Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI to all new owners, the 2011 Nitro no longer uses the 9145 lamp for fog lights. Its now a (currently) hard to find PSX24W!

Don't ask how I know. :rolleyes:

Cy

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Thanks Cyklopz for the update!
2011 model fog lights

PSX24W for front fog application
PSX24W
• R37 lamp allowed for front fog application
• Low energy consumption: only 24W
• Low heat dissipation allowing plastic reflector and lens
• Cost saving: metal part and glass can be removed from the luminary
• Weight reduction of luminary

Philips OEM Website 2010

·
Registered
5 Posts
its actually a 9009/H16 bulb.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Fog Light Replacement 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Fog Light Replacement 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Video Description

The video above shows how to change the fog light bulb in your 2010 Dodge Nitro. Not all models have fog lights - for many Dodges, it depends on your trim level (SXT) or whether the fog light option was ordered when your Nitro was manufactured. Fog lights are typically in the front bumper, below the headlight cluster and are helpful in poor visibility. If one fog light is burnt out on your Nitro, we recommend changing both bulbs because the working bulb will be dimmer than the one you replaced and will likely burn out soon anyway.

When you change the foglight on your Nitro, be careful not touch the glass part of the bulb with your fingers which causes the bulb to burn out earlier.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Replacement Clear OEM Style Fog Lights

Replacement Clear OEM Style Fog Lights

Dodge Nitro 2010, Clear OEM Style Fog Lights by Winjet®, 1 Pair. This is an aftermarket part that replaces factory OE # 4805857AA, 4805857AA. Being a true copy of your OEM fog lights, these cost-effective parts will become an ideal replacement for your cracked or non-functioning units. The lights are constructed from OEM grade ABS plastic to provide long-lasting and the most reliable service.

Notes: Wiring Kit Not Included.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Add On Smoke OEM Style Fog Lights

Add On Smoke OEM Style Fog Lights

Dodge Nitro 2010, Smoke OEM Style Fog Lights by Spyder®, 1 Pair. Includes switch and wiring harness. Fog lights help you see the road better in fog and inclement weather. Mounted low on the vehicle and angled toward the road, fog lights reduce glare and illuminate the road right in front of the vehicle, enabling the driver to stay on track, for safer motoring. If your vehicle didn’t come with fog lights or the originals are damaged or non-functional, install these original type OEM Style Fog Lights. Alternative Part Number: 5036773.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
How to change Fog light in Dodge Nitro 07-12

Published on May 23, 2017
Quick video tutorial on how to replace remove install change fog light in Dodge nitro aka Jeep Liberty. Should work with 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 years.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Alla Lighting High Power 3030 SMD New Version Xtremely Super Bright H10 9145 9140 LED Bulbs Gold Yellow Fog Light Lamps Replacement

Size:H10/9145

I have modified my Fog Lights to serve as Day-Light-Running lamps (are on anytime engine is running) for years. Have had just about all options over the years. Installed "Halo-Rings" inside original housings, numerous aftermarket bulbs, some so hot they melted the housings! Had been using Super Yellow 9145 9140 9155 bulbs recently until one finally burnt out.

Time to try out the new super bright H10/9145 3000K gold yellow LED bulbs,each bulb is about 1000 lumens, especially designed for relacing the stock dim fog light lamps.

Installation

Since I have past experience replacing complete Fog Lamp Assemblies and bulbs I do not replace the bulbs while in the Nitro. I disconnect the power leads, then remove the housing from the front. On my 2007 there are two "20 Torque" screws on the back side of each housing, to remove. (you may find Philips screws in other years) If you have the proper tools this I find is an easy way to install new bulbs instead of trying to remove old bulbs and install from the under your Nitro.

If you have a later year NITRO 2011 you may find factory bulbs are 2504 PSX24W

You must use "Alla Lighting High Power 3030 SMD New Version Xtremely Super Bright 2504 PSX24W Gold Yellow LED Bulbs for Fog Light Lamps Replacement"]Alla Lighting High Power 3030 SMD New Version Xtremely Super Bright 2504 PSX24W Gold Yellow LED Bulbs for Fog Light Lamps Replacement in that case.

Good Luck and enjoy your new lights!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts