Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Dear Nitro North Norway

I did not first respond since I thought you had added just the H.I.D. bulbs and not the whole headlamp assemblies as I did. Just replacing the bulbs has been an issue for some and did require some modifications to work. As far as adding the complete headlamp assemblies as I did they should be just plug-n-play. Same wiring harness and same plugs using the same switch! NO MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED (at least on the Nitro USA vehicles).

It sounds like you may have a overload. If you unplug one lamp when in operation does this allow the other lamp to stay on and operate correctly?

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Dear Nitro North Norway

Your Lamps:

2 SET HID 07+ DODGE NITRO CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT: eBay Motors (item 360299500559 end time Oct-10-10 13:08:49 PDT)

My Lamps:

http://www.carid.com/2007-dodge-nitro-headlights/cg-ccfl-halo-led-projector-headlights-258704.html
low T-5 55W
T-3 ½ hi beam bulb 55W
Projector Headlights are completely DOT compliant.

In reviewing the two light sets they do look the same but look to use different bulbs and yours do not state they are DOT compliant. I suspect that may be the issue. Since they are guaranteed 1 year (mine 2) they need to correct or return as defective.

Will do some checking for you as to what you can do and will reply later.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Nitro North Norway

I did not first respond since I thought you had added just the H.I.D. bulbs and not the whole headlamp assemblies as I did. Just replacing the bulbs has been an issue for some and did require some modifications to work. As far as adding the complete headlamp assemblies as I did they should be just plug-n-play. Same wiring harness and same plugs using the same switch! NO MODIFICATIONS ARE REQUIRED (at least on the Nitro USA vehicles).

It sounds like you may have a overload. If you unplug one lamp when in operation does this allow the other lamp to stay on and operate correctly?

Nope its the same shi.... but went to an electric ekspert and hi told me that my car have canbus system in it.. The scope he used was sending an heart beat rytem pulsing look alike power to the headlamps.. it ppeked under 9 volts.. upp to 14.75 volts ...

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
So did he fix the problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dear Nitro North Norway

Your Lamps:

2 SET HID 07+ DODGE NITRO CCFL HALO PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT: eBay Motors (item 360299500559 end time Oct-10-10 13:08:49 PDT)

My Lamps:

JDM Black with LEDs and Clear Projector (CCFL) - 2007 Dodge Nitro Projector Headlights
low T-5 55W
T-3 ½ hi beam bulb 55W
Projector Headlights are completely DOT compliant.

In reviewing the two light sets they do look the same but look to use different bulbs and yours do not state they are DOT compliant. I suspect that may be the issue. Since they are guaranteed 1 year (mine 2) they need to correct or return as defective.

Will do some checking for you as to what you can do and will reply later.
Hi and thx.. soo far:):)

My Headlights are completely DOT compliant it is writen in the glass..
but i got the H.I.D thats not working rigth.. the Halo Rings works fine all the time..

but when i change the H.I.D Ballasts to 50 W the are working all the time. And my dealer in town sayes the lightening module will brake down if ill use this for a period time..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Projector head lamps

Looking to find projector head lamps has anyone found them would love them on my charcoal gray pearl 2011 Nitro Heat 3.7 just orderd Hipnotic C-note black and chrome 20" rims and just installed chrome rams head hood orniment
still waiting on chrome for mirrors and door handles:cool:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
How about a Powder blue. Be a nice contrast to the darker blue. NOT black.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Projector headlamps for Nitro

Hey wow thanks for the info and the step by step was great does anyone know if the head lamp assembly has changed any because all they offer is headlamps for 07-09 Dodge Nitro have not added 2010 or 2011 as mine is a 2011 I am wondering if this headlamp will work?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Hey wow thanks for the info and the step by step was great does anyone know if the head lamp assembly has changed any because all they offer is headlamps for 07-09 Dodge Nitro have not added 2010 or 2011 as mine is a 2011 I am wondering if this headlamp will work?:confused:
ALL US Nitros have the same factory headlamp assemblies (2007/2011)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Profection headlamps

Wow when I replyed you where off line but here you are and with great news I can't thak you enough for being there for all of us you are our own personal Guru!!:D

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Wow when I replyed you where off line but here you are and with great news I can't thak you enough for being there for all of us you are our own personal Guru!!:D

gypzboyz
Also you might want to check the price on these from one of our Vendor Sponsors (carID) , if you have not already, and use our Discount Code. Thanks for the kind words! Good Luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Projection headlights

Oh my God I did it and Wow what a differance it has made to my Nitro thank you Rickaren for the doit yourself pics and all the advice. I got them from CarID and got the discount the great customer sevice was free it all in all was a very easy fix here are some before and after pics of my 2011 Dodge Nitro Heat with the charcole gray pearl.:cool:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Glad to help and I love mine too! Guess it is not really needed but you could edit your post with "Before" & "After" under pictures your on your 2011 Nitro.

Thanks for your post and pictures and kind words!

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Great re-post! Thanks!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
23 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing