Dodge Nitro Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, My 07 3.4L has a leaky power steering line. I have included a pic of the rack and it is the small steel line that runs ontop of the rack from the ledt side to the pinion. Went to several car part stores and no one could help me, not even the dealership. Its the small steel line that runs from one end of the rack to the other end where the pinion is. small section rusted away and is pissing out a nice stream of fluid. Im in Ontario, Canada, but have been checking Rockauto.com and nothing exists.
Has anyone had this issue yet? or where can I find one?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts

Yes that steel line is only available as part of the rack assembly. Don't know if you could find someone to make one up these days?

Re-manufactured ones look as the way to go at just over $200 here in the US with 3 year guarantee and free shipping. Don't know about in Canada but do an "Online" search. Don't think a junk yard would be worth all the effort but could be cheaper but now-a-day they know what that rack assembly costs new (over $500) so it is harder to find any thing really cheap.

The above quot was from http://www.buyautoparts.com/international.htm and they do ship to Canada but I would think you should be able to find a like deal in Canada too. Good Luck sorry but this is the way things are more and more.

P.S. Could you drive to Detroit Michigan? Found one there listed on E-bay for $150 with lifetime guarantee, new re-manufactured. Sounds better? (Says free shipping in US)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just got off the phone with a garage that specializes in steering, he said this is a common problem and for $50 he will solder with a liquid metal and is good for 1500psi. has done 100's of cars and never had any issues. Worth a try for $50

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
just got off the phone with a garage that specializes in steering, he said this is a common problem and for $50 he will solder with a liquid metal and is good for 1500psi. has done 100's of cars and never had any issues. Worth a try for $50
WOW great news! Down here in the U.S they want $100 to do an estimate for repairs. Sounds like a garage for any future repairs needed on your Nitro. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW great news! Down here in the U.S they want $100 to do an estimate for repairs. Sounds like a garage for any future repairs needed on your Nitro. Thanks for your reply.
FYI, to this older post. When I visited this custom steering place and he saw the line I needed, instead of repairing it for $50, he had a spare line in great condition off of a jeep liberty, it was the exact one I needed. He charged me $30. It's been great ever since.

Thanks for the update that may help others. Great News and thanks for the post!

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Power Steering Leak Fix: 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Power Steering Leak Fix: 2007-2011 Dodge Nitro

Video Description

Watch the video above to see how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks in your 2010 Dodge Nitro. The power steering fluid helps make your Nitro easier to turn, especially at lower speeds. If you aren't sure what type of fluid is leaking from your car, check our What is Leaking? video to help determine the type of fluid leaking from your Nitro. Power steering fluid is generally clear, pink or red and is oily to the touch. If the steering wheel is difficult to turn or you noticed power steering fluid leaking from your Nitro, use the video above to see where the power steering fluid reservoir in your 2010 Nitro is located and how to fix minor power steering fluid leaks.

A small power steering fluid leak can make your Nitro difficult to turn. When you check your power steering fluid level, make sure your Nitro is parked on a level surface with the 4.0 liter engine turned off. We recommend wearing safety glasses and gloves when dealing with any engine fluids.

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
HOW to install powersteering belt 07 DODGE NITRO 4.0

Apr 30, 2018
hello everyone!!

here is a quick video just to share the way to install the powersteering belt

this was done on a 07 dodge nitro 4.0

i hope this can be helpful to you

·
Super Moderator
23,128 Posts
Power steering stretch fit belt

Apr 18, 2019
Power steering stretch fit belt replacement 2008 Dodge Nitro 4.0L Serpentine belt too. If you are wondering how to install or remove or replace a part on your car, I hope this video will help show you how to change it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts