Dodge Nitro Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope its the same shi.... but went to an electric ekspert and hi told me that my car have canbus system in it.. The scope he used was sending an heart beat rytem pulsing look alike power to the headlamps.. it ppeked under 9 volts.. upp to 14.75 volts ...
Nitro north Norway, you need to access the lighting module with a CDA software and turn on HID option. The dealer can do that for you. Or if you have a friend with the CDA SW and a Vector card... In the same module the voltage should be set 13.2 V. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Those lights look sweet!
I found the same black ones (they also come with a chrome housing) for $289 on ebay, which includes shipping! These are made by Angel Eyes, a company out of Louisiana, that does halo conversions for the Jeep Commander. A very respectable company. With the Commander, you had to purchase the Halos, and install them yourself, as they do not make a projector version for the Commander. Very straight forward instructions. There was an option to ship your light housings to them and they would do the conversion for you. I like these for the Nitro - plug and play. The black will look good on my Silver Nitro. All things in time!
:cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discount Code

Please forgive me for i just joined today and read about discount codes and i am not familar with this.Are members allowed to take advantage of this code or is there other stipulations. Thanks Civpol

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Please forgive me for i just joined today and read about discount codes and i am not familar with this.Are members allowed to take advantage of this code or is there other stipulations. Thanks Civpol
Go for it and as I explained I even used it for non-Nitro purchases from one of our Supporting Vendors here, CARiD.com.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You can polish the covers on your car's headlights to a clean, clear state without having to replace the entire. Sprucing up your car headlights helps improve your vehicle's visibility from the driver's seat and on the road. Polishing takes just a couple minutes and some elbow grease, dependent upon how bad the damage is. Resource for this article: How-To: Polishing your headlights. Headlights, the lamps at the foremost end of the car, provide illumination for you whilst you drive on dark roads or during rainy weather.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi - Im wanting to install a set of these aftermarket lights on my right hand drive nitro but im concerned as to how adjustable the light spray patterns are - as we drive on the opposite side of the road, the right hand headlight needs to point LOWER than the left hand - the opposite to what these lights show. To those of you that have them, are they adjustable to any great degree? Thanks in advance!

AL

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Hi - Im wanting to install a set of these aftermarket lights on my right hand drive nitro but im concerned as to how adjustable the light spray patterns are - as we drive on the opposite side of the road, the right hand headlight needs to point LOWER than the left hand - the opposite to what these lights show. To those of you that have them, are they adjustable to any great degree? Thanks in advance!

AL
The are adjustable to some extent as all US headlamps are. Would they work on RHD I don't know, but maybe your local Chrysler Parts Dealer would. See if they list a different part # for RHD for your Nitro. Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts

AL
Hi Al. I did finally purchase a set with the black housings. The pattern is weird in that there is a definite drop off so as to not blind oncoming traffic. I could not get them even, so I took it to my Dealer's Body Shop, and they adjusted them for me. They told me that this was the way they were designed to be. There is a lot of adjustment. I am aware of at least on person in Australia with them, so I am sure that they will work for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a lot of adjustment. I am aware of at least on person in Australia with them, so I am sure that they will work for you.

Thanks for the reply dhh3. Specifically which headlights did you get? Ive seen 4 varieties from one manufacurer and 2 varieties from another. Exactly which set did you buy and where from? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
All that I remember was that I purchased them from an ebay dealer in Missouri. I am sorry that I do not remember their name. You are correct. There are 4 styles: Black background with LED signals, Black background with conventional signals, Chrome Background with LED signals, and Chrome background with conventional signals. As I mentioned, I went with the Black background with conventional signal lights.

One thing to remember, these are all made by the same manufacturer. Just go with the best price + shipping. There are no installation instructions. They just plug into the factory connectors. You do have to wire the halos. There is a positive and negative wire from each ballast. I wired them into the side marker lights with quick disconnects so I could remove the units when I have to change a burnt bulb.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
UPDATE:Nitro Projector Headlamps

10/31/2014

When I noticed that my right halo lights had failed (after all this time) my first thought was to check out replacement Nitro projector lamps available now in 2014, if need be. I quickly found that my original aftermarket lamps from TDM were not available. It is unimaginable how many manufactures there appears to be for lights that all look the same. It is hard to believe that they are not all produced by the same manufacturer! Even harder to understand are their prices and factory warranty. Many only have a factory warranty of 30 days, with some offering 60 or only 90 days! My previous set had a full ONE YEAR manufacture warranty at no additional cost. Now some sellers of these lights will sell you an extended warranty to increase the manufacture warranty from 30/60 days to a full year’s coverage for an additional charge of $30 to $60 dollars. What a rip-off!

I was only able to find that ANZO USA manufactures Dodge Nitro Projectors Halo headlamps backed by a one year warranty.

As far as to what choices you presently have when purchasing Nitro Projector Lamps they have not changed. You have the choice of:

Black or

Chrome

Amber Turn Light Bulbs or

LED Turn Lamps

I prefer the amber LED Turn Lamps that upgrade the Nitro to many of the newest modes now on the road. This option is not available from all manufactures or sellers and may increase the cost from some. The other disadvantage may be if they fail they might not be repairable as just changing the amber bulb on the others.

Below are Links for Halo Nitro Projector Headlamps from one of this Sites Supporting Vendors, CARiD. Since they offer Price Match within one year of purchase I have found they are a Site to check out for all Nitro aftermarket needs.

Anzo® - Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights

Anzo® - Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights G2

Anzo® - Chrome CCFL Halo Projector Headlights May Be Disconnected

Anzo® - Chrome CCFL Halo Projector Headlights G2

I was able to repair my failed halo lamps at very minimum cost and did not even have to pop-out the grille or headlamp assembly. (see next post)

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Ccfl halo ring repair

CCFL HALO RING REPAIR

11/01/2014

Several things went through my mind when my right Halo lamps stopped working; my first thought was hopefully maybe a loose connection? Am I going to need to pop-out the grill and remove the headlamp assembly and will I need to purchase new complete projector headlamps?

Since the failed light was on the right side and I have the MOPAR Cold-Air-Intake System installed, there is considerable room (unlike the driver’s side) to view behind the headlamp. No loose connections but maybe it could be this Headlight CCFL Inverter Angel Eyes Halo Rings Ballast?

Since these units on my headlamps are wired in I really could not exchange it with the left so I decide to try and find a replacement. Great news I found a set of two (2X JDM HIGH POWER CCFL HALO RING DEVIL ANGEL EYES LIGHT INVERTERS BALLAST 12V) at less than $10 dollars with free shipping. At that price it was sure worth a try, and they had JDM on them the same name as my lights that seems to no longer be available.

These replacement ballasts are designed to be plugged in but mine were wired in. Replacing it would have been a snap if I could have just unplugged the original one and plugged in the new one, but I had to cut off the plug that feeds both halo lights (4 white wires) and installed blue size male and female spade terminals. After checking out the replacement ballast install I found this corrected the failed lamps!

I finished up the install my installing shrink tubing to cover and weatherproof all new connections.

I would think that these inverters ballasts are universal in nature but having one spare for the left headlamp now, I decided to order another two at this price ($5 each) just-in-case if needed in the future.

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
How To Replace Headlight Inverters

Published on Sep 6, 2012

This guide explains how to properly wire aftermarket headlamps equipped with LEDs and explains how to replace the LEDs in most Spyder Auto headlights.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
About this Discussion
64 Replies
23 Participants
rickaren
Dodge Nitro Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Dodge Nitro SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing