Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halo Headlights

Hi everyone. Where can I order Halo lights ( Projector lights) and some new fogs ?
Joe Bukal
Happy Dodge Owner :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Jas mate, they look awesome. They make the Nitro even more aggressive Grrrr :D

Any chance showing a picture or two of the light output against a white wall? I would really love to see the cut off / beam pattern.

I am interested in purchasing a pair of black projectors for my black ride;)

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts

Installed Lights: Hi Beams On

Installed Lights: Hi Beams On

When searching for complete projector headlamps for the Nitro I found these units that are really plug & play. The only hookup wiring needed is one black (ground) and one red (power) for the CCFL “Halo rings.

Hard to believe but CARiD offers not one but FOUR Projector Headlamps for the Nitro!

Crystal Clear Projector Headlights - Style A
THL-10470 (regular turn lamp bulb) May Be Discontinued

Black Projector Headlights - Style A
THL-10471 (regular turn lamp bulb)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Crystal Clear Projector Headlights - Style B
THL-10472 (LED type turn lamp assembly)

Black Projector Headlights - Style B
THL-10473 (LED type turn lamp assembly)

NOTE:

I called CARiD before ordering with several questions. I was informed that these units have a full two year replacement warranty and that both headlamp bulbs are replaceable. However, when I received my ordered units there was no warranty copy or install instructions. I contacted Steven Royzenshteyn and he confirmed their Policy of a two year warranty with an e-mail. When shopping for these types of headlamps keep in mind that some companies offer little or no warranty or will supply it, at an additional charge. For some reason (hopefully this will be corrected) there is no mention of this warranty coverage by CARiD (not by the manufacture) on their Web pages of these lamps. Also make sure you use Discount Coupons shown in our Supporting Vendors Section in comparing prices or ordering, as I did.

This is my second order from them and yes the Discount Coupon applies to your other non-Nitro vehicles, too! I ordered a pre-painted rear factory type rear spoiler for my Wife’s new 2010 Ford Taurus Limited. It was made in the USA (these lamps are not) and came with instructions and a color match guarantee and a 3 years warranty on the spoiler. To me warranty and customer service is a big concern and I have no problems recommending them. I posted install pictures of the spoiler over @ taurusclub.com Installed Rear Spoiler On 2010 Limited - Taurus Car Club of America and fordtaurus.net/ FordTaurus.net • Added Rear Spoiler - Ford Taurus Forum if you are interested.

As I have done in the past on other Nitro modifications, I will post a detailed picture install on how to remove your Nitro grille, and install these types of lamps to assist our members here, if you are considering updating your Nitro. I did receive e-mail instructions from CARiD per my request but it is of little use.
I am going to generate and forward an Instructions Thread to CARiD so they might use it as a reference in the future for other Nitro Owners.

Installing Dodge Nitro Projection Headlamps

Thread Link: http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/installing-dodge-nitro-projection-headlamps-4573/

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
"Low" (projector outside bulbs)[/COLOR]

"High" (inside lamps only)

As you can see there is a huge difference from what I had before especially going to high beams. This may be since I have two bulbs instead of the just one on each side, but they are not on together. Yes low beams (projector outside) goes off when you switch on "Hi" beams (inside). It appears that the right lamp may need to be adjusted but with it cold and snowy here today that can wait! At least you get the ideal!

I drove the car yesterday for about 70 miles on the Interstate and Local roads and did not have anyone object by flashing their lights, so it is a wait & see if these brighter and safer and way cooler looking lamps will become an issue.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
These are the versions I want :D

Rick, just out of interest there appears to be a gap on the trim panel above the front bumper. Its the one piece trim that sits below the headlights. Did you install this back properly?

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
These are the versions I want :D

Rick, just out of interest there appears to be a gap on the trim panel above the front bumper. Its the one piece trim that sits below the headlights. Did you install this back properly?
Good Eye! Yes I did not notice it after-the-fact (picture taking) and when I did I removed the top push plugs holding the grille and found I had pinched the side marker wiring harness on the right side and that kept the bottom from a flush mount as well as the right side too. Guess I was in a hurry, but really this is a two hour install or less, and this fix was five minutes or less. Didn't think anyone would notice except me! Wrong again!

Thanks for your post!

Frederick check out my other Thread on this lights if you have not already:
http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/installing-dodge-nitro-projection-headlamps-4573/

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good Eye! Yes I did not notice it after-the-fact (picture taking) and when I did I removed the top push plugs holding the grille and found I had pinched the side marker wiring harness on the right side and that kept the bottom from a flush mount as well as the right side too. Guess I was in a hurry, but really this is a two hour install or less, and this fix was five minutes or less. Didn't think anyone would notice except me! Wrong again!

Thanks for your post!

Frederick check out my other Thread on this lights if you have not already:
http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/installing-dodge-nitro-projection-headlamps-4573/
Thanks for the write up and the advise about masking the prone areas with painter tape a very good idea.
I really need a pair of those headlights :)

That link comes back here?

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts
Thanks for the write up and the advise about masking the prone areas with painter tape a very good idea.

Sorry for the confusion Frederick, but I created TWO Threads on Nitro Projector Headlamps on purpose.

ONE about these types of lights, how they look installed; four options available; warranty and price.

TWO is if are considering purchasing them or have, how to install them.

I will edit both Threads to make this more clear. Thanks again for your comments.

Fredrick weather here in Indiana has not been the norm this year. I was in a hurry to take pictures the same night as my hurry-up install with snow in the forecast. I really didn't notice the grille was not properly installed until I noticed the right upper side had a gap and by correcting that it corrected headlamp alignment also. Usually Winter doesn't start so cold here, but I ended up installing a special ordered patio storm door(s) when the high temp was 14 degrees!

·
Super Moderator
23,009 Posts

Sorry for the confusion Frederick, but I created TWO Threads on Nitro Projector Headlamps on purpose.

ONE about these types of lights, how they look installed; four options available; warranty and price. http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/dodge-nitro-projector-headlamps-4572/index2.html#post10102 (This Thread)

TWO is if are considering purchasing them or have, how to install them. http://www.dodge-nitro.com/forums/f14/installing-dodge-nitro-projection-headlamps-4573/

I will edit both Threads to make this more clear. Thanks again for your comments.

Fredrick weather here in Indiana has not been the norm this year. I was in a hurry to take pictures the same night as my hurry-up install with snow in the forecast. I really didn't notice the grille was not properly installed until I noticed the right upper side had a gap and by correcting that it corrected headlamp alignment also. Usually Winter doesn't start so cold here, but I ended up installing a special ordered patio storm door(s) when the high temp was 14 degrees!

·
Registered
4 Posts
My projector hid headlamp not workin well..

H.I.D Headlamp with halo bi xenon on ebay (...HELP...)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi plz someone help me..

i bougth this from ebay.
2 SET HID 07+ DODGE NITRO CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT - eBay (item 360299500559 end time Oct-10-10 13:08:49 PDT)
when ill contect them to the original harnest the ligts will only work peopertly when the car is not running.. but when ill start the car they only work for about 10 sec then they are flickering for a wile then they go off.
t
pls some one help me.. with som diagram how i chuld conect the cabels or so on..

im from Norway so my inglish writining is not so werry good

p.s
the firm ill bougth the hid lamps from send me digital ballasts but this do not work either..

My car is an Dodge Nitro SXT 4x4 2007 with europ version diesel 2.8 L 177 hp and 460 nm of tork.

If i install ballast from 35W to 50W then they work but not good a bit flickering in the rigth side..

my car comes with an H4 Socet with 55W/60W bulbs standard..

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
23 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing