Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Dodge Nitro Exhaust/MOPAR CAI

121K views 166 replies 49 participants last post by  rickaren 
#1 · (Edited)
Cat-Back Exhaust Systems & Air Intake Systems

CGS Motorsports is a manafacture of Cat-Back Exhaust Systems & Air Intake Systems for the 2007 Dodge Nitro. CGS also built a 2007 Dodge Nitro for Daimler Chrysler Corp. for the 2006 SEMA Show in Vegas. At the show we were presented with the Daimler Chrysler Design Excellent Award for the Dodge Nitro. Come and check out our site: www.cgsmotorsports.com We have just released the Nitro products on our site. www.cgsexhaust.com www.cgsintakes.com

#2 ·
Re: Cat-Back Exhaust Systems & Air Intake Systems

Does the intake that your company is going to offer affect the MAF sensor at all. I imagine that you would have to leave the sensor in place and make the tubing after the sensor. Is there going to be any sort of heat shield that will protect the cone filter from some of the engine heat. I can't wait to see it and when is it coming. The suspense is killing me. Either the intake or go with a JET Performance chip.

On a random note isn't the nitro engine the same engine as the Jeep Liberty's 3.7L? If so would it be possible take a Liberty intake and apply it to the Nitro application?

#3 ·
Re: Cat-Back Exhaust Systems & Air Intake Systems

CentralOregonNitro said:
Does the intake that your company is going to offer affect the MAF sensor at all. I imagine that you would have to leave the sensor in place and make the tubing after the sensor. Is there going to be any sort of heat shield that will protect the cone filter from some of the engine heat. I can't wait to see it and when is it coming. The suspense is killing me. Either the intake or go with a JET Performance chip.

On a random note isn't the nitro engine the same engine as the Jeep Liberty's 3.7L? If so would it be possible take a Liberty intake and apply it to the Nitro application?

The intake system we make for the Nitro does not affect the MAF sensor at all. The MAF sensor installs back in to our Air Intake System and works great. On this application it does not have a heat sheild do to the fact the our Nitro intake does not make more power with a heat sheild. Yes, this is the same engine as the Liberty but we don't make an intake for the Liberty and also we make all of our intakes to fit the engine and body of each and every vehicle. www.CGSMotorsports.com , www.CGSIntakes.com , www.CGSExhaust.com

#13 ·
Re: Anyone put an Exhaust System on yet?????

Mine is at JBA since yesterday for their prototyping. They called me last week in response to an email I sent to them in January the day after I bought the Nitro. So far (I just called them) the headers for the Liberty are a direct fit. However, the Nitro needs an EGR fitting that the Liberty doesn't use. Today they took off the stock exhaust and are measuring for the catback. They stated that both the headers and catback should be in production around 30-45 days from now.

#19 · (Edited)
Nitro Cat-Back Exhaust for the 3.7L & 4.0L

CGS Motorsports has released there Cat-Back Exhaust system for the Dodge Nitro 3.7L and 4.0L R/T.
CGS is proud to introduce the first hybrid cat-back exhaust, guaranteed to outlast and outperform every other aluminized cat-back system on the market. CGS uses 100% all-welded stainless steel high flow muffler, combined with mandrel-bent aluminized seamless tubing, and a polished stainless steel tip. The result: A great looking system with powerful sound, performance increases for the Nitro are up to 21 horsepower, up to 20 ft-lb torque, and up to 2 mpg increase in fuel efficiency. Everything a top-of-the-line exhaust system has to offer, including a lifetime warranty, at an unbeatable price. www.cgsexhaust.com www.cgsintakes.com

CGS Intake for the Dodge Nitro 3.7L

#20 · (Edited)
Vroommm!!! Vroommm!!!

Forgot To Mention That I Got Midas Muffler To Take Out The Factory Mufflers, There Were 2 Installed And Midas Installed A 40 Series Flowmaster Muffler And The Sound Is Very Distinguished. Sounds Great To Me. Some Of My Friends Said That It, Blue Nitro, Sounds Like It Has A Small V-8 Motor In It Because Of The Nice Deep Mellow Sound Coming Out Of The Pipe.

If You Do This, Even Though You Don't Personally Know Me, I Promise That The Sound Will Increase Dramatically And Put Your Nitro In A Differnet Sound Class And Make Heads Turn To It. I Have No Regrets About Getting The Modification Done.

As For The Fuel Mileage, Its Hard To Say Because I Tend To Have A Heavy Right Foot. I May Get At Least 1 Mpg More At Some Time. But The Power Change That I Have Noticed Is A Plus. Usually Around 55 Mph I Punch The Pedal And I Feel The Earth Being Moved A Little Further Away Faster Than What It Did With The Old Original Muffler System And At The Same Time The Rumbling Sound Coming From The Pipe Adds To The Excitement Of Almost Driving A New Nitro With A "hemi"!!!!

THE FINAL PRICE FOR THIS WAS JUST UNDER $200.00, THIS WAS FOR TAXES, MUFFLER, ELBOW PIPES, AND LABOR.

Mcnabb In Louisiana......................

#22 ·
Upper Case

MCNABB said:
Forgot To Mention That I Got Midas Muffler To Take Out The Factory Mufflers, .
Your message would be more easily read were you to refrain from beginning each word with an upper-case letter. An otherwise interesting and informative post becomes unduly tedious quickly. I find your message difficult to read because of the upper-case letters.

#23 ·
okay

all i had on was the caps lock and i didn't intentionally start the first word with a capital letter. right now the caps are off and if i were in school and typed this way, i would definitely fell my class. hard to keep a friend, easy to lose one. if you want me to edit my previous thread, i have the time.

appreciate your input and time..............

and yes to blunitro, it does have a chilling, dynamic, heart pounding, noise that is very easy to get addicted to.

mcnabb in louisiana.....................................

#25 · (Edited)
Thanks Hemeee!!!!

Thankyou Hemeee For The Response.

I Do Have A Question For All, I Know This Isn't The Designated Post Or Thread, But I Want To Download Pictures Of My Blue Nitro From My Computer To One Of My Threads, Would Anyone Be Able To Advise On My Situation? They Are Currently In A Picture Portfolio. Thankyou..

Mcnabb In Louisiana...........

GO TO "PRETTY COOL IDEA, WORKS GREAT" AND YOU CAN SEE A FEW PICTURES OF MY NITRO AND THE RV STEP MODIFICATION THAT I GOT INSTALLED ON IT AND IT WORKS GREAT. THANKYOU TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.