Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would have rather got a lump of coal, but Santa brought me a dinged bumper from a shopping trip, found it later after the fact. Soon as it warms a bit I plan to remove and replace the bumper and I have several questions. Is there a straight forward step by step like the grill removal thread? I found a replacement bumper painted for under $300 that seems very cheap. I have used after market parts before and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Any tips or suggestions?Thanks for any and all help.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
I would have rather got a lump of coal, but Santa brought me a dinged bumper from a shopping trip, found it later after the fact. Soon as it warms a bit I plan to remove and replace the bumper and I have several questions. Is there a straight forward step by step like the grill removal thread? I found a replacement bumper painted for under $300 that seems very cheap. I have used after market parts before and sometimes you win sometimes you lose. Any tips or suggestions?Thanks for any and all help.
Will see what I can find to help you out.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Well vtwin7 this is the best I can do since I have no real pictures or could not find any. This should at least give you a clue as to what you will need to do. Maybe you can replace the rivets with bolts and nuts and hopefully nothing else is damaged once you start the replacement. Another good point is even if you would need additional parts I would think your Nitro would still be drivable. Please report back and lets us all know how it works out so others here will know, and GOOD LUCK!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bro this is a great help. As soon as I get a break in the cold temps, highs in the 20's for the next week or so I will give it a shot. The best I could do was to put in replace front bumper on Dodge Nitro...that brought up Toyota, BMW, Pontiac, etc. everything but the Nitro. I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

·
Registered
2 Posts
07 SXT Front Bumper??

Hello guys

I have a 07 SXT and I noticed the other day that the plastic "deflector" is what I am going to call it is cracked and I would like to replace it. I am not sure exactly what you call it but its the plastic piece thats under the front bumper. Its kinda like a deflector or maybe plastic skirt?
Its held in place by plastic clips so I am more then sure I can replace it without replacing the entire front bumper..

Anyone know what this is actually called or what the part # is for it??

Here's a quick picture

Thanks for your help

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts

Air deflector, Air deflector
DEFLECTOR LEG
List Price : $67.35
Your Price : $47.67

Hope this help Chris!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wanted Lower front valance

I Have 2008 Dodge Nitro Looking for front lower valance if anyone here has one for sale at a reasonable price :(

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
I Have 2008 Dodge Nitro Looking for front lower valance if anyone here has one for sale at a reasonable price :(
DAM - Mopar (68018852AA)

Welcome andre2great!

I was curious to see if the R/T Nitro used a different lower dam and if I am correct, they do not. If this is the correct part that is called a lower dam the price is not that bad. However it's the bumper that will cost you.

I found this part HERE

I doubt that any member would have a used one and I would think this replacement part will fit ALL Nitros. Good Luck.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Removing/Installing Fascia Assembly

Removing/Installing Fascia Assembly

You can now view the Dodge Nitro Service Manual on the Nitro Body

Starting on Page 146

Use This LINK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts