Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuel milage

I have about 500 miles on my R/T, before I installed my Spectra cool air intake and Jet chip, I was getting 17 MPG. Currently I'm getting 18.5 and this is city driving. Looking forward to installing a new exhaust system, and I expect the milage to increase. I did not buy the nitro for the gas milage as many of you, It is one vehicle that turns heads, and if I can make it perform as good as it looks I'm a happy nitro owner.

Hay everbody, enjoy your ride and don't be scared to add to the vehicles performance the vehicle has the looks, the mpg will come if you control the right foot.

Enjoy

·
Registered
59 Posts
I Would Not Recommend 87-octane Fuel for an R/T

GLHS#113 said:
Anyone using 87 Octane in their R/T? - My understanding is that middle premium (89 Octane) is recommended for the 4.0L.
I would not recommend 87-octane fuel for an R/T. I use 89-octane fuel only in my R/T, as recommended in the manual.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mpg

My SXT/3.7 with 5000 miles gets 18 city/24 highway. I'm going to go with Mobile 1 at the next oil change, and I expect a small increase in MPG if past experience holds true. Regards

·
Registered
6 Posts
I honestly get about 19 city, and 23 highway. If I add drygas with a fill, I get about 23 city and almost 28 highway. I have the '07 SXT 4x4 model and do a lot of stop and go with it. I have just over 3600 miles on it and have only done the first maintanance on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to say I am extremely dissapointed with the mileage. The best mileage so far (12000 miles) has been 20mpg at 65mph until empty. I average 19mpg.

I had a Dodge Magnum RT before the Nitro and got 25mpg at the same speed. I have friends getting 20 - 22 in their SRT 8's!!! I have kept strict logs of the mileage since day one. I've missed logging maybe 3 fillups. This is all highway mileage.

Now saying that, my Nitro got almost the exact same mileage (18mpg) towing an enclosed 6x10 motorcycle trailer with 1, 600lbs bike in it 400 miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have what we call in Australia a Nitro SX 2.8lt turbo diesel and I am getting around 19 miles per gallon in the city and about 24 miles sometimes 30 miles per gallon on the highway depending how many times i have to overtake. Only have 3000 miles on it

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got my 2007 used red nitro SXT 4wd 3.7v6
It has 7k miles on it.

My first tank of gas was 87 octane and got 15.9 mpg in the city (indiana).
I was also somewhat disapointed on the gas mileage.

MY current tank which I will refill probably tomorrow is with 89 octane and will also be in the city. I will post on here with the results.

Offical results, Ill add them as they come.

87 octane and got 15.9 mpg in the city
89 octane and got 14.1 mpg in the city
87 octane and got 16.7 mpg in the city
Next 87 from Marathon gas station.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Jury is still out

I still don't have a good "read" on my mileage ... I'm not driving the thing "normally", still in "test" mode.

It has gotten 19+ on one tank, which was nice to see. Typically, I've been getting around 17 or so, which includes a fair amount of freeway rush hour type traffic.

Still want to take a "road trip" and see what the mileage tops out at.

But until I get the torque converter issue fixed, my city mileage will be suspect (as I'm always jabbing the gas to unlock the TC at low speeds).

·
Registered
28 Posts
30miles pr gallon (highway) but its a diesel so i guess thats not so very low.
87 octane ????:confused:

in sweden we only have 95octane 96oct and 98octane and 99octane never ever seen lower then 91octane and that vas in germany.

why do you have such shitty fuel in US ????

not even russia have 87octane

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm getting around 15.5-16 around town. I was on the New York State Thruway for about 30 miles (at 60mph). The computer told me I was getting from 24.9 to 26.3 mpg. I have about 10,000 miles on the SLT.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Where can you get your oil changed with synthetic oil?
DO any of the oil change chains do it, do you ask for it specifically?
Or do you have to go to a dealer?
Once you use synthetic oil can you switch back?
thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
You can request Synthetic anywhere. It is roughly 2.5x more expensive in most cases.

It is suggested that you don't go back and forth between Dino oil and syn but I have yet to have anyone explain it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought my Nitro R/T off the lot last November, and have to say that my only complaint is the mileage, which runs around 12.5 mpg city. Ouch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm getting about 18 mpg city and 22 mpg hwy. I only have 950 miles on it. hope it gets better from here. if not then no worries. I usually stick with Chevron 91 octane.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm getting about 18 mpg city and 22 mpg hwy. I only have 950 miles on it. hope it gets better from here. if not then no worries. I usually stick with Chevron 91 octane.
Hey, not bad mileage for that size rig. I'm not getting mileage like that with my 3.7L (and 4-speed auto) ... but I'm still having problems getting it to shift the way I want it to, and also, I'm still in "test drive' mode, and am a little heavy on the accelerator!

:cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, not bad mileage for that size rig. I'm not getting mileage like that with my 3.7L (and 4-speed auto) ... but I'm still having problems getting it to shift the way I want it to, and also, I'm still in "test drive' mode, and am a little heavy on the accelerator!

:cool:
right now the information center on the Nitro aka Dahlia (yea i named her Dahlia) reads 20.1 then it drops down to 19.9 then goes up to 20.0 and so on.

I just hit 1000 last night. it brought a tear to my eye. :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not to be i dick but do you have 98octane i US ??
nobody here can even get ther hands on so low octane fuel as 87-89-91
no wounder you have shity milage. theres no power in fuel with that low octane.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts