Dodge Nitro Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2007 Nitro (preowned) only after discovering a tranny fluid leak and wanting to monitor the fluid level did I realize it had no dipstick. After doing some searching online for one I found one for a 2007 Dakota (same tranny number). Being used and no longer under factory warranty anyway I figured no big deal. I did have the dealer service the transmission then went home to try my dipstick. Guess what? It read full. I hope this helps other facing the same dilemma
Did you replace the transmission, so really there's no way to check the fluid level on a 07 nitro

·
Super Moderator
23,434 Posts
Dodge Nitro: Where, Oh Where Is My Transmission Dipstick??

Old Thread above, sorry it was hard to find.

It appears that the sealed transmission on the Nitro was a plan to keep owners or garages from adding the wrong fluid! Sold a Chrysler vehicle to my brother (never do this) that had only been Factory serviced and needed no fluid change but he took it to a tire shop and they changed the fluid (the next day) installing the wrong type. He called me back and said I had sold him a car with a bad transmission! I had included a complete list of All service performed on the vehicle (only Dealer, bought new) but he never looked at it or noticed that that had been done before by the Dealership. It took several minutes before I found out what he had done. He took it back to the tire shop and they determined their error and installed the correct fluid. Brother (we no longer speak) never said Thank You except I sold the car to him for too much money (per salesman), after driving it for over 1 year with no problems and trying to trade it in on another car.

·
Super Moderator
23,434 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts