Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that I need some kind of GPS antenna ... but it didn't came with the two REW MyGIGs I bought from a canadian seller. How can I get this GPS antenna? Does anyone have the Mopar product number?

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
It seems that I need some kind of GPS antenna ... but it didn't came with the two REW MyGIGs I bought from a canadian seller. How can I get this GPS antenna? Does anyone have the Mopar product number?
Is it the same antenna that is used for satellite radio, or something else?

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts
Looks like I have found what you are looking for!

Check out this LINK: FACTORY GPS ANTENNA [FGPS 186] - $52.75 : OEM Auto Parts

This factory OEM Mopar GPS antenna is small yet extremely versatile. It can be mounted virtually anywhere.
FEATURES:

- Blue FAKRA connector

- Strong signal reception

- Metal Base Mounting Plate

APPLICATIONS:

This compatible with all MYGIG NAVIGATION RECEIVERS in the following vehicles listed below.

2010:

Avenger
Caliber
Challenger
Charger
Commander
Compass
Dakota
Grand Cherokee
Patriot
Sebring
Grand Caravan
Journey
Liberty
Nitro
Ram (all models)
Town & Country
Wrangler

2009:

Aspen
Avenger
Caliber
Challenger
Charger
Commander
Compass
Dakota
Durango
Grand Cherokee
Patriot
Sebring
Grand Caravan
Journey
Liberty
Nitro
Ram 1500
Town & Country
Wrangler
ALSO 2009:
Ram 2500, 3500 (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)

2008:

Aspen
Avenger
Challenger
Charger
Commander
Dakota
Durango
Grand Cherokee
Magnum
Sebring
Grand Caravan
Liberty
Nitro
Town & Country
Wrangler
ALSO 2008:
Caliber (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Compass (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Patriot (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Ram (all models) (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)

2007:

Avenger
Sebring
Nitro
Wrangler
ALSO 2007:
300 (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Aspen (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Caliber (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Charger (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Commander (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Compass (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Durango (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Grand Cherokee (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Magnum (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Patriot (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)
Ram (all models) (ONLY with our MYGIG Adapter)

·
Super Moderator
23,207 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Just want to share some of my problems. I bought 2 units MyGIG REW from a canadian guy from another Dodge Nitro forum, for my 2008 Dodge Nitro. Before I bought them, the seller confirmed that both will work with my Nitro and that both are like new and were only installed for being tested.

I was surprised that he gave it to me really cheap ... but I paid more than a lot for the UPS shipping + taxes from Canada to Austria. And when I got the package, I was shocked.

• Scratches on the front and buttons (couldn't be caused by the shipping). Both MyGIGs really look used to me.
• The upper strip / plastic surrounding on top of the monitor looks bent inwards.
• GPS and antenna plastic pin surroundings damaged while shipping.
• GPS antennas are missing, which makes installation impossible.
• My Dodge dealer refuses to install it, cause both partno. are not for a 2008 Dodge Nitro.
• We powered the MyGIGs and it showed the error code "Tag not found" for non functional harddrives.

The seller now mentions that he would have never said that his MyGIGs will work with an 2008 Dodge Nitro and that I should use a Lockpick to make them work. My Nitro has warranty till 2014 and I don't want to interfere with that by installing some kind of not authorized hardware. I think the people at my local Dodge dealer know why they refuse to install one of these MyGIG with wrong partno.

Fact is, that the seller knew that I have a 2008 Nitro and that I bought the units for using them in my car. I feel really pissed. Shipping costs and taxes for two MyGIGs with no GPS antennas, a lot of scratches and non functional harddrives. Both units don't work at all.

But see for yourself:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
This is total BS, as I saw your post which stated you had a 2008. What are the part numbers for what you have, and what is the part number that Dodge is calling for? Maybe I can sort this out for you.

A member on that other forum wanted my rear black license plate brow, which cost about $100. I was asking, $50 + shipping. The box weighs 2 pounds, and the cheapest to ship to Germany was over $150.00! He never responded back to me, so I understand your frustration concerning the shipping costs as both of these units together must weigh more than 2 pounds.

:cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'll have to pay $250 for shipping and $180 for import taxes, makes together $430 for ... lets call it junk. There is no possibility to get the antenna pin surroundings or single buttons as spare parts and it will be complicated to get the software to install new HDDs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
UPS told me that both MyGIGS weren't correctly packed for sensible electronic products and international shipping. First they didn't want to give me the units back, but after I insisted I got it back. Tried to let them be repaired at my Dodge dealer, but they say that they can't get any spareparts for MyGIGs. Now I hope in the right decision of Paypal to at least get my money back.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Good luck - I think that guy screwed you. I would never make a deal with anyone like that guy did with you. I would never sleep again! It takes all types to make the word go around.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Paypal buyer-protection checked all evidence and decided that the seller is wrong and I get back the money. Thats the good part. The bad part is that I don't get back the shipping costs and I would have to pay for the return-shipping too.

I can't do that, cause the shipping and return-shipping costs are more than I paid for both MyGIGs. Paypal and UPS are on my side, but it doesn't help that if I'm sending this junk back, I will lose more money as if I keep it.

I guess the seller must have known that when he sold me the damaged devices.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
At least UPS and paypal are on your side. I think that the seller should have to pay for the return shipping so that you can get your money back. Have you been able to get a unit for your car?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Since a new MyGIG REW for 2008 Nitros is not available at my dealer (delivery time uncertain) I repared both MyGIG units with new harddrives, new knobs/buttons and the missing GPS antenna.

After having the ok from Becker (the company that builds the MyGIGs) my garage finally tried to install the MyGIG 2008 model. And guess what? The MyGIG askes for a 4-letter code, BUT the seller never gave this code to me.

Becker was really surprised about that, cause every MyGIG owner has this activation code. Only thieves don't have this code. It's used to reactivate MyGIGs after renewing the battery aso. So, where are my codes? No answer from the seller.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Since a new MyGIG for 2008 Nitros is not available at my dealer (delivery time about 3 months) I repared both MyGIG units with new harddrives, new buttons and the missing GPS antenna.

After having the ok from Becker (the company that builds the MyGIGs) my garage finally tried to install the MyGIG 2008 model. And guess what? The MyGIG askes for a 5-letter code, BUT the seller never gave this code to me.

Becker was really surprised about that, cause every MyGIG owner has this activation code. Only thieves don't have this code. It's used to reactivate MyGIGs after renewing the battery aso. So, where are my codes? No answer from the seller.
Report him back to ebay. They can black list him. Tell them you want your money and shipping costs back.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I didn't buy it at EBAY. I bought it with Paypal directly over his contact on nitrozforums
Can you put in a complaint to nitrozforums? They seem to be a legitimate site, but I do not know how much control it has over who sells stuff on the forum.

:confused:

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Most sites have a disclaimer that they aren't responsible for transactions that occur on the site.

Having said that, its too bad that this happened to you!!!
That being said, at least the forum could acknowledge him in some way. He spent a lot of money trying to accomplish this. Three times I put items up for sale on that forum. People responded with interest, and then just disappeared. It is extremely rude not to let their intentions be known - if they decide against a purchase, say so and get on with life.

:eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It's a huge difference to the internet laws here in Europe. As owner of a site or forum I'm responsible for each word and transaction. Even if I stated other things on the privacy or disclaimer page. If someone is selling stolen products or products from dubious sources through my site, it would be up to me to clear things up and to contact the police. Or the buyer can sue me.

But of course, it was primary my fault. I wanted the MyGIG so badly, that I forgot to ask important questions. I thought handling the transaction via Paypal will help. But Paypal doesn't care if someone is selling stolen stuff at all. How could I know that I need an 4-letter activation code and that both MyGIGs had damaged knobs and harddrives? Buying electronic parts from private persons over internet is always a risk.

I had to pay a lot for my carelessness. With all the shipping, taxes, parts and repairs both units costed me about the price, that one brandnew MyGIG would have costed me. I guess that you always get what you pay for it. The prices for the MyGIGs REW I bought at nitro****** were too good to be true.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts