Dodge Nitro Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
does any one have any advice on the issue, when pressing Fob to lock doors the windows retract / open and indicators flash 3 times, keep being caught out with this and have parked up in various locations and come back to the car to find the windows down ?.

·
Super Moderator
25,200 Posts
Not a new issue. Reset the Nitro computer by disconnecting for 5 minutes. Also a sign that battery may need to be replaced. To be safe replace the FOB battery too. Let us know and Good Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate
I’ve removed the battery terminals and recharged the battery ( was fine as only 12 months old) have replaced the Key/ Fob battery but the issue still there, have also tried holding the lock and unlock buttons then releasing to get out of the mode…. Next step I suppose is to replace the key ?

·
Super Moderator
25,200 Posts
OK Brent those are the simple resolves so lets move on... No reason to replace the FOB but it must be in the Drivers side power window switch. When replacing it unless there is a bad contact or loose from the harness make sure to order the replacement that has the same part number on it. There are at lease two different switches!

Check out the below LINK:

Dodge Nitro: Drivers Power Window Switch Issues

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lets move on... No reason to replace the FOB but it must be in the Drivers side power window switch. When replacing it unless there is a bad contact or loose from the harness make sure to order the
Hi Rick
Not sure why it would be the window switch ? They all work fine I do however have 2 keys the spare key won’t open the car but will lock it and the key which is used every day seems to work but is a bit touchy…..I tried holding g both the unlock and lock buttons earlier the car indicators flashed and the car locked then unlocked and the windows went down, I wound windows back up, went to lock the car again and it locked - windows stayed up, came home locked car and windows stayed up ?! It seems to have a mind of its own ????

·
Super Moderator
25,200 Posts
If you read the Thread I supplied I think you might find another member that had the same issue as you and replacing the power window switch corrected his issue. Think about it, when you use your FOB it locks or unlocks the doors and also controls the windows using that same switch. Otherwise you may have a Tipm replacement dodge nitro issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts