Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
well of course its unleaded we havent had lead in 20years
strange that you use such low octane fuel on the other hand the cheapest fuel we have (95octane) is now up to 8dollars per gallon :mad:
the tax is 6dollars per gallon :mad:

but such is life :rolleyes:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Updated fuel economy.

87 octane and got 15.9 mpg in the city
89 octane and got 14.1 mpg in the city
87 octane and got 16.7 mpg in the city
87 octane and got 15.1 mpg in the city

·
Registered
49 Posts
how much does one gallon of fuel cost in USA in Sweden its dollars per gallon of 95octane.
Hello!

Gas prices vary all over the country, but US$3 per gallon for regular (87 octane) gives you a good idea of what prices are right now.

Typically mid-grade (89) is 10c-15c more, then premium (91-92) is another 10c-15c more.

Prices came down a bit in early February, but they are jumping again.

:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
So you have it 60% cheaper in US and your complaining about gas prices :confused:
and yes sweden is ab big country 2450km long and 800km wide so we travel a lot by car.
but we have much more gas taxes then.
and most peaple walk or take the bike in suburban areas.
but i guess you drive every whery even in the cityis.

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you have it 60% cheaper in US and your complaining about gas prices :confused:
Yup, you've pretty much "nailed" it! :D We probably don't have taxes on fuel as much as you do though ... and yes, we complain when those taxes go up too!!!

But then, I hear food costs much more in other places ... I guess it's all what you get accustomed to.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just took mine in for the first oil change 2/22/08. Gas mileage doesn't impress me at all, I figured after engine "break in" the gas mileage would get better... I don't think I'll ever see what the window sticker says its supposed to get. My 5.3 chevy got just as good gas mileage and I'm missing alot of power compared to the tro! on the other hand, gas mileage has never really been a concern, hell I've only put 3k miles on my nitro since September 07'.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been very unhappy with the gas mileage. I have had my Nitro for nearly 11 months and the best MPG I ever got was 25, which was on a trip to Nashville TN, about 5.5 hours. I commute an hour both ways and I am consistently getting high 21 low 22. I even got the 6 speed, thinking I could get better MPG. I was wrong. I keep the maintenance up and everything, use the cruise control and don't ever really put my foot into it. But other than that, I really love it. Best vehicle I've ever had.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup, you've pretty much "nailed" it! :D We probably don't have taxes on fuel as much as you do though ... and yes, we complain when those taxes go up too!!!

But then, I hear food costs much more in other places ... I guess it's all what you get accustomed to.

well i dont consider Mc donalds or burger king not even pizza hut food.
so yes reall food is more expensive here

But dont your worry Sweden is The most americanised country in the world
were geting fatter and fatter and driving bigger and bigger cars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am getting about 18.1mpg and I drive like a lunatic in mine...mostly HWY miles through the hills of Tennessee.....still love it though!!!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a left over 2007 Nitro R/T. It had a $3500 rebate vs. $500 on 2008). I got it to pull my Neon SRT-4 to Autocross events (tired of changing tires!) I drove it 45 min each way to work for a week, 6 out of 7 days plus running around, then handed my wife the keys! I put $165 in the gas tank in 7 days! I told her the Nitro is hers on non-race days, otherwise I will be driving her Caliber SXT from now on! Guess you can see that we are a Dodge Family! I love the Nitro's looks, power, and amazing sound system. The gas mileage is horrible, but I am keeping it! Wife is happy as heck! I am getting around 16 mpg. She is getting around 19..... Could it be my foot weighs more than hers? :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2008 nitro r/t 4x4 bone stock. I get about 18 out of it driving fast, rofl. When I take my time and just enjoy driving. I hit around 21.

The other day I hit wisp ski resort here in maryland. It's a 3 hour drive from my house in baltimore 200 miles). I recorded 22.5mpg on the computer driving 75-80 using cruise control.:D

I'm happy with the gas mileage so far. It's right on par to the factory rating of 15/20 with the r/t 4x4 invoice sticker. But no doubt driving 65 and cruise control, i've hit 24mpg according to the computer. The key is just easing throttle on the on ramps, rofl, which is really hard to do. Cause you know you want to stomp on it.

I had to use the 4x4 coming home and now my front end driver side whines like the hub is enguaged. :mad: Not happy with dodge service though. But that's a whole another can of worms.:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
fuel millage

Not to be i dick but do you have 98octane i US ??
nobody here can even get ther hands on so low octane fuel as 87-89-91
no wounder you have shity milage. theres no power in fuel with that low octane.
octain is not relevent higher octain has adetives to stop pre ignition with high comp engines. my 2007 slt gets 13mpg arond town very best on long trip 20, have 12000 miles on it. preveios ford explorer (2000
0 with v8 got 20 on same trip. last car 2003 300m got 35 . so i think chrysler has a problem with the 3.7, i know they do aparently the 08s have had a redesighn for better milage

·
Super Moderator
24,471 Posts
We have had two Ford Explorers (2002 V-6 & 2006 V-8) and both got better gas mileage than my Nitro. Think it must be their automatic transmissions one being a 5 speed and our present one having 6 speeds (5 with OD). I suspect the Nitro R/T 4.0, 24 valve HP engine running 89 octane gas, would get better mileage than a 3.7 Nitro engine, but this is just based on other HP engine I have owned in the past. Have not seen anything in print to back this up, however. Anyone else know?

·
Registered
28 Posts
octain is not relevent higher octain has adetives to stop pre ignition with high comp engines. my 2007 slt gets 13mpg arond town very best on long trip 20, have 12000 miles on it. preveios ford explorer (2000
0 with v8 got 20 on same trip. last car 2003 300m got 35 . so i think chrysler has a problem with the 3.7, i know they do aparently the 08s have had a redesighn for better milage
What are you talking about when the octane is higher that mean its more energy in that fuel so you can get more milage on the same amount of fuel.

and when you have more octane it takes more compresion to get pre ignition (spikes misfires) and we even have 100octane and that works just fine and you get more milage per gallon fuel and more power in the engine (no misfires)

·
Registered
12 Posts
fuel octain

well of course its unleaded we havent had lead in 20years
strange that you use such low octane fuel on the other hand the cheapest fuel we have (95octane) is now up to 8dollars per gallon :mad:
the tax is 6dollars per gallon :mad:

but such is life :rolleyes:
you are miss informed on fuels to use. high octain is the same fuel as low the main difference is the adetives in high octain make it less volitiel as in high compression engines tend to burn the fuel before spark re diesel. example i have007 slt 3.7 it workes fine onlow octain. my 32ford with a 10 to1 comp 302 needs high octain. ps my nitro gets 13 mpg mixed very best on long trips 20. 2000 explorer with v8 got 20 on long trips(not a happy camper)

·
Registered
12 Posts
canadian nitro owner

Are There Any " Canadian " Nitro Owners Out There ???

Please Tell Me About Your Fuel Milage Ratings

I Am Seriously Wanting To Buy A Nitro R/t

Northern Nitro
DO NOT BUY ONE they look neat ar good in the snow. sadly the heaters dont work, they ar terrible on fuel, premeum leather seats ar poor sag leather wrinkles lik a 10 year old car within 2 monthes. transmittions never do shift right, mine wines in 1st like a farm tractor. park brake boots ,zipper breakes, on my4th. so waight for chrysler to get ther act together, probly not soon. oh fuel millage with 20000ks 13in town 20 hichway at steady 90ks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gas mileage has pretty much stabled out for me at 13mpg in city. NO matter what I try. The transmission shifts bizaare. For the mpg I would hope I could take off faster. But it likes to shift right when you floor it and it bogs down than.

41 - 60 of 86 Posts