filter, just cleaned the original one. Sounds better.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro Dual Exhaust

Dodge Nitro Dual Exhaust

Published on Aug 13, 2013

Flowmaster super 10... 2.5 in and 2 dual out.. With 3 inch tips..

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
2010 Dodge Nitro Performance Exhaust Systems

2010 Dodge Nitro Performance Exhaust Systems

Dodge Nitro Detonator 2010-2011, Force II™ Stainless Steel Single Cat-Back Exhaust System by Flowmaster®, MILD SOUND. Super 50 Series Muffler. Single Rear Exit. 2.5" Tubing. 2.5" Brushed Stainless Tip. The Force II Series is designed for a moderate or mild performance tone experience (depends on application and exhaust type), suitable for everyday street driving. The character of the exhaust sound still has the deep, rumbling tone that signifies power, but at a more subdued decibel level that gives a pleasant performance character to driving without being tiring.
Flowmaster Flowmaster Flowmaster

Features:

Available sound levels: Mild Sound / Mild - Moderate Sound (depends on application and exhaust type)
Increases Power
Increases Torque
Suitable for Everyday Driving
Every System Tuned on Dynamometer
Perfect Fitment

The Force II system can improve power, torque, responsiveness and mileage for any vehicle and bring true performance rumble to everyday drivers. The performance character of the sound is unmistakable, without being aggressive. It is a power sound that is perfect for long distance or commuter driving, a sound that shows off the muscle of the engine without tiring the driver or drawing unwanted attention from neighbors and law enforcement.

All Flowmaster exhaust systems give the same improvement of performance. All Flowmaster exhaust systems produce a beautiful deep performance tone. Choosing between the five different exhaust systems is not a technical decision – it is all up to your personal taste. It’s A Sound Decision™. The racing origin is evident in every Flowmaster exhaust system. All the five series of systems are tuned for maximum performance. They differ in technology and tuning, and thus in tone and character, giving you a performance engine sound to your personal liking.

Flowmaster exhaust systems employ two unique technologies, the patented Delta Flow and the Laminar Flow. They give different characters of sound and can be tuned to achieve the desired exhaust note. Flowmaster Exhaust System Technology is so versatile and gives such a high degree of control that it is used both by racers, who want maximum power, and by the U.S. Air Force in Stealth applications, where maximum silence and minimum heat emissions are prime considerations.

Be it for a domestic or import truck, SUV, off-road warrior, daily driver, muscle car, euro-spec cruiser or sport compact vehicle, Flowmaster technicians personally hand select the right muffler, tubing size, resonator, and tip to make the process easy for you. Best of all, Flowmaster stainless steel exhaust systems are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty; ensuring that your exhaust will last as long as you own your vehicle. If you choose aluminized steel products, Flowmaster backs them up with a 3-year warranty.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro Full Exhaust

Dodge nitro full exhaust

Published on Oct 3, 2015

It's my 07 dodge nitro full exhaust. 2.5 tubing with a magnaflow Y pipe & super 44 muffler

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
2007 - 2010 Dodge Nitro 4.0L Air Intake Installation

Published on Nov 20, 2013

See how easy it is to add more performance to the 2007-2010 Dodge Nitro 4.0L.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro R/T Exhaust w/ V-Force Muffler

Uploaded on Apr 11, 2010

This is my 2008 Dodge Nitro R/T. It has a K&N CAI and a V-Force muffler with a custom exhaust. The muffler is a single in, dual out design. I used to have a magnaflow but over time as the magnaflow got broken in, it started sounding too much like a "ricer". Hope you guys enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Nitro Flowmaster Force II Cat-back

Published on Apr 21, 2015

2007-2011 Dodge Nitro Flowmaster Force II Cat-back Stainless Steel Exhaust System 817582 Kit
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flowmaster/389/...
Force II Cat-Back Exhaust System
2007-11 Dodge Nitro 3.7/4.0L
2.5" Tubing, 3" Polished SS Tips
Single Rear Exit
Super 50 Series Muffler
409S Stainless Steel
Features:
Stainless steel construction
Moderate performance tone
Patented Delta Flow technology
Lifetime limited warranty
Made in the USA
Premium Flowmaster quality

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
dodge nitro flowmaster exhaust

Published on Aug 6, 2013

Super 10 flowmaster side exhaust on a 08 dodge nitro slt

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
K&N 77-1562KTK Cold Air Intake System for Nitro V6 3.7L

Published on May 18, 2015

K&N 77-1562KTK Cold Air Intake System for Jeep Liberty, Nitro V6 3.7L 2010-2012 install instructions from Anything Powersports. Helping make installation as easy as possible. If you need anything else to build the vehicle of your dreams please let us know, we have access to almost everything and adding more products to our site every week. Protect your investment and purchase through us and get an industry leading additional 2 year manufacturer warranty. Contact us with any questions and we would love to help. Anything Powersports | Parts and Accessories for Your Trucks and Jeeps

The K&N 77-1562KTK high-flow performance air intake system is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent aluminum tube air induction system designed to fit some Dodge Nitro and Jeep Liberty models. The restrictive factory air filter and air intake housing on your vehicle are replaced by this K&N air intake system which is designed to dramatically reduce air flow restriction as it smoothes and straightens air flow. The improved air flow allows your engine to inhale a larger amount of air than it would from the stock air intake. More air means more usable power and acceleration throughout your engine’s RPM range. The 77-1562KTK air intake comes with a chrome topped K&N high-flow air filter and a heat shield that installs into the previous air box space. Air is directed through the intake tube into the engine’s throttle body for a guaranteed power gain. The intake tube has an attractive textured black powder-coat finish that's made to last and it accommodates the factory air temperature sensor and crank case vent hose. The oversized cone shaped air filter can be used for up to 100,000 miles before servicing is needed depending on driving conditions. This air intake is relatively easy to install usually in 90 minutes or less using existing factory mounting points. The tools needed are a screwdriver, ratchet set and several wrenches. Some K&N 77 series air intakes are not legal for sale or use in California and other states adopting California emission standards while others are CARB exempt and 50 state legal. Check the K&N catalog or website for vehicle applications and specific CARB status for each vehicle and air intake. NOTICE: NON CARB LEGAL / WILL NOT SHIP TO CALIFORNIA
NOT LEGAL FOR SALE IN ANY POLLUTION CONTROLLED MOTOR VEHICLE OR STATE ADOPTING CALIFORNIA EMISSION

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
cold air intake into a 3.7L

Published on Mar 2, 2017
This is a video on how to install a cold air intake into a 3.7L dodge nitro. Also I show you how to switch out your headlight bulbs/ replace your bulbs. I hope this video was helpful

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
FlowMaster Exhaust

Published on Jul 21, 2017

Flowmaster Cat-Back system with custom chrome tips. Did a cold start and decided to take a video of it. Follow me on instagram to watch me build this 2007 dodge nitro R/T from stock
Username: 295Demon

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
Dodge Nitro R/T Couple Revs

Published on Jul 23, 2017

Just a couple revs with the new flowmaster system on my 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T
Follow me on instagram to watch me build this truck from stock!
@295Demon

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T Before & After Exhaust Swap

Published on Jul 23, 2017

Before & After the Flowmaster Exhaust Swap On My 2007 Dodge Nitro R/T 4.0L. Pretty Loud For A V6!

·
Super Moderator
23,016 Posts
MBRP Exhaust on Dodge Nitro 3.7L

May 24, 2018
This is the MBRP cat-back for the KJ Liberty modified to fit my Nitro. 2.5” all the way back with their muffler and tip.

141 - 160 of 165 Posts
About this Discussion
164 Replies
53 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing