Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kicker/Mopar OEM Audio Upgrade

Kicker and Mopar have released OEM Upgrade 77KICK19 subwoofer enclosure.

77KICK19small.JPG

For more info see link below

w ww.nitroforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/member.php?uid=1263&protype=1

·
Registered
10 Posts
sub size?

what size is the sub that comes in the nitro as standard? I am hoping to replace it with an alpine x type but not sure whether its 10 or 12 inches and if there is enough room. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I beleive for the upgraded sound system, it come with either and 8 or 10, but im leaning toward a 10. If you have the stock system, there is no woofer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look for mtx sub form enclosures, sometimes u can get a replacement stock sub box enclosure with a aftermarket box that will fit right into the size, and possibly upgrade to a ten or 12 depending on the depth of the sub..I got the slt package and i think it's a ten " in the side. I'd call yr local audio place, like say best buy or where ever, usually custom private shops are great for that stuff, could make u up one or even have pre made from companies like mtx to drop right in..I'll be putting in upgraded door mids and hopefully a single 12 or a very powerfull ten in the side..I have a ten kicking around here at my place..

·
Registered
11 Posts
jas_Oz said:
hmm..fill me in on these ideas ;)
I like the boom, always have. And every vehicle I have gets them.:D

Anyway, I have a pair of 12" Kicker L7s that I'm putting in. I had them in my truck, rofl.

Just seeing how I can do it. I thought of replacing the whole system but this system sounds ok so far. But I don't know if I want to pull apart my truck/suv again, hehe. It's work no doubt, but my old truck was pretty nice.

I have this formula with 2 15 L7s in it. You should hear that, hehe, but that's beside the point.

I listen to everything for what it's worth but mostly country. We shall see soon, but those 2 12" L7s are going in for sure.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stock Speakers?

Just curious but what brand are the stock SLT speakers in the Nitro, Buddy of mine said they were Infinity but I can seem to find that out anywhere on the WEB.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Chrysler claims that the high end system with subwoofer are all Infinity. However the stickers on the speakers all say Mopar, except the subwoofer that does say Infinity.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Chrysler claims that the high end system with subwoofer are all Infinity. However the stickers on the speakers all say Mopar, except the subwoofer that does say Infinity.
So in a Nut shell what your saying is that only the R/T and or special Speaker packages contain Infinity speakers?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well the good thing is that they still sound pretty good for no name speakers.
Agreed. I haven't felt the need to replace them or anything ... and I have the low end factory unit.

I may replace the head unit with something better, but then maybe not ... I like not having to worry about someone stealing the thing. If I replace it, I'll always have to take the removable faceplate with me ... which is sometimes a hassle, such as when going to a baseball game, and not having a jacket with a pocket to tuck it into!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Agreed. I haven't felt the need to replace them or anything ... and I have the low end factory unit.

I may replace the head unit with something better, but then maybe not ... I like not having to worry about someone stealing the thing. If I replace it, I'll always have to take the removable faceplate with me ... which is sometimes a hassle, such as when going to a baseball game, and not having a jacket with a pocket to tuck it into!
I definatly agree. Also I wouldn't recieve reception from my sirius radio.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I also have the low end stock speakers, and I think they sound great. They can get a good thump going with the rap music, yet still sound good blasting country at full volume. I can't complain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with the high end speakers... I've always had systems in my vehicles and the Infinity that comes stock in the Nitro has satisfied me enough to keep from buying after market. The thought still crosses my mind about throwing some subs in the back, even though I have the factory sub. Sound quality gets an A+ in my book. It doesn't take much of a stereo to sound good in an open air space suv either!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts