Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do i get my new phone to work with new car

i got the Nitro, love it btw, and it was time to upgrade my phone so i got the razor with bluetooth. I matched it with the earpeicebut now how do i match it with the phone so ican talk hands free? Totally confused but love my new TRUCK that can hold kids.

·
Registered
6 Posts
pair the phone

You have to pair the phone (Only have to do this once). The U connect button will give you voice commands, you might have to tell your phone to search for bluetooth devices. Once they fine each other most phones are set on a password of of all zeros "0000" unles you changed it. Once they are paired when a call comes in you touch the u connect button to answer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
U-connect for pairing your phone

First, make sure you have the U-connect system. All of their radios come with the U-connect buttons but there's additional hardware that's needed for this to work.
Like the one post side press the U-connect button and follow the voice prompts but if you press the button and it says "Not Available" then you need to purchase the additional hardware. $165 to $249 depending on who and where you buy it from.

·
Registered
21 Posts
BurntOrange said:
First, make sure you have the U-connect system. All of their radios come with the U-connect buttons but there's additional hardware that's needed for this to work.
Like the one post side press the U-connect button and follow the voice prompts but if you press the button and it says "Not Available" then you need to purchase the additional hardware. $165 to $249 depending on who and where you buy it from.
Is this an easy install? I just got mine last night and they didn't have the U-connect on the one I wanted. Besides the different rear view mirror what else is needed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If your radio has the U-connect button the part number is #82210083.

The description says it has a "control pad," but mine did not, just a wiring harness, a microphone and a U-connect module that attaches to the back of the radio. I have heard people talk about the microphone in the review mirror with auto dimming (My R/T came with the auto dimming mirror, but did not have a built in microphone). The dealer sold me the unit for $239.00 (List $299.00) and I paid about $180.00 for them to install it.

You have to run the microphone up to the inside left "A pillar" or some people have put it in the center near the map lights. If you can install radios you should be able to do it. I didn't want to mess with taking the dash apart.

·
Super Moderator
23,332 Posts
Phone Pairing Instructions

Pairing your phone to UConnect consists of a few simple steps in the vehicle and on the phone.

UNIVERSAL PHONE PAIRING INSTRUCTIONS
In your vehicle
1. Press the UConnect button and follow the voice prompts.
2. Say "setup."
3. Say "phone pairing."
4. Say "pair a phone."
5. Say the 4-digit PIN number
6. Confirm the PIN number by saying "yes," to the prompt.
7. If asked, say a name for your device.
8. If asked, assign a priority level, 1 through 7, for your phone (priority one is the highest).
Continue pairing procedure on the phone (See your phone's owners manual for more details).
9. Power on your phone.
10. Go to the Settings, Connections or Bluetooth® menu.
11. Ensure that your phone's Bluetooth capability is powered on.
12. Select the option to add a new device.
13. Your phone will now search for a hands-free device.
14. UConnect should appear on the device list. Choose UConnect and select.
15. Enter the 4-digit PIN number from above. Press OK.
16. If required, enter or modify the desired NAME TAG (UConnect) in your phone.
17. If asked, say a name for your device.
18. If asked, assign a priority level, 1 through 7, for your phone (priority one is the highest).

Completing the Setup

19. When your phone is successfully paired with UConnect, your system will announce, "Pairing complete."
20. After the pairing is complete, and if required by your phone model, set Bluetooth security:

- Select UConnect in the Bluetooth menu on your phone
- Select properties to TRUSTED or AUTHORIZED

1 - 10 of 10 Posts