Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy leather interior for the seats of my 2008 Nitro SXT (dark slate / light slate gray interior). Does anyone with the same interior colors have the Katzkin products?

I want it in dual tone like the fabric seats but I don't know which colors are the exact match to fit the interior colors. Can someone help me please?

·
Super Moderator
23,010 Posts
I want to buy leather interior for the seats of my 2008 Nitro SXT (dark slate / light slate gray interior). Does anyone with the same interior colors have the Katzkin products?

I want it in dual tone like the fabric seats but I don't know which colors are the exact match to fit the interior colors. Can someone help me please?
ParadiseSeeker looks like no options except for one match to your original interior that would be Dark Slate OR Dark Khaki from this Link. Hope this helps. Sure you could get custom leather too. Good Luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thx. What is the official interior color name for 2008 SXT? Dark / Light Slate Gray, as far as I know and as far as the official Dodge brochure shows. So Dark Graphite would be the correct color? Seems very dark to me. And for the Light Slate Gray?

I thought Katzkin produces the leather interior which was offered my Mopar for the SXT modell and which was standard for R/T modells? Shouldn't they know the matching colors?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another Link with Mopar part numbers and list prices.
Thx for the link. What do they mean with "installed" and "uninstalled"? I need a shop, that can ship the parts to Austria / Europe. I guess Mopar won't do this.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

This option has been available from Mopar for a couple of years, but the dealers don't seem to know much about it. I think it might be easier for you to go directly to them.

Car Leather Upholstery | Custom Auto Leather Interiors by Katzkin

There are many options: single color, two color, with or without perforated inserts, dual stitching, contrast stitching, logos on the front seats, etc. Also, this would be the perfect time to add heating elements for the front seats. This option is also available from Mopar.

This is the route that I will take when I am ready to do this. Over on the Jeep Commander website, there are a few members that actually did the installation themselves. With the pictures they posted, I saw some wrinkles, which I would not be happy with; so I will have an upholstery shop do a professional installation. I would think that wrinkles would allow for premature wear! I need to find out if my local shop offers Katzkin or another manufacturer. There are a few other manufactures of leather seat covers for the Nitro. On ebay, do a search of "Dodge Nitro Leather Seats". There are links to their websites, or you can just ask the seller a question. I would guess that the closest match would be "charcoal" (dark slate gray) and "light gray" (light slate gray/graystone). If you go to the Mopar accessories site, the Katzins are listed with two prices: with or without dealer installation. I'm not sure that I would trust my dealer to do this, unless they have a qualified individual in the body shop. Good luck.
:cool:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My choice would be one-tone or two-tone combo with inserts perforation, Dodge logo and contrast stitch. I guess I prefer the one-tone in dark graphite. I've been to the Katzkin website and I have the pdf with all the options for Jeep and Dodge. By the way ... is the perforation of any use? I still don't if I should take the dark graphite or charcoal. I don't have the possibility to check the colors here in Austria. Nobody knows Katzkin or these Mopar accessories here.

I will also buy the Mopar heated front seats set. Will this set also include the OEM switches which will be located at the front dash panel beside the EPS and hazard lightning switches? The Mopar installation guide doesn't show these original switches at all.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
My choice would be one-tone or two-tone combo with inserts perforation, Dodge logo and contrast stitch. I guess I prefer the one-tone in dark graphite. I've been to the Katzkin website and I have the pdf with all the options for Jeep and Dodge. By the way ... is the perforation of any use? I still don't if I should take the dark graphite or charcoal. I don't have the possibility to check the colors here in Austria. Nobody knows Katzkin or these Mopar accessories here.

I will also buy the Mopar heated front seats set. Will this set also include the OEM switches which will be located at the front dash panel beside the EPS and hazard lightning switches? The Mopar installation guide doesn't show these original switches at all.
The heated seat kit comes with a set of switches which mount, with tape, to the console, by the shifter. If you were to utilize the switch panel on the lower dash, you would have to buy the panel that containes these switches, along with the necessary harness to connect the switches to the seats. You can not add switches to your panel - you have to replace your panel with the blanks with a panel that contains the seat switches. The heated seats from the factory are 2 stage - High and Low - whereas the Mopar kit, I believe, is 3 stage - High, Medium, and Low. So, I do not know if would be even possible to use the factory switches. Obviously, you are thinking like me, because I would like to utilize the factory switches, also.
As far as the color, I believe you want Charcoal. The interior of my 2011 is all one color, Dark Slate Gray, and the color the matches closest, IMHO, is charcoal.
Some of the manufacturers offer samples. Since you are so far away, see if they will send you a sample before you order.
I believe the perforation is for looks, but it would help to keep the seat cooler in the summer. In the Jeep Commander, the Base leather seats were non-perforated, but the Limited had perforations! The seats were the same - just the leather coverings were different.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thx for the info. So the Mopar heated seats are not identical with the OEM heated seats? Thats poor.

Of course I want the switches in the switch panel. I want it original style. No way to drill holes and to have different switches.

Isn't there a option to get the OEM heated seats? I thought Mopar are all original parts? How did other Dodge owners solve this problem?

Did you see the Katzkin colors yourself in real? I don't think they will send me some samples. They should know which colors matches the original interior.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Thx for the info. So the Mopar heated seats are not identical with the OEM heated seats? Thats poor.

Of course I want the switches in the switch panel. I want it original style. No way to drill holes and to have different switches.

Isn't there a option to get the OEM heated seats? I thought Mopar are all original parts? How did other Dodge owners solve this problem?

Did you see the Katzkin colors yourself in real? I don't think they will send me some samples. They should know which colors matches the original interior.
Go to: dodge.com
At the top, right side is a link: for owners. This takes you to the Mopar site.
There is a box on the right side: Find it, Buy it, Own it. This is a link to all the Dodge models.
Pick your year Nitro; pick parts or accessories.

You will find the the heating elements for the seats are not listed under parts, Front Seats. They are only listed under accessories. Bummer. Under instrument panel, there is no listing for the switch panel for the seats in the center stack.
I would guess that the heating panels are the same, but the controls are different. I'm having no luck finding the panel.
I did not see the Katzkin in person, only in pictures.
My interior is called dark slate gray. The light gray in the Jeep Commander is called Graystone, but it looks the same as the Light Slate Gray in a Nitro.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Under instrument panel, there is no listing for the switch panel for the seats in the center stack. I would guess that the heating panels are the same, but the controls are different. I'm having no luck finding the panel.
I ordered the panel including the heating switches at my Dodge dealer for 70 US. And I bought the Mopar heated seats kit at Ebay. Lets see if it works.

I also wrote to Katzkin but didn't get any answer yet. The Katzkin Interior Selector for other Jeep models like the Wrangler in Dark Slate Gray says that the correct color is Dark Graphite. Guess I will stay with this color in one-tone and R/T style and contrast dual stitching. Still don't know which color matches the Light Slate Gray for the contrast stitching.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I ordered the panel including the heating switches at my Dodge dealer for 70 US. And I bought the Mopar heated seats kit at Ebay. Lets see if it works.

I also wrote to Katzkin but didn't get any answer yet. The Katzkin Interior Selector for other Jeep models like the Wrangler in Dark Slate Gray says that the correct color is Dark Graphite. Guess I will stay with this color in one-tone and R/T style with perf inserts and light gray dual stitching.
Keep me posted as to whether the switch panel is compatible with the heater kit. I will wait to proceed until I hear how this works out for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just wanted to order my Katzkin seats at Shopsar, but they kind of changed their configurator and I really don't know what to answer:

- Is front lean back 'High' or 'Low'?
- What size are your front seats?
- What size is back seat lean back?
- What size is back seat cushion?

A few days ago their configurator was much easier and there weren't these seat questions, cause the Nitro has only one seat style since the start in 2006. Help! With the sample book I finally got the correct colors for the SXT with Dark Slate / Light Slate interior: Dark Graphite and Ash.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Are they the only seller you can buy from? Since these are made to order, they are trying to cover their butt! I have no idea what he is asking you!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
ShopSAR is the only seller that ships to Austria. Even Katzkin recommended to order at Katzkin Leather Seats, E&G Classic Grilles, Lloyd Floor Mats, and Chrome Auto Accessories
I just checked their web site. They are located just outside of New York City, on Long Island, not far from where I grew up. They seem to be a big organization, someone I would trust to do business. I would contact them again and ask for another CSR, someone with more experience; possibly someone who can decode what this new guy was asking for. Since you are so far away, they probably do not want to mess up your order, so I have to commend them for this. But, you have to understand what they are asking you. Thanks for the link. Now I know where to get my seats when I am ready, if my local upholstery shop does not carry Katzkins.
Possible explanation: low back vs high back bucket seats, does the back seat recline? These questions would seem to me to be irrelevant as I do not believe the design of the seats has change since the Nitro's introduction to the market. My front passenger seat has a plastic back and folds flat to make a desk/parcel shelf. Maybe this is what he is referring to. Also, maybe there is a difference between the US version and the export version, but I am not familiar with the export version's differences other than exterior modifications: lights, front bumper.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Aa for the colors. I will take One-Tone Dark Graphite with Contrast Double-Stitches in Ash and the Dodge Emblem (797) on the front seats leanback. I think that darker seats in R/T style will look cooler than Two-Tone leather in Dark Graphite with Ash inserts.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
It's no person who asked me these questions. It's the online configurator with more than enough answer options.

You can find these answer possibilities here:
2007 - 2009 Dodge Nitro SXT/SLT/RT Katzkin Leather Interior (2 row)
Thanks for the information. I checked it out this morning, and it very self explanatory. There is a link at the bottom of their home page: contact us, where you can email them any questions. Are you going to try to install these yourself, of is there a shop locally that can do this for you? Good luck.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
3 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing