Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 40 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
re: Upgrading to a MyGig radio

I have been researching nonstop for the past 2 days. So to sum it up in a nut shell. unless you have the mirror with auto glare reduction, you do not have uconnect. To add to the dissapointement this is a factory install only.
theres an optional uconnect from the dealership you can purchase but it doesnt utilize the existing buttons or the cars sound system. its a stand alone mod. Im pretty fustrated as i was told the vehicle i purchased had uconnect. Why wouldnt i believe him the buttons were there. Ims till looking into this to see if theres an aftermarket option.

·
Registered
4 Posts

i picked one up on my way home from the dealership. simply remove the sd card and place it in the new phone. Still trying to figure out why the uconn buttons are there if the service isnt.

·
Registered
56 Posts

I was at the dealer this morning. They said the Uconnect module will work with any of the radios that have the Uconnect buttons on them. Their expecting the module to be released before too long but didn't have a date.

·
Registered
4 Posts

wow theres a bit of light at the end of the tunnel. If you get a chance ask them if it installs a new mirror with microphone or is it the mopar after market one the dealership normally installs. I was hoping they would eventually install the factory one at the dealership. i have found a ton of forum threads on this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please help: Wanting aftermarket screens with stock DVD player

I want to put headrest screens in my new Nitro R/T. The truck came with stock 6 disc CD/DVD/MP3 in the dash. No one can tell me if this can be done. I want to keep the stock radio but can't seem to find out any info. Can anyone help me??? Please???? :eek:

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
Re: Please help: Wanting aftermarket screens with stock DVD player

Hi Estella and welcome. Unfortunately, as with any new auto model, the info and new aftermarket products are slow to come. Hang in there and keep trying!

·
Registered
2 Posts

haley112899 said:
I want to put headrest screens in my new Nitro R/T. The truck came with stock 6 disc CD/DVD/MP3 in the dash. No one can tell me if this can be done. I want to keep the stock radio but can't seem to find out any info. Can anyone help me??? Please???? :eek:
I have the 2007 Nitro and dvd still does not work with aftermarket headrest monitors. I have receive audio no video. Salesman didn't not acknowledge or respond when asked about the dvd player working with aftermark monitors.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have 2007 Nitro and the cd/dvd/mp3 still does not work with aftermarket headrest monitors. Waiting for someone to give me the answer. Disappointed in salesman that was asked if this would work and response was yes.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Re: MyGig

they have been available for order since jan 8 2007
mine was the second one built with MyGiG (pilot build) that was jan 21 and i had it on jan 28 they have built a limited amount since then and seem to have units coming in from the supplier
they are available and being installed at that factory

·
Registered
2 Posts

I ordered mine on 1/5 and was just told today from my dealer that it's scheduled for shipping on 3/23. I'll believe it when I see it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I have an SLT and it came with the 6 CD changer radio. Can I order the MyGig through the dealer and have it installed??

·
Registered
44 Posts

Orlando said:
I have an SLT and it came with the 6 CD changer radio. Can I order the MyGig through the dealer and have it installed??
Yes, absolutely. I'm not sure if units are available yet for dealers to order separately, I'd have to check as availability has been limited due to a couple of early issues that have since been resolved.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Hey Warrior Bob how goes it. I get my nitro in less that 2 weeks i dont know which i was counting down to. Coming home from the middle east or till i can drive my Nitro. I know you got the Mygig and you were having issues with it at first. becuase it didnt come with the manual. How is it working out for you now. I really hope that since i have waited so long i got the manual. But is the navigation on mygig all that its cracked up to be? Realtime Traffic and all? I really want to know more about it and since your one of the first to play with it come on man give us the skinny. Oh yeah still thinking about figuring how to start a Nitro Car Club

Grant

·
Registered
88 Posts

gunmate1 said:
Hey Warrior Bob how goes it. I get my nitro in less that 2 weeks i dont know which i was counting down to. Coming home from the middle east or till i can drive my Nitro. I know you got the Mygig and you were having issues with it at first. becuase it didnt come with the manual. How is it working out for you now. I really hope that since i have waited so long i got the manual. But is the navigation on mygig all that its cracked up to be? Realtime Traffic and all? I really want to know more about it and since your one of the first to play with it come on man give us the skinny. Oh yeah still thinking about figuring how to start a Nitro Car Club

Grant
only the first 10 Nitros off the line with MyGiG did not recieve the manual (my friend at the plant sent me one overnight mail the next day. they have that problem fixed and all are now getting the Navigation manual in their vehicles

the nav is great both voice command and if you input the info by hand. their is alot more then i can tell you about here, its a learning process as to how everything works and all the options it has.

last weekend i had to take a road trip to pick up a trailer (about 150 miles round trip) i used the nav to get me there and it did very well. to get home i used the (get me home option) and it plotted a different route because of traffic
this weekend i used the nav to get me to the airport here and it routed me around road contrtuction

i love it and now that i have it..........its one of those items that you wonder how you lived without it

let us all know when you get home and then get your new baby!!

and THANK YOU for serving and protecting this great country of the United States

·
Registered
24 Posts

No problem WarriorBOB when i get back i will grab the camera and take some pics for everyone. I think mine is going to look alot like yours i dont remember if you have the 20's or not but i think i have most of the same options you do. But i will post some pics when i get back and pick it up. Its going to be great. 1 week from today and i get my baby. Get off a 14 hour flight and first priority is to head to the dealer and pick it up. I really can't wait.

Grant

·
Registered
12 Posts
anyone know if the MyGig is available. I have had my loaded R/T , leather, etc and a due bill for the MyGig. No one knows if it is available, the dealers can not get a correct answer, etc. Help....please reply to [email protected]

21 - 40 of 88 Posts