Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Mopar Cargo Area Mat last year, but it wasn't in Dark Slate, like the front mats. It's just Slate Grey. My dealer told me that there is no Dark Slate version of it.

It seems that Mopar somehow changed it and instead of the former Dark Slate and Dark Khaki versions there now is only the Slate Grey version, which would fit more universal for both interior colors.

Maybe someone of you knows more. Who owns the Cargo Area Mat in Dark Slate? Mine looks like this:

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
WOW I like the looks of that mat even if it is the wrong color for your Nitro. Never have seen a picture of one before. As with any older or discontinued vehicle Factory aftermarket parts are phased out over time. Even if you order the color you want it will be substituted with something else! Good news is Dealers may have in stock these phased out Mopar items and will want to discount to remove from their inventory. Do you have any part #s other than what you now have (82210423AB was this what you ordered?), or what you now wish you have? Will check out what I can find "Online" and get back to you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 82210423AB which should be Dark Slate. It's original Mopar and produced in 2010. Still it's not the same color as the floor mats, which really are in Dark Slate.

The Cargo Area Mat is Slate Grey.

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
ParadiseSeeker

I too only find the Gray Dark Slate (82210423AB) and the Dark Khaki (82210428) and some at really low prices. So do you believe there was another color # available before? I have the black leather interior and could be interested in a black mat but is the Dark Khaki is not black, right? The dark slate is gray, so is there no black? Think the black would be more universal but maybe they were never available? Anyone else know?

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

Dark Slate should be a real dark grey. Look at the Floor Mats in Dark Slate. Much darker. I'm not searching for aftermarket stuff ... I really prefer original Mopar products. Just wanted to know if I bought the correct version or if there is a Dark Slate cargo mat with identical color as the floor mats.

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
I just ordered "online" Cargo Area Mat, Carpeted - Dark Khaki Mopar Part #82210428 for my Nitro and will post pictures as to its color match when received. Hopefully it will be Black!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I believe that the Dark Slate Gray is the color that looks almost black. Khaki has a brown tint - either dark, medium or light.

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
Cargo Area Mat, Carpeted - Dark Khaki Mopar Part #82210428

Received new rear mat yesterday and as always dhh3 was right. Its not really black but it is not really gray.

I placed a dining table place-mat that is black & gold in the center of this cargo mat for likeness to real black.

Thanks to ParadiseSeeker for the original post since I really thought I had added my last accessory to my Nitro. What caught my attention was that adding this mat would keep anything I put on top of the Load N Go with its low pile carpet, from shifting all round when driving. It looks like adding this mat will help. I also like the "Nitro" emboss.

Sure its not real black like my interior but who is going to see it any way except the full service car wash guy! If interested they are available "Online"
from many sources.

Mine came from a Chrysler "Online" Dealer and some offer free shipping but you will still spend around $100. It should not be much longer that MOPAR accessories start to become discontinued for our Nitro.

This option, leather-trimmed bucket seats with R/T Logo plus heated seats was a $830 add on in 2007

Attachments

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I do not have the Load N Go feature. I do have a reversible cover - one side has a built in plastic cubby to keep things from sliding around. The other side is carpeted, but it is a very thin carpet. I thought about buying this cargo mat, but I use the plastic side more than the carpeted side, so the mat would very rarely be in the Truck! :eek:

:cool:

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
Update:

Wife and I went to Kroger's and bought a cart full of of groceries (was put in plastic bags) and I just plopped them in the Nitro with the new carpet mat. After a trip of several miles home with turns and stop lights I opened the lift-gate to find all still in place and not falling out of the back. This carpet mat passed the test as a must have here. Should have bought one much sooner!:):):)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here it is, the 82210423AB. And it is the perfect color, just like the Dark Slate floor mats. It really seems that the one I bought first was the 82210428AB Dark Khaki version. The bottom of the Dark Slate mat is different, it has pimples instead of a rubberized surface.

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
Great News! Sure happy with mine with nothing sliding around back there as before and wish I had bought one when I first bought my Nitro new, years ago!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
3 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing