Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
wooow...i'm trying the same thing. on the phone w/apple right now & while waiting decided to check here. I'm kinda disappointed - i was sure the iphone would work w/UConnect in my Nitro. My Motorola RAZR worked great! Of course I don't have it now! Hope it gets straightened out. If I happen to find something that will work I'll be sure to post. Wendy

·
Registered
1 Posts
iphone not working with Uconnect

Im having the same problem in my new nitro. Iphone pairs fine with uconnect and when i ask Uconnect to make a call, it "beeps" twice and the system goes back to the radio, but the call still goes through just on the phone and not on Uconnect. The dealer tried the system on other phones and it worked, so its a problem between Iphone and Uconnect. Help anyone!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
MyGig Updates

you need this to make your iPhone work.

jeep.i-thrash.net/bin/mygig/NTG4_9.561.zip

Download it, unzip it, burn the files to a CD named the file name NTG4_9.561, be sure to use a quality disc and burn it on a slow speed setting. Insert it into your MyGig and follow the on screen directions.

:D

P.S. I'm over from the Jeep Wrangler JK forums to share this...

·
Registered
1 Posts
kthrash said:
you need this to make your iPhone work.

Download it, unzip it, burn the files to a CD named the file name NTG4_9.561, be sure to use a quality disc and burn it on a slow speed setting. Insert it into your MyGig and follow the on screen directions.

:D

P.S. I'm over from the Jeep Wrangler JK forums to share this...
Did it worked?

·
Registered
44 Posts
MyGIG nag screen automatically disappears with latest update

Not sure yet if this is going to be the case on the Nitro versions of MyGIG, but the latest application software update (v9.561) eliminates having to constantly press the "Accept" button everytime you start the vehicle or turn on the nav. The screen now automatically disappears after a few seconds (yes!!!). This has so far been verified on the 2008 Grand Cherokee and 2007-2008 Wrangler.

The main reason for the update was to address the iPhone issues, which it fixed along with a few other bugs.

Here is a link for the download:

Unzip the files to your Hard drive and burn them to a CD data disc:

1. Data Disc name needs to be NTG4_9.561

2. Root directory MUST contain only one folder and two files:

BECKER (folder)
CD_INFO.CDI
CONFIG.CDI

Load the CD in your MyGIG radio and the update will automatically start once the disc is reconized. Updating will take around 10 minutes or so and a progress screen is displayed.

--RS--

·
Registered
141 Posts
I did this update. On the Nitro, it does not eliminate the "Accept" button. Well, it does eliminate it if you are really really fast in and out of your Nitro, that is under 60 seconds. Over an minute with the key removed the nag screen is back.

Depending on your download speed, it could take some time. I have not seen every screen, but everything that I have looked at works. I don't know if this changed anything with the way you can setup play lists or not. I have not seen any errors caused by this updated software.

Tim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bummer, I figured it would still be there, but it would at least fade away by itself, without having to push the button.
Oh, well.

:(

·
Registered
44 Posts
MyBluNITRO said:
I did this update. On the Nitro, it does not eliminate the "Accept" button....
Hmm, maybe you have a very early production radio as 2007-2008 Wranglers are reporting success with the screen auto-disappearing, and Wrangler's use same radios as Nitro's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
These are posts I have had on the Nitro pages and I am looking for help any where I can find it.

#1 Oh Boy I need help. I downloaded the update 9.56-- and burned the cdr. MyGig recognized the disk and asked if I wanted to update (which I did) and now I get serious error 2020 & serious error 2202. I cannot get the disk to eject or the screen to even open. I have tried pulling the fuse to no avail. The MyGig will re-boot in update mode but will not go past the serious errors. How do I get the disk out? I am burning a new disk and need to get the old one out. I am quite computer savvy and am sure the disk was done properly. Please help! My MyGig is currently a high priced night light

#2 Display will not open. I have tried to do the manual disk removal method but nothing happens. It just resets and tries to install update again and again each time stopping at error 2020 followed by a re-boot and error 2202 and re-boots again. I am at a loss.

#3 I have pulled the fuse and it restarts itself when I put the fuse back in, but with the same errors each time. I have done this more times than I can count and no success. I neglected to finalize the cd that is currently in the disk drive. I think if there is some way to get the disk out and put in a new cd that is finalized it may make a difference. The update process locks out the buttons, though. I have tried the manual cd removal but the front screen will not open. Where would I go to find a technical manual on MyGig? The owners manual is no help whatsoever.

#4 I have gently tried to push & pull the screen slide but it seems to be locked up tight. I am going to see what the dealer tells me tomorrow and then I will be back here tomorrow. I found someone else who had the same problem on Apple computer's forum about a week ago, but they have not posted any fix for the problem. I definitely will post my findings

·
Registered
3 Posts
MyGig Serious Errors

These are posts I have had on the Nitro pages and I am looking for help any where I can find it.

#1 Oh Boy I need help. I downloaded the update 9.56-- and burned the cdr. MyGig recognized the disk and asked if I wanted to update (which I did) and now I get serious error 2020 & serious error 2202. I cannot get the disk to eject or the screen to even open. I have tried pulling the fuse to no avail. The MyGig will re-boot in update mode but will not go past the serious errors. How do I get the disk out? I am burning a new disk and need to get the old one out. I am quite computer savvy and am sure the disk was done properly. Please help! My MyGig is currently a high priced night light

#2 Display will not open. I have tried to do the manual disk removal method but nothing happens. It just resets and tries to install update again and again each time stopping at error 2020 followed by a re-boot and error 2202 and re-boots again. I am at a loss.

#3 I have pulled the fuse and it restarts itself when I put the fuse back in, but with the same errors each time. I have done this more times than I can count and no success. I neglected to finalize the cd that is currently in the disk drive. I think if there is some way to get the disk out and put in a new cd that is finalized it may make a difference. The update process locks out the buttons, though. I have tried the manual cd removal but the front screen will not open. Where would I go to find a technical manual on MyGig? The owners manual is no help whatsoever.

#4 I have gently tried to push & pull the screen slide but it seems to be locked up tight. I am going to see what the dealer tells me tomorrow and then I will be back here tomorrow. I found someone else who had the same problem on Apple computer's forum about a week ago, but they have not posted any fix for the problem. I definitely will post my findings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nitro - iPhone - Mygig FIX

All...

I just had the dealer perform the software upgrade on the Mygig unit in my '07 Nitro SLT. The iPhone now works very well! No charge. Finally, a fix!

·
Registered
18 Posts
increasing factory radio reception?

Is there any way to help boost the radio reception of the stock radio for the Nitro?
Any factory or after market part I can add to get a little more range. I have a good radio station just barely out of my radio's range. Drives me crazy.
thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
1. I have had the presets on the radio, both satelite and regular radio, clear four times now. My voice dials have cleared twice and I am getting frustrated with it. Of course when I brought it is there was nothing.

2. I have had the display totally clear but the radio/sat still working and providing sound. The buttons still work and after a few restarts it will display again.

Has anyone has these issues?

·
Super Moderator
23,465 Posts
1. I have had the presets on the radio, both satelite and regular radio, clear four times now. My voice dials have cleared twice and I am getting frustrated with it. Of course when I brought it is there was nothing.

2. I have had the display totally clear but the radio/sat still working and providing sound. The buttons still work and after a few restarts it will display again.

Has anyone has these issues?
Don't know what year you have or build date, but could the TSB # 08-025-07A upgrade disk help? Check it out here:

http://www.dodge-nitro.com/dodge-nitro/f11/complete-list-all-nitro-technical-service-bulletins-413/

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Gig Nav question

is there a way to add customer POI into the My gig system?
I know I can do it manually but I have 4000+ to enter.
Other systems I can upload either an excel file or proprietary file to the GPS unit but am not finding any info for the My GIG to be able to.

Thanks in advance for any info

21 - 40 of 150 Posts