Dodge Nitro Forum banner

Door Locking not working on 2008 Nitro

4K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  JO11YAC 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,
Hope you can help. My Nitro is not locking at all. Not had this issue before tonight. I’ve tried leaving it for a while and still no luck. Any ideas as to what could be wrong. It unlocks fine from the key as I tried locking the doors manually but there doesn’t seem to be a way of locking the boot manually. It also doesn’t lock when it gets to a certain speed anymore either which it had been doing fine.
Hope you can help.

#2 ·
You realize that depending on which dash option your Nitro has that this is a selected option that can be turned ON &OFF?

#4 ·
So you are using your remote to lock and unlock your Nitro. Sorry but I am having trouble understanding (locking the boot manually?). Or is your key not locking the door manually? Sorry, help me out... If it is an electrical issue try resetting the Nitro computer by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes or if your Nitro battery is more than three years old it may need to be replaced.

#5 ·
Sorry I worded my original post badly. I am unable to lock the car with the remote and if I try locking it with the key only the single door locks. Ill try checking the battery and see if it needs replacing or if I can sort it by disconnecting it for a few mins. Thanks for the advice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.